Author Topic: Kansas GOP boldly standing for the free market and small .gov  (Read 894 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Hahahaha, just kidding.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/uber-leaving-kansas-regulations-set-30829988

Republican Rep. Scott Schwab from Olathe, who led earlier negotiations with Uber and was one of the most outspoken lawmakers in favor of the override, said that the company "showed all along they don't understand the Kansas process," and he was indifferent if they stayed or left the state.

By "the Kansas process" he of course means "bribing Kansas Republicans."
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Kansas GOP boldly standing for the free market and small .gov
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 12:25:41 AM »
I think Balog is a pretty cool guy. Eh makes fun of GOP and doesn’t afraid of anything.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2015, 01:34:35 AM »
I think Balog is a pretty cool guy. Eh makes fun of GOP and doesn’t afraid of anything.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2015, 09:19:12 AM »
The measure requires drivers for ride-hailing companies to undergo background checks through the Kansas Bureau of Investigation and hold additional auto insurance coverage for the period in which they have turned on the mobile app that connects them to riders.

From what I understand, Uber already does this and most people's auto insurance would charge a different rate for driving commercially.  I wonder how much additional insurance is required? 

Not sure about the KBI background checks.  I wonder if that is consistent with other regulations in the state.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2015, 09:23:37 AM »
Several lawmakers have expressed displeasure with Uber's lobbying tactics, which included posting buttons on its app and blog in April for users to click that sent a barrage of emails to every Kansas legislator, temporarily incapacitating the Legislature's email server.

I would be very surprised if Uber is the only one to ever do this.  There is more to it.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2015, 09:36:13 AM »
Skimming throught the summary of the legislation, I am not seeing anything that is more than what I heard Uber does already so I am not sure what the disagreement is.  I couldn't missed something though.