Author Topic: Let your kids get 600 yards away from you? CPS will take them.  (Read 9213 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Re: Let your kids get 600 yards away from you? CPS will take them.
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 06:31:51 PM »
I saw that on the morning news, just rubbed me the wrong way.

I'm so glad I grew up in a different time.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 06:48:20 PM »
If you shot those CPS folks for attempted kidnapping would that be hunting over bait?

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 06:49:08 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/04/13/maryland-free-range-kids-taken-into-custody-by-child-protective-services-again/

Maryland is a loathesome state, even by east coast standards.

https://govt.westlaw.com/mdc/Document/N083BDE80506011E2B0EA944E5B0D2891?viewType=FullText&originationContext=documenttoc&transitionType=CategoryPageItem&contextData=(sc.Default)

Temporary removal
(c) The representative may remove the child temporarily, without prior approval by the juvenile court, if the representative believes that the child is in serious, immediate danger.

1 - Don't see where the cops have any authority to take custody of the kids unless they are committing some crime.

2 - Strangly, "serious, immediate danger" from or of what is not defined.

Compare that to http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+63.2-1517

§ 63.2-1517. Authority to take child into custody.

A. A physician or child-protective services worker of a local department or law-enforcement official investigating a report or complaint of abuse and neglect may take a child into custody for up to 72 hours without prior approval of parents or guardians provided:

1. The circumstances of the child are such that continuing in his place of residence or in the care or custody of the parent, guardian, custodian or other person responsible for the child's care, presents an imminent danger to the child's life or health to the extent that severe or irremediable injury would be likely to result or if evidence of abuse is perishable or subject to deterioration before a hearing can be held;

2. A court order is not immediately obtainable;

3. The court has set up procedures for placing such children;

4. Following taking the child into custody, the parents or guardians are notified as soon as practicable. Every effort shall be made to provide such notice in person;

5. A report is made to the local department; and

6. The court is notified and the person or agency taking custody of such child obtains, as soon as possible, but in no event later than 72 hours, an emergency removal order pursuant to § 16.1-251; however, if a preliminary removal order is issued after a hearing held in accordance with § 16.1-252 within 72 hours of the removal of the child, an emergency removal order shall not be necessary. Any person or agency petitioning for an emergency removal order after four hours have elapsed following taking custody of the child shall state the reasons therefor pursuant to § 16.1-251.

Checks and balances.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re:
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2015, 07:01:26 PM »
They took me to set up a case.  The cps folks  are trying to show they are bad parents if they don't call cops right away.
Cps has a lot invested in not looking stupid /stupider
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2015, 07:41:43 PM »

Checks and balances.
If you say so.  Loop holes trucks are driven through. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Re:
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2015, 07:44:00 PM »
They took me to set up a case.  The cps folks  are trying to show they are bad parents if they don't call cops right away.

Why did I immediately think of "The Ransom of Red Chief"?

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

MechAg94

• friend
Re:
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2015, 08:06:13 PM »
That last part isn't working.  Just the idea that they are even going after these kids makes them look stupid.  Apparently, all is well in that area and there is no real abuse going on at all so this is all they have to look at.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2015, 08:07:10 PM »
My other question is what were the kids doing that warranted someone to call CPS?  Is it some busybody? 

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2015, 08:09:57 PM »
My other question is what were the kids doing that warranted someone to call CPS?  Is it some busybody? 

It's apparently a wealthy neighborhood in MD that uses the local PD to enforce social norms, and this family is outside the norm for the community of helicopter parents. Sort of like Medina here in WA and the cops zero tolerance policy on DWP.

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2015, 08:18:11 PM »
I wonder what laws were broken to take the kids into custody?  Kidnapping?  False Arrest?  (yeah, yeah, "qualified immunity")  I really don't see where QI would cover it.
"It's good, though..."

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2015, 08:45:48 PM »
I wonder what laws were broken to take the kids into custody?  Kidnapping?  False Arrest?  (yeah, yeah, "qualified immunity")  I really don't see where QI would cover it.

Community policing.  https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles/commp.pdf

It's what lets the cops kick in your door because some busybody at work forgot you took three days off and got concerned that you might have fallen and not been able to get to a phone.

Or your bookie who's looking for you pretends to be some relative that has not heard from you and is worried you might be dead and the cats are eating your face.

Or some neighborhood biddy who freaks over what could happen to those poor, sweet chilren - without stopping to consider that it could happen to them even with their parents right there.

stay safe.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2015, 08:47:53 PM »
Just ... Wow!

