Author Topic: Video Exonerates Man Set Up By Louisiana Cops And Prosecutors  (Read 2144 times)

MechAg94

• friend
http://news.yahoo.com/video-exonerates-man-set-louisiana-cops-prosecutors-video-202632601.html

This popped up on Yahoo.  I didn't see it on a search.  It appears to be one of those "bad cop" cases.  A man was serving a cop on a complaint and ended up getting arrested for assault on the officer with a few witnesses claiming they saw it.  Thankfully, he was recording the encounter on video. 

I didn't see mention of why it took so long to bring out the video.  I will await further information what happens to the cops. 

Here are a few more links I found.
http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/crime/veteran-accused-assault-louisiana-cops-prosecutors-video-disproves-claims

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/video-mans-police-interaction-exposes-vast-conspiracy-film-police/

http://www.wwltv.com/story/news/local/investigations/mike-perlstein/2015/02/26/charges-crumble-after-cell-phone-video-uncovered/24039559/
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Video Exonerates Man Set Up By Louisiana Cops And Prosecutors
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 10:27:35 PM »
Everyone involved in the railroad attempt needs to serve the maximum possible sentence that could have been handed to the intended victim.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 10:36:27 PM »
I know we have some "good ones" on APS but I see no reason to ever trust the word of anyone in the justice system. If you want me to believe you you need to have clear, unedited video evidence of your claims.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2015, 10:50:05 PM »
Between this and some of the stuff I have read about elsewhere, I would certainly question witness testimony and depositions more as a juror in the future.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 01:30:12 AM »
Louisina makes Chicago seem like a fair and equitable place.....
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2015, 09:40:26 AM »
Louisina makes Chicago seem like a fair and equitable place.....

Even with Chicago's own black site?
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2015, 11:07:17 AM »
Even with Chicago's own black site?

Louisiana has far more than one black site. They're traditionally called bayous...
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

HankB

• friend
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2015, 11:16:44 AM »
That is EXACTLY the reason cops don't like to be on video, and why they oppose things like body cameras.

(You could probably say the same about cameras in the classroom as well.)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2015, 11:43:40 AM »
That is EXACTLY the reason cops don't like to be on video, and why they oppose things like body cameras.

(You could probably say the same about cameras in the classroom as well.)

I wouldn't want a camera in my office either.  But programmers and engineers don't have a history of killing people or throwing them into the legal system meat grinder -- just for their own amusement or to settle a petty grievance.
"It's good, though..."

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2015, 12:46:48 PM »
This is the sort of crap that gets bureaucritters hurt in the long run.  Hold these guys accountable, now, or consequences in the future are likely to get ugly and "good guy" bureaucritters will get the same as the bad ones.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

HankB

• friend
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2015, 07:34:16 PM »
You know, the apparent depth and breadth of the corruption - crooked cop, crooked witnesses, crooked DA, all conspiring to railroad an innocent man into prison - seems to be the kind of thing that would draw attention of persons in high office.

This is a chance for Bobby Jindal - the conservative Republican governor of Louisiana and oft-mentioned Presidential contender - to show us all what he REALLY stands for.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2015, 08:24:34 PM »
This is the sort of crap that gets bureaucritters hurt in the long run.  Hold these guys accountable, now, or consequences in the future are likely to get ugly and "good guy" bureaucritters will get the same as the bad ones.

"I wonder where the Louisiana Sheriff went to
You can sure get lost in the Louisiana Bayou..." ♫
"It's good, though..."