Author Topic: NICS (the TV show) and Operation Fast and Furious  (Read 1518 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
NICS (the TV show) and Operation Fast and Furious
« on: April 08, 2015, 12:32:01 PM »
I don't watch the show - too much BS/FU to sit through and no, Abbey is not worth spending all that time grinding my teeth/barfing/yelling at the set to oogle.  But thanks to Miguel I just might have to watch last night's episode.

http://gunfreezone.net/wordpress/index.php/2015/04/08/atf-beaten-like-a-cheap-rented-mule-in-ncis/

Imagine my surprise when Jethro Gibbs mentions the magic words “Operation Fast and Furious.” But I composed myself knowing that it was just a passing reference and nothing more would be said…

And then they pulled out the baseball bats.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: NICS (the TV show) and Operation Fast and Furious
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2015, 12:36:07 PM »
Yeah ... They sure bored down on the "stupidity" of the BATmen in that episode.
I think it was well deserved ....
OTOH I have not been overly impressed by NCIS shows recently.  They brought back Robert Wagner as DiNozzo Senior last night and he's always good for a grin. 
But otherwise,  "meh."
I think at  maybe a decade old now NCIS has had its run ....  =|
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2015, 01:18:09 PM »
I did not see last night's episode. I used to like NCIS, their "father gov is best" stuff aside. It was also easier to put that stuff aside in previous seasons because they didn't emphasize it so much. The last couple of seasons, they've really gone full bore on "guns outside of LE hands are evil", having the typical "gun show whacko" episode, and a bunch of other stuff that just seems way off what would be needed for the script. Way too political.

While they still kind of push a "rah military" theme, it has become kind of an "us vs them" theme. Much different than say "24", which I know many here didn't like because of the "govt agent torturing people" stuff.  I could overlook that in "24" because they really made it a part of the plot and storyline, versus the political messages I've seen out of NCIS of late.

Edit: just read the episode synopsis at the link. I'll need to watch the episode and maybe will need to eat my words (though I am still unhappy with the anti-gun messages I've seen in past episodes).
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2015, 06:35:48 PM »
I did not see last night's episode. I used to like NCIS, their "father gov is best" stuff aside. It was also easier to put that stuff aside in previous seasons because they didn't emphasize it so much. The last couple of seasons, they've really gone full bore on "guns outside of LE hands are evil", having the typical "gun show whacko" episode, and a bunch of other stuff that just seems way off what would be needed for the script. Way too political.

While they still kind of push a "rah military" theme, it has become kind of an "us vs them" theme. Much different than say "24", which I know many here didn't like because of the "govt agent torturing people" stuff.  I could overlook that in "24" because they really made it a part of the plot and storyline, versus the political messages I've seen out of NCIS of late.

Edit: just read the episode synopsis at the link. I'll need to watch the episode and maybe will need to eat my words (though I am still unhappy with the anti-gun messages I've seen in past episodes).

I watched it last night. No completely stupid anti-gun stuff aside from the usual automatic "check to see if the gun was registered" thing (which is fine if it's in DC, but the shooting took place in VA, IIRC).

They really went after the ATF. Aside from DiNozzo's ATF agent girlfriend ( ;/), they're uniformly shown to be incompetent asses who will obstruct a murder investigation in order to save face.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2015, 10:27:30 PM »
I watched it last night. No completely stupid anti-gun stuff aside from the usual automatic "check to see if the gun was registered" thing (which is fine if it's in DC, but the shooting took place in VA, IIRC).

I just had a thought about this.  What if they're not checking the state registration system, but a registry of guns reported stolen, manufacturer warranty records, etc...?  It doesn't have to be a universal government registry, after all.

Heck it could be a shorthand for 'see if we have any information on this firearm in the computer'.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2015, 10:55:44 PM »
I just had a thought about this.  What if they're not checking the state registration system, but a registry of guns reported stolen, manufacturer warranty records, etc...?  It doesn't have to be a universal government registry, after all.

Heck it could be a shorthand for 'see if we have any information on this firearm in the computer'.

Maybe.

Is that what you believe the average viewer thinks of when he hears "See if the gun is registered"?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2015, 12:40:37 AM »
I regularly encounter people that think all guns everywhere have to be registered.
I generally try to educate them but I'll rapidly disengage when I encounter willful stupidity.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2015, 06:33:35 AM »
Hell it is a TV show meant to entertain.  99% of the dribble being put on TV and in movies anymore are just as stupid.

I watch TV to be entertained and/or just for background noise.  I could really care less about the politics being pushed.  99% of the people watching the damn shows don't know any better and never will because of what the MSM  [barf] every single day.

There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2015, 07:56:47 AM »
I respectfully disagree.  Well, me and Dr. Goebbles.

When the MSM puts forward a piece of entertainment (something not overtly labled as "news") that skewers a government agency it is what the folks in the Drama Dept. call foreshadowing.

Somebody made sure that it would be safe for the show and the network to do a hit piece.

The thing to do now is watch to see how many other MSM entertainment outlets climb on the bandwagon and how loudly they shout.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.