Author Topic: Anybody remember Steve Allen as Tonite Show host?  (Read 830 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Anybody remember Steve Allen as Tonite Show host?
« on: March 29, 2015, 06:47:17 PM »
He had a sthick where he would run around the desk yelling "Mock!  Mock!  Mock!"  (Not because he was mocking anybody/thing - just because it was a funny sound.)

Why are there no YouTube captures of that when you need them?

http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/21771/

Students at Dixie State University have filed a lawsuit against their school after administrators refused to approve their request to distribute flyers to promote their libertarian club, hand outs that rebuked big government by playfully lampooning George W. Bush and Barack Obama.

Campus officials denied the flyers on the grounds that they violated school policy, which does not allow students to disparage others, according to the lawsuit. But the students, members of Young Americans for Liberty, allege their free speech rights have been infringed, and a leader of the group said in an interview administrators are “silencing and marginalizing” them.

The lawsuit also cites an incident in which a security guard for the Utah campus actively monitored the group’s “free speech wall” display for so-called hate speech.
One flyer stated “learn to hold your leaders accountable” and featured a picture of President Bush with the caption “miss me yet?” next to a photograph of a grumpy cat with the caption “Why aren’t you in prison?” Another flyer featured President Obama with the air quote: “Get in my BELLYYYY!” over the caption “don’t be consumed by the state!” The third flyer pictured Che Guevara with the words “real rebels don’t support centralized state authority.” Each flyer also listed the time, date and location of the group’s meetings.

The three flyers were reviewed last October by the dean of students and the administrative assistant to the dean of students and were denied because they “mocked individuals” in violation of Dixie State policies, the lawsuit stated, adding the flyers were only approved for distribution after the students agreed to remove the images of the three political figures.

:facepalm:

It's like education administrators are getting infected with some sort of stupidity virus when they attend education administration school.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Re: Anybody remember Steve Allen as Tonite Show host?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 07:14:59 PM »
Another post about moronic stupidity moved to politics.

Yet the thread about the moronic principal remains in RT http://www.armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=47672.0

I'm starting to feel [tinfoil] .

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Triphammer

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 10:17:50 PM »
He had a sthick where he would run around the desk yelling "Mock!  Mock!  Mock!"  (Not because he was mocking anybody/thing - just because it was a funny sound.)

The word he was saying was "Schmuck" a Yiddish word meaning pr*ck. None of his producer's knew what it meant. When they found out, he was fired. In his own words from an interview I heard many years later.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 03:09:39 PM »
You know what they say - memory is the second thing to go.

stay safe.