Author Topic: Two dead at Muhammed art exhibit in Texas  (Read 25908 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Re: Two dead at Muhammed art exhibit in Texas
« Reply #75 on: May 06, 2015, 04:25:52 PM »

I know. Sometimes I'm ashamed and embarrassed by my home state.
Why?  Was the off duty cop some mercenary from a foreign country? 

The only part that bugs me is holding the whole thing behind a 30.06 sign which means no CHL for proven law abiding citizens. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

brimic

• friends
« Reply #76 on: May 06, 2015, 04:31:00 PM »

The only part that bugs me is holding the whole thing behind a 30.06 sign which means no CHL for proven law abiding citizens. 

There's probably a lot more to the story than we are allowed to see.

If you are going to troll for a terrorist attack, it probably makes sense to have police on hand to do any necessary shooting versus opening guests or your own organization to liability. I'm betting this was all hashed out by lawyers ahead of time.

"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #77 on: May 06, 2015, 04:41:46 PM »

No. Ashamed of folks claiming this was a 2a victory from Texas
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Hutch

• friend
Re: Two dead at Muhammed art exhibit in Texas
« Reply #78 on: May 06, 2015, 05:42:07 PM »
My lasting impression will be of the good guy, armed with a Glock21, engaged two rifle-wielding bad guys, and won the fight decisively without getting shot his own self.  Whoever the good guy is, his money is no good at the bar if I'm in town.
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

brimic

• friends

Barack Obama

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
« Reply #80 on: May 06, 2015, 05:49:06 PM »
My lasting impression will be of the good guy, armed with a Glock21, engaged two rifle-wielding bad guys, and won the fight decisively without getting shot his own self.  Whoever the good guy is, his money is no good at the bar if I'm in town.

Agreed
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
« Reply #81 on: May 06, 2015, 05:50:50 PM »
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/isis-appears-threaten-pamela-geller-claims-militants-article-1.2211913

I will defend her right to free speech all day long. But you poke a rattlesnake, don't bitch when you get nailed.

Abraham Lincoln

brimic

• friends
« Reply #82 on: May 06, 2015, 06:10:11 PM »
I will defend her right to free speech all day long. But you poke a rattlesnake, don't bitch when you get nailed.
Really? So you are ok with rattlesnakes living in our society acting like rattlesnakes?

Barack Obama

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #83 on: May 06, 2015, 06:36:49 PM »
I KNEW ELTON SIMPSON: MY JIHADIST FRIEND

My g*d is a mighty and powerful g*d who is afraid that if his followers so much as look at another g*d they will give up my g*d and become adherents of that other g*d.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #84 on: May 06, 2015, 06:42:38 PM »

That is an asinine thing to say, and you should feel stupid every time you remember having said it. How pathetic.

In case you've been living under a rock for the past decade or so, the weird beards have told us that we will not display any depiction of their "prophet." They have murdered several people for failing to obey their whim. They have cowed major media organizations on this point. How embarrassing. Our response to the Charlie Hebdo massacre, and other murders, should be to put up depictions of Mohammed all over the place, just to demonstrate that we won't put up with threats.*

Whatever anyone thinks of Pam Geller for anything else she's said or done, the fact that she put on this event, and lured two terrorists to their sudden deaths is nothing short of magnificent.

*I once argued that going out of one's way to offend people of a different religion should be avoided. I still feel this way. But murdering people for breaking some silly rule of a foreign religion is a game-changer.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
« Reply #85 on: May 06, 2015, 06:52:19 PM »

That is an asinine thing to say, and you should feel stupid every time you remember having said it. How pathetic.

In case you've been living under a rock for the past decade or so, the weird beards have told us that we will not display any depiction of their "prophet." They have murdered several people for failing to obey their whim. They have cowed major media organizations on this point. How embarrassing. Our response to the Charlie Hebdo massacre, and other murders, should be to put up depictions of Mohammed all over the place, just to demonstrate that we won't put up with threats.*

Whatever anyone thinks of Pam Geller for anything else she's said or done, the fact that she put on this event, and lured two terrorists to their sudden deaths is nothing short of magnificent.

*I once argued that going out of one's way to offend people of a different religion should be avoided. I still feel this way. But murdering people for breaking some silly rule of a foreign religion is a game-changer.

Um no. This woman is an idiot. She put people in danger, why who knows (PR stunt). When one knowingly does something stupid and gets hurt, I don't care one *expletive deleted*it.

Abraham Lincoln

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #86 on: May 06, 2015, 06:56:56 PM »
LEOSA circumvents the 2nd. 

No, it does not. An off-duty cop has the same 2A right to carry a gun that you do. The fact that Texas requires folk to have permission slips to carry guns does not mean that those with permission slips aren't exercising their rights. It just means that folk without permission slips are not allowed to exercise their God-given right. (Which is a shame.)

Just from some quick Googling, it looks like the cop was on duty, I guess. So, OK, no second amendment at work then.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 11:15:54 PM by fistful »

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #87 on: May 06, 2015, 07:02:08 PM »

Um no. This woman is an idiot. She put people in danger, why who knows (PR stunt). When one knowingly does something stupid and gets hurt, I don't care one *expletive deleted*it.

Pathetic again.  :facepalm:  You've got to be putting us on, here. Bravely facing danger was the whole reason for the event, and God bless them for doing it. If you think Pam Geller and company weren't fully aware they were putting their own necks on the line, then you would be the idiot. Not because I'm trying to insult you, but because it really would be idiotic to think that.

