Author Topic: Clinton Used Personal Email as SECSTATE  (Read 6627 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Re: Clinton Used Personal Email as SECSTATE
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2015, 08:29:05 AM »
It would have been better if she had sent it from her personal account.....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2015, 07:55:13 PM »
Remember, these same people don't want you to have privacy in your electronic communications.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2015, 02:19:33 PM »
So Obama said (and gee, what a shocker) that he only learned of Clinton's personal email use debacle via the MSM. So does that mean he never once exchanged emails with his Secretary of State the entire time she held that position?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/03/08/obama-says-learned-clinton-private-emails-news-reports/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2015, 03:13:47 PM »
Supposedly she had/has an email server in her house.  Who does that?  The only reason is to keep anyone else from having access.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2015, 03:33:50 PM »
Supposedly she had/has an email server in her house.  Who does that?  The only reason is to keep anyone else from having access.
Yup.  It's weird.  And the only reason to do it is because you have an insane level of paranoia about needing deniability in the future.  It's much easier to disappear uncomfortable emails when you have direct control over the server.  This was something Hilary was thinking about and planning for years ago.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2015, 04:15:54 PM »
Yup.  It's weird.  And the only reason to do it is because you have an insane level of paranoia about needing deniability in the future.  It's much easier to disappear uncomfortable emails when you have direct control over the server.  This was something Hilary was thinking about and planning for years ago.

And we're already finding that in the emails she has submitted, that there are no emails for the day of her Twitter user photo where she's seen on her smart phone and on her way to Libya. Not just that day, but no emails for that entire Libya trip. As all things Libya were one of the requirements on the document request, we're already seeing monkey business at work.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2015, 05:14:32 PM »
If you meant to say "four" years, I think it goes back further than that.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2015, 05:17:20 PM »
http://www.politico.com/story/2015/03/obama-hillary-clinton-personal-email-115899.html
In a press briefing on Monday, White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest said that Obama did correspond with his secretary of state via her private email address.

..“The president, as I think many people expected, did over the course of his first several years in office trade emails with his secretary of state,” Earnest said. “I would not describe the number of emails as large, but they did have the occasion to email each other.”

Earnest’s admission comes after Obama said on CBS on Saturday that he learned about Clinton’s use of a private email and server “the same time everybody else learned it, through news reports.” According to Earnest, this comment should not be assumed to mean that Obama and Clinton never emailed back and forth.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/03/obama-hillary-clinton-personal-email-115899.html#ixzz3TvRSa2sg
President Obama didn't know about even though he did.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2015, 05:18:44 PM »
I still have to wonder if a lot of this is an attempt to air all of her scandals now to see if she survives as a candidate so they can dismiss them all as old news next year. 

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2015, 12:33:26 AM »
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2015, 12:47:08 AM »
So Obama said (and gee, what a shocker) that he only learned of Clinton's personal email use debacle via the MSM. So does that mean he never once exchanged emails with his Secretary of State the entire time she held that position?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/03/08/obama-says-learned-clinton-private-emails-news-reports/

Yeah, the sophisticated and razor-sharp president, who just never has any idea what's going on in his own house.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2015, 01:19:24 PM »

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2015, 01:53:02 PM »
Supposedly she had/has an email server in her house.  Who does that?

Well, I used to back when static IPs were cheaper.  It's convenient.

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2015, 11:43:20 AM »
I've seen stories about the company that provided/hosting the server being tied back to Putin and Russia.  Maybe the "Reset" button Hillary gave him was real.

http://www.geekwire.com/2015/why-the-clinton-email-server-story-matters-and-why-it-may-be-worse-than-you-think/

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2015, 02:24:46 PM »
Her defense at this point is absolutely outlandish. "Convenience" is absolutely against govt IT regs, and quite possibly illegal. Didn't want to carry two phones? Suck it up buttercup! I had to carry three: My regular work phone, a 24/7 emergency phone for one of my duties, and my personal phone for personal stuff. It was made quite clear that there would be no number forwarding or anything else to reduce the number of phones I had.

I could have done limited personal stuff on my regular work phone, as gov rules allow cell phone users to make personal calls as long as they don't go over their contract ceiling on minutes or data, or do so during company time. I, and many others, chose not to do so, not just because we didn't want the gov snooping in our private stuff, which they could with a configured phone (all work phones had to be configured for access by IT), but gov smart phones are so locked down that they are practically dumb phones, so carrying a personal phone let you use full smart phone features for your own stuff.

