Author Topic: Some folks can not take a hint to just calm down  (Read 19345 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Some folks can not take a hint to just calm down
« Reply #75 on: May 14, 2015, 06:07:56 PM »
Martin was into violence, drugs, and theft.  He hadn't gotten to the level of Michael Brown yet (that we know of).  Zimmerman is obviously a screwup, but not much more than that, and he is much older giving us a longer track record. 

Yes. Reality answers De Selby's question for him.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #76 on: May 15, 2015, 09:59:24 AM »
I think we're just being trolled.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

DustinD

• I have a title
  • friends
  • I have a personal text message
« Reply #77 on: May 16, 2015, 07:57:20 PM »
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/05/dean-weingarten/confirmed-zimmerman-shooting-apparent-assassination-attempt

It turns out the guy who shot at Zimmerman has been stalking Zimmerman for a while, and that he has engaged in road rage antics against other people that he mistakenly thought were Zimmerman.

"I don't always shoot defenceless women in the face, but when I do, I prefer H-S Precision.

Stay bloodthirsty, my friends."

- Lon Horiuchi

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #78 on: May 16, 2015, 08:18:56 PM »
A certain blog is saying he survived an assassination attempt.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #79 on: May 16, 2015, 08:42:41 PM »
Ooooo....where's our esteemed litigator now?
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #80 on: May 16, 2015, 09:16:56 PM »
I think we're just being trolled.
Some of the comments are consistent with past opinions I think.....unless that was trolling also.  I guess that has happened before (global warming).  

The tendency to follow main stream media opinions doggedly, refusal to admit initial opinions are incorrect, and the tendency to empathize with criminals or traditionally downtrodden groups despite facts to the contrary is not uncommon on the left.....or with some others.  Not sure if he is doing all or some of that or none, but I don't really care either.

I guess no one wants to admit they were mistaken.  IMO, it is a mistake to treat online discussions as a competition.  For me at least, it is not the best way to approach it.  

Much more fun to lust after a new handgun.  http://stiguns.com/guns/tactical-ds/
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #81 on: May 16, 2015, 09:26:51 PM »
A certain blog is saying he survived an assassination attempt.
This gets to my feeling about putting yourself in his shoes.  Once the media demonizes you, there are far too many who will hold that same bad opinion of you for a long time.  A few are nuts like this shooter.  If you have a recognizable face like him, you are going to catch crap one way or another for a long time. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #82 on: May 16, 2015, 10:07:50 PM »
Some of the comments are consistent with past opinions I think.....unless that was trolling also.  I guess that has happened before (global warming).  

The tendency to follow main stream media opinions doggedly, refusal to admit initial opinions are incorrect, and the tendency to empathize with criminals or traditionally downtrodden groups despite facts to the contrary is not uncommon on the left.....or with some others.  Not sure if he is doing all or some of that or none, but I don't really care either.

I guess no one wants to admit they were mistaken.  IMO, it is a mistake to treat online discussions as a competition.  For me at least, it is not the best way to approach it.  

Much more fun to lust after a new handgun.  http://stiguns.com/guns/tactical-ds/

*shrugs*  I've only go the past month to go on.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #83 on: May 16, 2015, 11:34:10 PM »
Who?  Martin had less of an assault/confrontation record than Zimmerman, who nearly got dead a few days ago.

Zimmerman worship is the gun owning, right wing version of the rev Al and his coalition.

Are you "cereal" (I love talking like a hipster when I'm online :-*

Lets take a look at the original Zimmerman thread, shall we??
It was started by an erudite, handsome and intelligent member of the "vast right wing conspiracy"..... :old:

http://www.armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=33872.0
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #84 on: May 17, 2015, 12:12:05 AM »
Ooooo....where's our esteemed litigator now?

Right here, noting that the charged one is claiming self defense (his opposite is still alive, which will make things a bit dicey.). So much for backing ccw types who were just "following" other people.

You could believe it's just by accident that Zimmerman is surrounded by these confrontations purely by chance.  Again, the track record says otherwise.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #85 on: May 17, 2015, 03:22:25 AM »
naw, while I can't speak for the majority because I have been absent lately and I lack consent anyway - it seems to me "we" don't back anyone until the facts are in . Most of always seem to say Mr Zimmerman is the producer of his own unhappiness by "playing stupid games and winning stupid prizes"
If it seems as if we "always" back LTC's its because, statistically a person with a license to carry  in general is less likely to pursue criminal activity - even Zimmerman in his neighborhood avenger days was not in actual violation of law, friggin dumb maybe . but not violating the law.

I find that the fine ladies and gentlemen here in our little hideaway from the insensitivity of facebook and vulgar youtube comments are generally very fair in our analysis of most legal self defense situations
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Re: Some folks can not take a hint to just calm down
« Reply #86 on: May 17, 2015, 08:12:55 AM »
You could believe it's just by accident that Zimmerman is surrounded by these confrontations purely by chance.  Again, the track record says otherwise.

I could, but that would be unlikely.

It's far easier to believe that liberal "do gooders" have painted him as a racist who gunned down a poor black child who was just a scared little boy and that has led to stalkers like this one trying to kill him to get justice.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #87 on: May 17, 2015, 11:55:32 AM »
Again, the track record says otherwise.
The track record of domestic violence issues leads to road rage confrontations?  I am not following you on that. 

In this case, the information so far seems to point to a stalker type person repeatedly confronting Zimmerman and finally shooting at him.  I am not seeing anything that points elsewhere.  We will see if something else pops up.

