Author Topic: Go Fund Me campaign to help guy get his guns back  (Read 958 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Go Fund Me campaign to help guy get his guns back
« on: April 03, 2015, 06:19:55 PM »
http://www.gofundme.com/qv3wa4

NO FUQ problems since I started the campaign.

Let's pay the Sheriff's fee

http://m.tribdem.com/news/cambria-county-set-to-return-guns-to-resident--/article_554553c2-d8f4-11e4-b051-3f4a91fe7d44.html?mode=jqm

Guy's vengeful ex-girlfriend gets a temporary protection from abuse order against him and the Sheriff, as required by law, confiscated all his guns and ammunition until a hearing on a permanent protection from abuse order can be held.

That hearing is held and the judge vacated the temporary order.  “It was one of those he said, she said,” [Sheriff] Kolar said of the hearing in front of Senior Judge F. Joseph Leahey."

Now the Sheriff wants $1,200.00 to pay for the costs his department incurred in confiscating the guns.

This is ridiculous!

This campaign is to pay the outrageous fee/reimburse the man for paying to get his property back.

I'd appreciate if you could spare a buck or two.

stay safe.

If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

SADShooter

• friend
Re: Go Fund Me campaign to help guy get his guns back
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 06:25:23 PM »
In a just world ex-Babycakes would have to pony up. Will shake the fruit jar...
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2015, 06:55:48 PM »
What a *expletive deleted*ed up situation!  The guy's the victim and he's got to pay to get his *expletive deleted*it back?!

One more reason to not trust LE.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2015, 07:14:08 PM »
What a *expletive deleted*ed up situation!  The guy's the victim and he's got to pay to get his *expletive deleted*it back?!

One more reason to not trust LE.
a guy I used to work with had his car stolen from work. it was a beater that he paid $100 for. The police located it, impounded it, and billed him for $300.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2015, 07:15:25 PM »
http://www.gofundme.com/qv3wa4

NO FUQ problems since I started the campaign.

I'd appreciate if you could spare a buck or two.

stay safe.

They should be charging the ex-girlfriend.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2015, 07:31:08 PM »
In a just world ex-Babycakes would have to pony up. Will shake the fruit jar...

If you read the comments after the linked article you will see that an attorney has offered his services.  I've been in touch with him about that and discovering the identity of the guy.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.