I will say that this is not just Hillary. The private email server certainly is all her, but in my time, I saw a lot of people that were SES who totally shined on regs regarding phones, tablets, laptops, etc. because, same excuse as Hillary, the gov configured devices were "inconvenient", and they figured they were high enough up the ladder that they didn't have to answer to anyone, and mostly they were right, since the highest IT people are generally GS level.

Absolutely most gov IT devices are locked down and inconvenient to use, but tough tiddlywinks, that's the way it is, and if you want to change it, then use the power you hold in your high level position to affect change. Instead,  I cringe thinking about how much sensitive information sits on personal devices with giant security holes. Not to mention the loss of access to it by the govt and taxpayers.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2015, 02:41:48 PM »

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2015, 07:15:20 PM »
I watched footage of her press conference.  She couldn't even look the reporters in the eye while she was providing her non-answers.  I'm sure that there are plenty of Dems who will vote for her no matter what, but the media doesn't seem to be giving her a pass on this one.
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2015, 07:54:14 PM »
I watched footage of her press conference.  She couldn't even look the reporters in the eye while she was providing her non-answers.  I'm sure that there are plenty of Dems who will vote for her no matter what, but the media doesn't seem to be giving her a pass on this one.

I suspect there is latent, unspoken dissatisfaction in the media for the first African-American President, and that they want a shot at a more satisfying option for first female POTUS than HRC. f this blows big and her candidacy fizzles I expect a lot of leg-thrilling for Elizabeth Warren.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2015, 10:57:34 PM »
The press hates her.  There was a story in Politico abot Hillary's press conference, the title of which summed up Hillary's message to the press: "Go to Hell".

Which come to think of it, might have been their message to Hillary.

I have also heard that AP is suing to get the e-mails.  This could get interesting.

Oh, and the far left of the DNC is already leg-thrilled with Warren, but she said she would not run if Hllary is running.  So the question becomes, is this enough to put Hilary back on the bench and free Warren to run?  Doubtful.  It will take several crushing defeat in Iowa, New Hampshire, and South Carolina to knock Hillary out as she has tons of money and will spend it all to buy her way to the White House.

But keep in mind how fast the left turn against her in 2008.  They really hate and want anyone (except Biden) to save them.

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2015, 11:51:37 PM »

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2015, 10:21:33 AM »
Krauthammer says it perfectly:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/early-onset-clinton-fatigue/2015/03/12/5801a542-c8d8-11e4-b2a1-bed1aaea2816_story.html
Had Richard Nixon burned his tapes, he would have survived Watergate. Sure, there would have been a major firestorm, but no smoking gun. Hillary Rodham was a young staffer on the House Judiciary Committee investigating Nixon. She saw. She learned.

Today you don’t burn tapes. You delete e-mails. Hillary Clinton deleted 30,000, dismissing their destruction with the brilliantly casual: “I didn’t see any reason to keep them.” After all, they were private and personal, she assured everyone.

How do we know that? She says so. Were, say, Clinton Foundation contributions considered personal? No one asked. It’s unlikely we’ll ever know. We have to trust her.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2015, 11:46:27 AM »
Thirty thousand emails are "personal and private"?   Mmmm, right.

(I've got close to 20years worth of mail here.  I should see if Thunderchicken can count them for me.)
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2015, 12:05:28 PM »
Thirty thousand emails are "personal and private"?   Mmmm, right.

Maybe, if you count spam and mailbombs as "personal and private," have no filtering and a fairly public address.  *Possibly* reasonable if they were counting filtered spam as "deleted emails," too.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2015, 12:11:34 PM »
I can't see what next week's scandal will be about- you know, the usual high crimes and misdemeanors that won't be investigated and will be forgotten by the week after.
Cumulatively they should equal thousands of years of prison sentences, but those in charge of investigating all play for Team Federal Government as well. Sure Gowdy will scream and Boehner will sniff, but at the end of the day, they'll be in President Caligula's hot tub.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

CypherNinja

• friend
“Fear of death increases in exact proportion to increase in wealth,” Hemingway once said. Today, many of us have become rich in the currency of cowardice. We have so many things and so few experiences. We are desperate to live as long as possible, not as large as possible. We are so afraid to say goodbye to the world that we never say hello.
-Marty Beckerman (from a Wired article of all things)