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #88 on: May 17, 2015, 01:24:10 PM »
I doubt Deselby means this but Zimmerman is reaping what he sows - its true that domestic violence does not mean you will automatically get violent stalkers.
I've had stalkers and I will never be capable of domestic violence   - we all have our faults but that's never been one of mine .
However all Zimmermans trouble are his own fault.
I don't know him personally but I wish I did so that I could point him in the right direction to change his life.
As A Man Thinketh, by James Allen is where I would tell him to start.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #89 on: May 17, 2015, 04:52:41 PM »
I doubt Deselby means this but Zimmerman is reaping what he sows - its true that domestic violence does not mean you will automatically get violent stalkers.
I've had stalkers and I will never be capable of domestic violence   - we all have our faults but that's never been one of mine .
However all Zimmermans trouble are his own fault.
I don't know him personally but I wish I did so that I could point him in the right direction to change his life.
As A Man Thinketh, by James Allen is where I would tell him to start.
I agree on the domestic violence issues, but the stalker wasn't harassing him for that.  On the whole Martin shooting, he wasn't doing anything out of the ordinary for a roving neighborhood watch....so I don't really follow your train of thought.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #90 on: May 17, 2015, 08:19:17 PM »
I agree on the domestic violence issues, but the stalker wasn't harassing him for that.  On the whole Martin shooting, he wasn't doing anything out of the ordinary for a roving neighborhood watch....so I don't really follow your train of thought.

How do we know the guy was a stalker, and not just another of the numerous people who's been involved in a 911 call with George Zimmerman?
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Re: Some folks can not take a hint to just calm down
« Reply #91 on: May 17, 2015, 09:53:17 PM »
How do we know the guy was a stalker, and not just another of the numerous people who's been involved in a 911 call with George Zimmerman?
Define numerous, please.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #92 on: May 17, 2015, 10:09:18 PM »
This statement was made in some of the articles.  Some of what I saw was the lawyer talking, but the cops said he made this statement.
A police report revealed Apperson said 'I hope I got him this time', after the road rage incident.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3084625/Man-shot-George-Zimmerman-looks-somber-court-ordered-turn-weapons-avoid-contact-former-neighborhood-watch-volunteer.html#ixzz3aS3vUGYU
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

"After conducting numerous interviews throughout the week, detectives determined that Mr. Apperson did intentionally fire his weapon into the vehicle occupied by George Zimmerman without provocation," Gillett said in a statement.
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/trayvon-martin-george-zimmerman/os-matthew-apperson-arrested-george-zimmerman-20150515-story.html

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #93 on: May 17, 2015, 10:10:10 PM »

"Correlation does not equate to causation."
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #94 on: May 17, 2015, 10:25:09 PM »
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/trayvon-martin-george-zimmerman/os-matthew-apperson-arrested-george-zimmerman-20150515-story.html
This article summarizes the story of each person a bit.  Since Apperson is the one who fired, we only know for sure that he pointed his gun at Zimmerman and fired.  Everything else is conflicting stories unless the cops have other witnesses or video.  (if I had someone harassing me on the road, I would be buying cameras immediately)

I wasn't sure if the shot occured at a stop light or moving.  I was assuming moving, but I don't see anything that confirms that.  
After Monday's incident, Apperson told police that Zimmerman pointed a gun at him and said, "I'm going to kill you," a police report shows.

Apperson said that's why he fired one shot into the car, according to the police report. He would not answer more questions.

On Wednesday, Zimmerman told a much different version of the story. Zimmerman told police that he was making a U-turn on West Lake Mary Boulevard when Apperson drove up behind him and yelled, "You remember me, you fat [expletive]?" through his open passenger's side window.

Zimmerman told police he did not recognize Apperson, according to a police report.

Zimmerman claimed Apperson kept yelling at him: "You owe me your life. The only reason I didn't press charges on you is because I wanted to kill you myself."

Zimmerman told police he laughed at Apperson and called him a "clown."

According to Zimmerman, he made the U-turn and tried to drive away, but Apperson pulled up next to him and fired.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #95 on: May 17, 2015, 10:28:23 PM »
From what I have read of the "domestic violence" issues, no one was actually injured.  Some property destruction was mentioned in one case (throwing a win bottle), but no charges were ever filed in any of the cases.  The two girlfriends declined to pursue charges and the one with the wife was a claim made during divorce.  I am not sure that is a big "track record" to hang your hat on. 

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #96 on: May 17, 2015, 10:34:26 PM »
With all the accusations that have been leveled at Mr. Zimmerman, there's a pretty good chance he kidnapped the Lindbergh baby.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #97 on: May 17, 2015, 10:34:35 PM »
The shooter is claiming self defense, but unless there are other witnesses or evidence, I don't see how that will stand up.  Since Zimmerman's heavily tinted window was obviously rolled up at the time of the shot, I think it will be hard to prove the claim that Zimmerman threatened him with his gun.

The Daily Mail article I posted above has a bunch of pictures.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #98 on: May 17, 2015, 11:46:48 PM »
With all the accusations that have been leveled at Mr. Zimmerman, there's a pretty good chance he kidnapped the Lindbergh baby.

Where was Zimmerman on November 22, 1963?  >:D
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re:
« Reply #99 on: May 18, 2015, 02:51:09 AM »
In the alleged domestic violence involving his wife when her dad was there the video evidence proves the wife a  liar
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I