The blame is to be placed on the people who decided to get all murderous, just because some people were drawing someone.

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
« Reply #88 on: May 06, 2015, 09:22:51 PM »
I know I should not be surprised, but the number of folks here that are 'down' with giving up freedom of speech, and are ok with surrendering their freedom to a bunch of muslim murdering terrorists is, well, surprising.
Trust me, dhimmi status is NOT something I will ever accept, nor will I ever bow to the desires of medieval thugs who kill out of pleasure, and in the name of their stupid religion.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #89 on: May 06, 2015, 09:40:14 PM »
Quote from: fistful
In case you've been living under a rock for the past decade or so, the weird beards have told us that we will not display any depiction of their "prophet." They have murdered several people for failing to obey their whim. They have cowed major media organizations on this point.
I've seen this story reported on several news stations, NOT ONE OF WHICH showed ANY of the cartoons depicting Mohammed from the contest. And yet, EVERY ONE of these in the past has shown images of Piss Christ (a crucifix submerged in urine) or a painting of a Madonna spattered with dung.

And of course, newspapers that won't even include a picture of what the controversy is about and pontificate about "images calculated to offend" all gleefully run political cartoons showing (for example) George W. Bush as a deformed little monkey boy - and worse.

Kudos to Pamela Geller for helping to show just what these crazies are really like - and she's to be commended for asserting that despite the vile things said about her, the threats, fatwas and condemnations, there are no mere WORDS that can make her commit murder - unlike some of her critics.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #90 on: May 06, 2015, 10:09:36 PM »
I've seen this story reported on several news stations, NOT ONE OF WHICH showed ANY of the cartoons depicting Mohammed from the contest. And yet, EVERY ONE of these in the past has shown images of Piss Christ (a crucifix submerged in urine) or a painting of a Madonna spattered with dung.

I saw that the artist of the winning cartoon has been asked to appear on most of the MSM outlets, but has told them he refuses to be interviewed unless they show his cartoon as part of the segment. Good for him I say.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

brimic

• friends
« Reply #91 on: May 06, 2015, 11:07:34 PM »

Epic post is epic.

Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #92 on: May 06, 2015, 11:21:38 PM »
I saw that the artist of the winning cartoon has been asked to appear on most of the MSM outlets, but has told them he refuses to be interviewed unless they show his cartoon as part of the segment. Good for him I say.

Indeed.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #93 on: May 07, 2015, 09:02:43 AM »

Nope.  Jihadis put people in danger by wanting to kill over drawings, images, religion and words.

JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #94 on: May 07, 2015, 09:41:44 AM »
I know I should not be surprised, but the number of folks here that are 'down' with giving up freedom of speech, and are ok with surrendering their freedom to a bunch of muslim murdering terrorists is, well, surprising.
Trust me, dhimmi status is NOT something I will ever accept, nor will I ever bow to the desires of medieval thugs who kill out of pleasure, and in the name of their stupid religion.

Next, I suspect they'll be promoting standards of female dress that even Pentecostals would feel cramped by, because anything else is inviting rape.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #95 on: May 07, 2015, 10:02:27 AM »
I thought I was going to reply to Battle Monkey, but fistful and others did a fine job of it. 

Everyone who hasn't been living under a rock knew this event would tick off Jihadist.  Anyone going to this event did so with the knowledge that someone might try to attack.  That is what the extra security was there for.  If a local event was held, I would go also.  I wouldn't care about the art, but the 1st Amendment should be defended by the 2nd Amendment.  It is what the 2nd Amendment is for.  You might say the guy was a cop so it wasn't 2nd Amendment, but he took out the terrorist with a pistol that I carry sometimes myself.  It shows that an alert and armed citizen can defeat the terrorist who want to subjugate us.  There is a risk for a certainty, but there is risk everytime you cross the road or drive down the street.  We should not seek peace with these terrorists by bowing to their demands.  Surrendering to the demands of tyrants will lead only to tyranny. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #96 on: May 07, 2015, 10:30:38 AM »
Jamis, I thought the shooter was off-duty. If so, the Second would seem to apply.

Off-duty cops still get to carry when/where ordinary citizens can't thanks to the LEOSA. That said, I believe this particular off-duty officer was working as paid event security.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #97 on: May 07, 2015, 11:25:59 AM »
Even if the 2nd doesn't apply, it sounds like it could still be used as another example of good guy with gun stops would be terrorist.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #98 on: May 07, 2015, 01:50:21 PM »
Even if the 2nd doesn't apply, it sounds like it could still be used as another example of good guy with gun stops would be terrorist.
Exactly.  He was not using some LEO only weapon.  It was a pistol.  I have carried my Glock 21 concealed a number of times.  I have heard before people dump on the idea that my little concealed carry pistol is no match for AK47 wielding terrorists.  Not necessarily. 

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #99 on: May 07, 2015, 02:10:59 PM »
I've had all sorts of thoughts about this. My first reaction was to question her sanity. But then I reminded myself that she has a right to do this, and if the jihadists can frighten people into not saying or writing or creating images of certain things, then we have no rights. There are cities in Europe with Muslim enclaves where Sharia law supersedes any government laws simply because the politicians are afraid.

Any place in the US is at risk of a terrorist attack. The woman increased her odds of being attacked but, as has been pointed out, condemning her for that is like saying that a woman dressed a certain way provoked a rape. Were the organizers of the Boston Marathon provoking jihadists?