Author Topic: Who likes the fat pill-head?  (Read 2474 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Who likes the fat pill-head?
« on: October 26, 2006, 03:35:29 AM »
I do.  Listen to him whenever possible.

You?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

TarpleyG

• friend
Re: Who likes the fat pill-head?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 03:51:34 AM »
Too far right for my tastes.  I prefer Todd Schnitt in the afternoon myself.

Greg

Werewolf

• friend
  • Lead, Follow or Get the HELL out of the WAY!
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 03:53:29 AM »
Fat Pill Head?Huh?

Who are you referring to?
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love
truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Fight Me Online

BryanP

• friendly hermit
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2006, 04:00:33 AM »
Don't care for him myself.  I prefer discourse from people who have a volume control that isn't stuck on REALLY REALLY LOUD.

The pill-head part doesn't bother me.  Other than the hypocrisy he's evidenced on the subject in the past.
"Inaccurately attributed quotes are the bane of the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2006, 04:15:26 AM »
There's no way Limbaugh could be described as far-right.  Funny how he can be accused of shilling for Bush and the "neo-cons," and others accuse him of being to the far right.  Which is it? 

Hey, Brian, your radio has a volume control.  I've never noticed that he's louder than other radio hosts, but keep in mind he's partially deaf.  I also remember how he used to say that anyone abusing prescription pain-killers should be shot in the forehead without trial.  Hypocrite. 

Moondoggie

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2006, 04:24:26 AM »
Don't care for him or about him.  Don't listen.

Guys in the office listened to him every day once upon a time (early 90's).

I lost interest mostly because it takes him forever to get to the point.
Known from coast to coast, almost!

ilbob

• friend
    • Bob's blog
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2006, 04:43:05 AM »
I do.  Listen to him whenever possible.

You?

I used to listen to him all the time. He was hilariously funny when lampooning the dems and libs when they were in power. That is/was his forte.

I listen to him less these days because he is just not as good as when the Clintons were in office. They just provided so much material that he almost couldn't help being good.

I find it odd that people claim all kinds of things about his political views that just plain are not so. He is very clearly not a big fan of many of W's policies, other than the WOT, and makes it no secret.

bob

Disclaimers: I am not a lawyer, cop, soldier, gunsmith, politician, plumber, electrician, or a professional practitioner of many of the other things I comment on in this forum.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2006, 05:09:00 AM »
I find it odd that people claim all kinds of things about his political views that just plain are not so. He is very clearly not a big fan of many of W's policies, other than the WOT, and makes it no secret.
I don't think it's odd - it's pretty common in political discourse.  I think some people are so put off by W, and are so convinced he is guilty of various conspiracies, that they can't interpret Limbaugh's defense of him as anything but bought-and-paid-for schilling or slavish devotion to authority.  The same was true of Clinton. 

Dannyboy

• friend
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2006, 05:21:44 AM »
Never did really listen to him before.  Ever since the end of the Clinton Era, I think he's become fairly irrelevant, so I don't listen to him at all now.  But, to be fair, I don't listen to any radio at all these days.
Oh, Lord, please let me be as sanctimonious and self-righteous as those around me, so that I may fit in.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2006, 05:24:53 AM »
I like to listen to Rush.  He's not perfect, but he has helped create a venue in which we are able to hear both sides of an issue.  I don't always agree with his perception of reality in some ways.  But, any of you out there that can say h/s has not been hypocritical from time to time, well, you can cast the first stone in that regard.

Something that Rush does that is valuable to me is how he exposes the MSM's tendency to spin, create or manipulate information to create in issue that does not necessarily exist.  We now have a counter point to that with talk radio, blogs, and the creation of alternative news outlets on cable.  I think Rush was the moving force behind all of that.

A prime example of this manipulation is the Michael J Fox incident.  The MSM is portraying Rush as an insensitive boob who is picking on a sick guy.  I actually was listening to Rush when he began taliking about this political ad.
Rush made a couple of valid points.  He said Mr. Fox was either off his meds or was acting.  Mr. Fox himself has admitted when he makes appeals on behalf of his illness, he does stop his meds so that people can see the devastation of his disease.  Mr. Fox is an actor.  That is what he does.  Rush's point is that it is one thing to be go public to promote a thing, but it is quite another when one uses one's illness to promote a political viewpoint, especially if that viewpoint is not accurate, but is rather political propaganda.  His ads are that; inaccurate and propaganda.  Rush went on to say that Mr. Fox might be being exploited by the democrats.  He also was very clear in that everyone would like to see devastating diseases conquered and Mr. Fox, specifically, be cured.  Rush imho opinion is sensitive to Mr. Fox's problem, but pointed out  Mr. Fox, in how the ad was construced, alluded to the fact that republicans apparently don't want to see diseases cured or worse.

In my view, after listening to Rush's comments when he said them, and listenting to the ad, Mr. Fox, imho, insulted a lot of Americans with what he alluded to in his ad.

In other words, what is being said about Limbaugh by the MSM and the usual media suspects is not what he said, nor how he said it.  I heard it with my own ears.  Rush also said that what they are saying about him, would be said in the way that he said he would be portrayed by them.  They did not disappoint him.

Rush may have his faults, but understanding leftists and statists and is not one of them.  He is always spot on in that regard.  I think we need to be reminded of what leftists and statists stand for from time to time.  It's too easy to believe the lie.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2006, 05:31:39 AM »
I prefer Boortz.

