Author Topic: Brony trigger alert - My Little Pony tells children about marxism and equality  (Read 8955 times)

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
Yes, but how does the show depict males? I am not impressed by messages that women are independent and intelligent and strong. In 2015 this is not bold or new or revolutionary. Depicting females as equally capable as males is great; simply depicting females as awesome is just chauvinism.

I don't know, but I assume it's fair. Since it's still ostensibly a "girl franchise" at least superficially, I guess the main characters are all girls?

The one episode that caught my eye while making my kids Saturday morning pancakes was some sort of scam-artist ponies came into town, with red-striped barber shop quartet jackets, and 1910 straw flat-brimmed hats, and whatever they were selling, they did a song that was a 100% shameless rip-off of the first part of "The Music Man" when he's in scam-artist mode and gets the whole town singing the "Trouble" number.

That's when I realized the Bronies were telling the truth about all the "hidden subtext" in the show. I still won't touch the subculture with a 10 foot pole, but I don't beat them up anymore.  =D
I promise not to duck.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
My girlfriend gave me a pony as a gag gift for Valentines Day. It wasn't until I read this article that I learned it is Rainbow Dash. I have never seen the show but she is pretty fabulous.

Rainbow Dash rocks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVCFV7jT9ho

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
Where did the confetti come from at the end? It kind of stretches belief.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

dogmush

• friend
Yes, the confetti is where it crosses the line.

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
Yes, the confetti is where it crosses the line.

? If I remember right, it was chucked by other pegasai in the actual show(though unseen big party poppers stored in the upper tiers of the cloud would also work).  That bit in the end was supposed to be a race competition, so them having it ready for celebrating the winner makes sense.

Not to mention that the pink one is the most 'toony' of them all and tends to haul around a 'party' confetti cannon with a bore larger than most Civil War field pieces.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
My girlfriend gave me a pony as a gag gift for Valentines Day. It wasn't until I read this article that I learned it is Rainbow Dash. I have never seen the show but she is pretty fabulous.

Let me emphasize the implied FAAAABUUUUULLLLOOUUUSSS in this statement...
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
? If I remember right, it was chucked by other pegasai in the actual show(though unseen big party poppers stored in the upper tiers of the cloud would also work).  That bit in the end was supposed to be a race competition, so them having it ready for celebrating the winner makes sense.

Not to mention that the pink one is the most 'toony' of them all and tends to haul around a 'party' confetti cannon with a bore larger than most Civil War field pieces.

This is some of the funniest crap I've read all day. :rofl:  Thank you.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
My comment about the confetti was indeed a joke about where the suspension of disbelief fails for different sorts of people... and implying that the magical confetti was the only problem I found.

=D

dogmush

• friend
My comment about the confetti was indeed a joke about where the suspension of disbelief fails for different sorts of people... and implying that the magical confetti was the only problem I found.

=D

That's as crazy as choosing a WWII era rifle to take into a space battle. 

=D =D >:D

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
Hey, there was a time another crewmember suggested it wasn't appropriate for the mission, so he chose Vietnam-era technology instead.  :P

MechAg94

• friend
That's as crazy as choosing a WWII era rifle to take into a space battle. 

=D =D >:D
http://www.amazon.com/Into-Hinterlands-Citizen-David-Drake/dp/1451638426/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1430011925&sr=8-4&keywords=david+drake
Well, if you are sort of riding bicycles in space, maybe you can go all the way back to air guns and sling shots. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....

This just goes to show how absolutely, 100% correct Cordex's post on page one is. 
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
Brony, and all that this entails, is just too weird to be normal.  Not even worth discussing.  It just ain't normal.