By the time I was ten, I was rambling a lot farther from home than 600 yards. The neighbors couldn't have turned me in, though (not that they would have), because I was mostly wandering around in the woods either behind the house or across the street. Heck, I followed an old woods road I found once and ended up two towns away. I was home in time for dinner so it was just business as usual.

The problem today is that the nanny state blissninnies want to take all the fun out of being a kid.

Oh, and when I was out wandering in the woods by the age of ten, I was carrying a fixed-blade hunting knife with about a 6- or 7-inch blade. And it was sharp, because my grandfather didn't approve of knives that weren't sharp enough to shave with. The SJWs' heads would have exploded over the idea that the entire family considered it perfectly normal and healthy for a ten-year old to be walking around the world with a "huge" knife on his belt on a daily basis.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re:
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2015, 09:12:46 PM »
What no gun?
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2015, 09:33:06 PM »
Balog described the neighborhood well. Its funny though that part of moco is like a layer cake.
The kids were probably 3/4 to a mile from home

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2015, 10:40:41 PM »
I spend much of my work time in Juvi Court, and am carrying a CPS docket now. When I get to a real keyboard tomorrow,  I'll have a lot to say about this...
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2015, 10:49:39 PM »
I've never met a CPS/DHS* type person that I felt was truly sane.

*Oklahoma is Dept. of Human Services (predates Homeland Security)
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2015, 03:40:40 AM »
It's apparently a wealthy neighborhood in MD that uses the local PD to enforce social norms, and this family is outside the norm for the community of helicopter parents. Sort of like Medina here in WA and the cops zero tolerance policy on DWP.

DWP?  ???
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2015, 03:54:38 AM »
DWP?  ???

Medina is an extremely, extremely wealthy neighborhood in Bellevue where Bill Gates has (one of) his houses. The local PD has a zero tolerance policy towards Driving While Poor in that area. Almost zero real crime, and what exists is committed by heirs and heiresses whose billionaire parents are "extremely grateful for your discretion in this matter officer." But roll through there looking like you're in the wrong tax bracket (and aren't there to mow the lawns or something) and you won't get a mile before Officer Friendly pulls you over for [insert BS reason here].

Cops as tools of social conformity, now available to everyone with enough money to be on a first name basis with whatever local .gov official controls the funding of the local PD. 

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2015, 08:33:00 AM »
there are always going to be extreme cases, used to push an agenda.  How about the mom that dangled her two year old over the Cheetah cage?  Should CPS get involved there?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2015, 09:23:31 AM »
there are always going to be extreme cases, used to push an agenda.  How about the mom that dangled her two year old over the Cheetah cage?  Should CPS get involved there?
That should get their attention a lot more than kids playing a little distance from home. 

There was case not too long ago of a woman who was fighting CPS.  He kids were together at a neighborhood park just down the street and could be seen from our front door.

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2015, 09:42:02 AM »
Free Range
 S'posed to be healthier for chickens- didn't hurt us.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2015, 10:08:09 AM »
I have a very good friend that works for DHS here in Oklahoma and talking with her she said two of the biggest problems is that the State won't back them 99% of the time and that 99% of the time the good case workers get so burnt out with the substandard pay and BS they have to put up with they move on to better things.

It is a job just as teaching if you're good at it you're still not doing it for the money.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2015, 10:44:40 AM »
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/04/13/maryland-free-range-kids-taken-into-custody-by-child-protective-services-again/

Maryland is a loathesome state, even by east coast standards.

All those involved in this who get their pay from the taxpayers have also earned some serious corporal punishment, pour encourager les autres.  It seems that there are zero legal methods available to the citizenry to modify the behavior of the bureaucritters, so that leaves only extra-legal methods. 

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

HankB

• friend
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2015, 10:26:14 PM »
Just ... Wow!

By the time I was ten, I was rambling a lot farther from home than 600 yards. The neighbors couldn't have turned me in, though (not that they would have), because I was mostly wandering around in the woods either behind the house or across the street. Heck, I followed an old woods road I found once and ended up two towns away. I was home in time for dinner so it was just business as usual.
I grew up in Chicago, and by age 10 I was also rambling quite a bit farther from home than 600 yards.

I'm here to write this, so I survived just fine.

According to one news story, the cops enticed the kids into the back of a squad car by offering them a ride home - I think from now on, those kids will run like heck if they're ever approached by a cop.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain