Author Topic: Downton Abbey decor for sale. Possibly cheap but not inexpensive.  (Read 709 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Illinois Congressman Aaron Schock calls it quits.  Says questions about his spending habits and requests for reimbursement are getting in the way of representing the folks in his district.

There's talk that his resignation is ahead of a possible ethics investigation, which will now leave him with only a possible criminal investigation to deal with.

He's the guy who redecorated his offices with a Downton Abbey theme.  Some of his other shinnanigans were less obvious but right up there.

What amazes and astounds me is he is a R, not a D.  I always thought Illinois Rs were a bit more circumspect in how they ripped off the taxpayers.  (Putting in for reimbursemrnt for 170,000 miles driven - about 850 R/T commutes between home and DC - seems to be the least of his egregiousness.)

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
Re: Downton Abbey decor for sale. Possibly cheap but not inexpensive.
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 07:55:24 PM »
I always thought Illinois Rs were a bit more circumspect in how they ripped off the taxpayers.

Don't get me started on the Illinois Deathwish Party.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Re: Downton Abbey decor for sale. Possibly cheap but not inexpensive.
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 11:11:32 PM »
Nope. Both parties are corrupt in ill.

Remember how many of the past governors went to jail? Those were not only Democrats.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought