Author Topic: Stinkfoot!  (Read 6946 times)

grampster

• friend
Re: Stinkfoot!
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2015, 12:23:24 PM »
Embrace the Funk.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2015, 12:56:52 PM »
Speaking of Da Funk -

Is there an update on how things stand?

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2015, 12:58:39 PM »
You could try rubbing them down with a roadkilled skunk to mask the odor.

Fill them with chicken curry, seal them in a black trash bag and set them in the sun for 5-7 days.  Foot stink will never resurface.

Bake at 475F for 16 hours.

Donate them to a liberal organization.

Tie the laces together and throw them over a power line.

Put them in the night drop at your least favorite bank or utility company...preferably right at the start of a summer holiday weekend.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2015, 01:30:07 PM »
Speaking of Da Funk -

Is there an update on how things stand?

I put them in the freezer.  (I don't think it will do any good, but it will keep them from getting worse)  Gonna soak them (a good long soak) in a disinfectant soon.
"It's good, though..."

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2015, 04:43:35 PM »
I put them in the freezer.  (I don't think it will do any good, but it will keep them from getting worse)  Gonna soak them (a good long soak) in a disinfectant soon.

I am never eating your ice cream.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2015, 12:53:25 PM »
I hung (hanged?) the shoes from a ceiling joist in my garage all summer.  That seems to have done the trick; I've started wearing them again for the winter and the funk hasn't come back.
"It's good, though..."

brimic

• friends
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2015, 01:00:47 PM »
I hung (hanged?) the shoes from a ceiling joist in my garage all summer.  That seems to have done the trick; I've started wearing them again for the winter and the funk hasn't come back.

Good to know.
Next year I might not have to burn my son's football cleats at the end of the season.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2015, 02:08:57 PM »
Caught my older twin daughters wearing shoes without socks recently, shoes making entire rooms uninhabitable etc.

Finally settled on a cleaning spray bottle filled with 91-95% isopropyl alcohol, and soaked the insides down liberally, and any outside exposed cloth that could absorb the alcohol too, and let them evaporate dry overnight.  First day cut down the odor by about 90%. Made them wear socks, checked their feet in the morning before school, and then one more application the next night did the trick.
I promise not to duck.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2015, 06:33:13 PM »
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2015, 06:52:30 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF_zaRIPFpw

It seems I am in the wrong country to enjoy this.  :(

bob

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2015, 07:00:58 PM »
It seems I am in the wrong country to enjoy this.  :(

bob

https://www.hidemyass.com/proxy
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2015, 05:21:58 AM »

I only recently started having a problem with shoe and household slipper odors.  I've been using Febreze.  So far it seems to work.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2015, 11:10:10 AM »
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2015, 01:15:46 PM »

I only recently started having a problem with shoe and household slipper odors.  I've been using Febreze.  So far it seems to work.

Febreze will eventually get gummy and sticky if you apply it too much, too often.

We had some furnishings that were just nasty from pets and toddlers etc. and Febrezed until the odors were contained, but then it was sticky/filmy after that.
I promise not to duck.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2015, 02:58:13 PM »
Febreze will eventually get gummy and sticky if you apply it too much, too often.

We had some furnishings that were just nasty from pets and toddlers etc. and Febrezed until the odors were contained, but then it was sticky/filmy after that.

When my wife got my winter coat out of storage, it smelled like dog.  I didn't notice until I'd worn it a bit and it warmed up.  :P  Was going to take it to a cleaners, and wife says, "try this first", a wrinkle-release spray; I think it was Downy brand but not sure.  She sprayed the lining with it and hung it up to dry while I showered, etc for work.  Half hour later the smell was gone, mostly.  And it didn't come back when I wore it.  The smell continued to fade and is gone now.
"It's good, though..."