I'll listen to Limbaugh if I can't find a Boortz station around me, but Boortz is my main man.  He's libertarian in politics, if you're interested.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

StopTheGrays

• friend
  • bah...
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2006, 05:37:16 AM »
I also remember how he used to say that anyone abusing prescription pain-killers should be shot in the forehead without trial.  Hypocrite. 
Have a link or anything to support that? He may have said something like that about people who abuse illegal drugs but I cannot prove that either.
Does any image illustrate so neatly the wrongheadedness of the Obama administration than Americans scrambling in terror from Air Force One?
Just great…Chicago politics has spread to all 57 states.
They told me if I voted for John McCain, my country would look like it is run by people with a disturbing affinity towards fascism. And they were right!

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2006, 05:37:59 AM »
Listen to him all the time.  I like that he actually has a memory and archives and can look back to what people were saying months or years ago.
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2006, 05:40:05 AM »
Around here, Boortz is on right before Franken.   laugh

I also remember how he used to say that anyone abusing prescription pain-killers should be shot in the forehead without trial.  Hypocrite. 
Have a link or anything to support that? He may have said something like that about people who abuse illegal drugs but I cannot prove that either.
He's never said anything like that about anyone. 

The MSM does not care what Limbaugh said about MJ Fox or what he meant.  Any criticism of someone like Fox or Sheehan or the family of 11 Sept. victims fits the MSM's template of mean-spiritedness.  This is the only way they can interpret it.  Or it could be that they are creating a scandal for their own pocket-books.  Perhaps both.

What is really ironic is that Rush (the supposed propagandist) has been instrumental in creating skepticism about all information media, himself included.  How many people were blindly accepting what Dan Rather had to say, before Rush and other talkers called him into question?  There were accusations of media bias before, but Rush made it mainstream. 

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2006, 06:28:19 AM »
Nope.  His position on drugs was limiting to being strongly opposed to legalization, supportive of existing laws, and supportive of increasing enforcement of drug laws amongst white-collar users.

I don't care much for the guy, but every now and again he'll say something very worthwhile.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2006, 06:32:32 AM »
Rush is not perfect (unlike many here) but he is right a large percentage of the time. He does cast the light of truth on the mainstrteam media and that's a reason so many hate him so much.

He's a pretty good showman and he's just downright funny (a hell of a lot funnier than Al Franken and his group of sycophants ever thought of being).

When I first listened to him I couldn't stand his self agrandization and arrogance, then I grew a sense of humor.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2006, 06:54:43 AM »
he seems to have a good grasp of what is happening, and why.  I listen fairly often.  Most of the time he reflects my own thoughts.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2006, 07:16:34 AM »
Rush is kind of a one-trick pony . . . "Liberal Democrats are bad - bad bad bad - bad Liberal Democrats bad."

It doesn't matter that it's actually true, it gets repetitious.

Unless he was deliberately being satirical, I've yet to hear Rush deliberately put out false information . . . unlike dominant media icons such as Dan "Forged Documents from a Dead Man" Rather and Tom "Exploding Pickups and Assault Weapons" Brokaw.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2006, 07:37:16 AM »
When I first listened to him I couldn't stand his self agrandization and arrogance, then I grew a sense of humor.
  You do have to listen a while to understand the joke.

I listen to him less these days because he is just not as good as when the Clintons were in office. They just provided so much material that he almost couldn't help being good.
They're still providing material.  Limbaugh submits that leftists are loonier when they are out of power. 

I started this thread because when Blackburn was testing the new security features, he kept claiming that all of us are "doing what the fat pill-head tells us to."

I thought I'd see what APS members thought about FPH.  You may now return to your regularly-scheduled groupthink.

Declaration Day

• friends
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2006, 09:06:22 AM »
I listen to Rush almost every day.  I don't always agree with him, but I find him to be very entertaining.

I don't fault him for the painkiller "scandal".   People make mistakes.  Atleast he was man enough to admit it. 

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2006, 09:13:18 AM »
They're still providing material.  Limbaugh submits that leftists are loonier when they are out of power. 

wingnutx

• friend
  • Danish Cartoonist
    • http://www.punk-rock.com
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2006, 09:47:53 AM »
I'm not a Limbaugh fan, though his books were pretty good. I just think he's boorish on the radio.

Hugh Hewitt has a great show, and so does Dennis Prager. Liddy & Hill are pretty good.

I listen to a lot of NPR, too.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2006, 11:07:00 AM »
I started this thread because when Blackburn was testing the new security features, he kept claiming that all of us are "doing what the fat pill-head tells us to."

I thought I'd see what APS members thought about FPH.  You may now return to your regularly-scheduled groupthink.

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2006, 04:51:47 PM »
Loosing one's hearing isn't entirely without compensations: I hardly ever listen to the radio any more. I used to listen to Limbaugh now and then, but could never stand his voice.

What does the "move" thingy do?
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

Modifiedbrowning

• friend
  • Best Avatar on APS
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2006, 04:59:40 PM »
Fistful did Rush say it or not?

EDIT:
I guess my sarcasm meter isn't turned on tonight. I also missed the reference to Rosie. Mea Culpa.
Give Peace a Chance,
Kill all Terrorists.