Author Topic: Lucille Ball's Family Should Sue  (Read 6991 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Re: Lucille Ball's Family Should Sue
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 08:03:17 PM »
Looks more like William DeVane with pearls.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 08:35:27 PM »
The town is taking up a collection to have the same person recast it.  :lol: I guess they think he's gotten better.

Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2015, 08:57:34 PM »
How the hell could he get such an iconic face so wrong?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2015, 09:05:27 PM »
When you have to be told who that is to know who it's supposed to be, it's not very good.

I would have never guessed that was Lucy...
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2015, 09:09:59 PM »
A caricature of Reagan, or Bob's Big Boy, on a woman's body?
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2015, 09:24:51 PM »
Or maybe Gary Busey.  (to think somebody actually *paid* for that)
"It's good, though..."

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2015, 09:35:34 PM »

Nope doesn't look right
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Marnoot

• friend
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2015, 12:34:24 AM »
If he was going off the scene charby posted a screen cap of (and I imagine he was), did he just watch the scene once while eating lunch, never before having seen Lucille Ball, then go sculpt it from memory? 'cause that's sure what it looks like.

The hair's wrong, the face is wrong, the mouth is wrong, the hands are wrong, the belt's wrong . . .

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2015, 05:54:38 AM »
IIRC casting a statue requires several steps before the molten metal is poured when models are involved.  You know, things that the City Fathers could have/should have looked atand said "tweak this" and "treak that" or "I don't know who that is supposed to be but it does not even remotely resemble her."  And then the family gets to reviw the models and approve them.

I seems that in this case they threw a picture and some money at the scuptor and said "Make a statue of this.  Deliver it by __," and then went out for a beer or whatever it is City Fathers do.

What bothers me is that for some reason it has taken this long for "corrective" action to have started.

I still say Richmond screwed up with the statue to Arthur Ashe.  Maybe from straight on the pose works, but from the ground angle it still looks like he is about to bash those little kids with his requet.  https://rotj.wordpress.com/2010/01/13/arthur-ashe-statue-on-monument-avenue/  But at least the figure does actually look like him.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2015, 06:05:23 AM »
1. Yikes.

2. Aha:
"Village officials told The Post-Journal of Jamestown that they've talked to the sculptor about making changes to the statue's face, but the artist wants as much as $10,000 to alter his artwork. Other sculptors have quoted a price tag of about $5,000."

Bait and switch in art?

3.  Compare:
http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/ca/cc/ca/caccca91643fc7e2ce9c104a87c72921.jpg

http://hispanic-culture-online.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Famous-Spanish-People-I-Love-Lucy.jpg

4. Yikes.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2015, 08:30:46 AM »
When you have to be told who that is to know who it's supposed to be, it's not very good.

I would have never guessed that was Lucy...

Even after being told it's Lucy -- it isn't Lucy.

There is no way that abomination could ever be confused with
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2015, 09:28:13 AM »
 :rofl:

Milwaukee's "Fonz in bronze" is actually pretty accurate to Henry Winkler's visage, but it's still equally disturbing. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bronze_Fonz
I promise not to duck.

Marnoot

• friend
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2015, 10:45:18 AM »
:rofl:

Milwaukee's "Fonz in bronze" is actually pretty accurate to Henry Winkler's visage, but it's still equally disturbing. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bronze_Fonz

Disturbing is right:

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2015, 10:59:07 AM »
Compare:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-SPB97cCLPog/T_NVjsM28RI/AAAAAAAAGKY/-K6QdmlOiSs/s1600/319415_10150877516480667_1330112945_n.jpg

I think that Lucille Ball sculptor want the $10 grand to get some more lessons before re-doing it.  :rofl:

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2015, 10:59:32 AM »
Disturbing is right

Stupid is more like it. If Winkler were from Milwaukee, I could see it, but he's from New York. His connection to Milwaukee is playing a (ridiculous) character on a TV show that was fictionally set in Milwaukee. It would be like erecting a statue of Frances McDormand in Fargo, ND because of her role in the movie by the same name.

Marnoot

• friend
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2015, 11:08:10 AM »
Makes sense being in Milwaukee to me (apart from the sculpture itself being an abomination). It's a sculpture of the fictional Milwaukeean character Winkler played, rather than Winkler himself. A thin distinction, but enough to make sense (at least to me).

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2015, 04:05:54 PM »
So are you going to Sadamm Rocky's statue?

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2015, 04:38:38 PM »
Reminds me of the MLK sculpture that makes him look Oriental.   :facepalm:

I'd tell the alleged "artist" that rather than pay him $10k to fix this abomination, I'd rather put a picture of Lucy next to it with the caption "What do you think of this artist's ability to sculpt an American entertainment icon?"

I'd go out of my way to make him a laughingstock.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2015, 06:08:57 PM »
Reminds me of the MLK sculpture that makes him look Oriental.   :facepalm:

Not just Oriental but a cross between Mao and Dear Reader.  When it was unveiled there was talk of changing the direction of the Korean War Memorial line of march.

stay safe.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2015, 08:42:06 PM »
Milwaukee's "Fonz in bronze" is actually pretty accurate to Henry Winkler's visage, but it's still equally disturbing.

Looks like another zombie to me.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2015, 06:11:08 AM »
Disturbing in the scary clown kind of way...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2015, 07:25:26 AM »
Disturbing in the scary clown kind of way...

There are clowns that are not scary?

stay safe.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2015, 07:54:05 AM »
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2015, 11:08:23 AM »
Oooops...never mind.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero