Author Topic: Kerry & the Troops  (Read 30709 times)

lumpy

Re: Kerry & the Troops
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2006, 09:48:26 AM »
Are things so bad for the right that instead of talking about the issues that we need to focus on a guy that isn't running, is a loser, and screwed up an already lame joke that was obviously about Bush?
"I have tried to talk about the issues in this campaign... and this has sometimes been a lonely road, because I never meet anybody coming the other way."
Adlai E. Stevenson

Ezekiel

• friend
  • Intellectual Masturbationist
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2006, 09:51:10 AM »
In a word, "yes."  Sad
Zeke

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2006, 09:56:24 AM »
I do believe Ezekiel embodies the attitudes, if not the status, of the elites mentioned in the first post.

Toss in a bit of ignorance and you get Ezekiel's posts.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2006, 09:58:24 AM »
I don't think I'd last too long: something about disobeying direct orders and instructing "leadership" to shove it up their rear echelon.
Thank you for clarifying that you are too self-centered and arrogant to be of use in the military.  Aren't you the one looking for some kind of cushy local government sinecure?  That should suit you.

If you were interested in reasonable debate, I could further add that your view of the military as a dead-end job is factually incorrect.  Like any other job, many just use it as a stepping stone to a situation more to their liking.  But nevermind.  
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2006, 10:00:13 AM »
an already lame joke that was obviously about Bush?
  How does Kerry's Kool-Aid taste?  I honestly didn't believe anybody would fall for that idiocy. 

lumpy

« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2006, 10:00:37 AM »
And how do a few losers impeach the respectability of those for whom military service has always been their ambition?

Actually the text book has been in production for the past 4 years. the authors... Bush, Cheney and Rumsfield.

Maybe you haven't looked at the 'respect' our leaders have shown the VA lately?

Our heros in service joined to fight to protect their country, how does being in Iraq respect that?
"I have tried to talk about the issues in this campaign... and this has sometimes been a lonely road, because I never meet anybody coming the other way."
Adlai E. Stevenson

lumpy

« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2006, 10:03:41 AM »
  How does Kerry's Kool-Aid taste?  I honestly didn't believe anybody would fall for that idiocy.

See what I mean, focusing on Kerry is a great way to avoid discussing the issues that got neocons in the position they are in.
Adlai E. Stevenson

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2006, 10:08:44 AM »
Congratulations, Lumpy.  You fooled me.  It took me a second to realize that even YOU don't really believe it was "obvious Bush joke."

So, are you going to keep being distracted, or are you going to start a thread on the Iraq war, the VA, etc.?  Why are you in this thread, anyway?

lumpy

« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2006, 10:12:41 AM »
Sorry to interupt your hatefest... but it strikes me that the majority of the bush supporters here are drinking the koolaid that keeps the focus on non-issues and of the real ones. it seems to me that my pointing out the obvious about this Kerry nonsense is on topic here.

if you have an issue with my post please report me.
Adlai E. Stevenson

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2006, 10:16:20 AM »
Ok, Blackburn.  Speaking of black, I like your avatar.  Did you see my thread on black animals at the Humane Society? 

Now, back to the hatred.  Where was I?

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2006, 10:24:25 AM »
Sorry to interupt your hatefest... but it strikes me that the majority of the bush supporters here are drinking the koolaid that keeps the focus on non-issues and of the real ones. it seems to me that my pointing out the obvious about this Kerry nonsense is on topic here.

if you have an issue with my post please report me.

Yes, we are all mindless Bush supporters with no free will.
Welcome back, Blackburn.  We missed you. OK, so we didnt.
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

lumpy

« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2006, 10:35:21 AM »
ok...if you'd like to think I'm someone else you are quite welcome... frankly I don't care. But that still doesn't change the issue, you focus on this because the neocons are losing on the actual issues. I believe my dog is referred to as brindle, not black... which of course has about as much significance as whatever Kerry has to say about anything.
Adlai E. Stevenson

mfree

• friend
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2006, 10:44:36 AM »
Republican blah blah, democrat blah blah.

Regardless of your political affiliation it's hard to deny that John "F" Kerry is just an elitist, empty headed blowhard.

The Rabbi

• friend
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2006, 10:46:57 AM »
What are the actual issues that "the Neo-cons" (whoever they are) are losing on?  What are they losing?

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2006, 11:01:08 AM »
Well, I don't know, Rabbi, but I can tell you this.  I am NOT going to get sidetracked by this John Kerry non-issue.  No, I am going to keep posting to this thread, which is about John Kerry and chastising people for focusing on John Kerry when they should be talking about important issues of which John Kerry, the subject of this thread, is not one.  And I hate John Kerry and anyone like him.  Grrrr.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2006, 11:18:39 AM »
The Kerry comment is a relevant factor in the upcoming elections and in current politics in general.  It illustrates that Kerry and his ilk harbor a certain animonisty towards the military, an ignorance about the military, and a complete alienation with the public at large.

We're being asked to vote for these sorts of Democrats in the upcoming election.  Doncha think it would be prudent for the voters to know who these people really are?

Lumpy and the Libs are right to try to divert attention away from this Kerry remark.  The remark illustrates just how unsuitable they are to lead the country at this time.  Of course they'd try to divert attention away from that.

lumpy

« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2006, 11:56:11 AM »
What are the actual issues that "the Neo-cons" (whoever they are) are losing on?  What are they losing?

for clarification maybe I should refer to them as faux-republicans.

the war in Iraq, ethics, spending, stem cell research ...

It illustrates that Kerry and his ilk harbor a certain animonisty towards the military, an ignorance about the military, and a complete alienation with the public at large.

First you ignore that I did not support what Kerry said ... nor do I support Kerry, he's a loser and was a weak candidate in 04, but that is pretty much irrelevant. I am a registered independent. but then again that is irrelevant as well.

Ignorance about the Military? hmmm... so, given that you'd vote to support a VP that had 'other priorities'? a president that during a time of war... answered his country's call [we think] in Alabama and Texas? And an admistration that fired the general that suggested that they'd need more troops in Iraq, passed up for promotion the attorney that won the Hamdi case in the Supreme Court, ignored the head of military intelligence that stated that 'no good intelligence ever comes from abusive techniques'

If you need to create strawmen to support your position go ahead it simply makes my point for me.

Again, you folks seem to want to focus on Kerry because he's not running? because he's a loser? because the right loses on the actual issues?

when all else fails, stay the course...
Adlai E. Stevenson

The Rabbi

• friend
« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2006, 12:17:03 PM »

the war in Iraq, ethics, spending, stem cell research ...

Refer to whom as "faux republicans"??

Who is losing ethics?
Who is losing spending?  What does that even mean?
Who is losing stem cell research?  What does that mean?

For clarification try explaining what you mean.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2006, 12:24:03 PM »
Rabbi, don't waste your time. 

I propose a corrolary to Godwin's law:  When neo-cons are brought up, the conversation is usually not worth pursuing further. 

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2006, 12:24:13 PM »
I'm not sure how it is "focusing on a non-issue" to talk about a comment made about public policy, in the public arena, by a public figure who was speaking (and planning on continuing to speak) in support of candidates for an upcoming election.

The fact that other Democrats are chastising him and attempting to distance themselves from his comments can be read as either real moral outrage or political posturing.  Either way, it is not some sort of rabbit trail.  

It is important to make clear whether the candidates Kerry was planning on supporting agree with his position on not just Iraq policy but on the nature of the men and women in uniform.  If they do or do not tells us something about them that voters deserve to know.  The reactions of others who aren't running now but will be in 2 more years, potentially for President, are also deserving of note.

Oh, I apologize if the above is unreadable, I'm one of those failures who left college to volunteer for the Marine Corps 15 years ago.
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2006, 12:27:43 PM »
Listen, sonny...

I never said that you personally supported Kerry. 

Kerry is campaigning for Democrat candidates in the upcoming election, as as such he is their representative to the voters.  He slipped up and revealed what he really thinks about the military and the men and women who risk life and limb to protect the country.  To my knowledge, none of the Democrats he's capaigning for have repudiated his remarkls, so it's safe to say that they agree with Kerry.

These are NOT the people we need in power right now.  Maybe it's safe to give the Democrats some authority when the world is peaceful and safe, but NOT RIGHT NOW!

Yes, given the Democrat's take on the military, on national defense, and on the war on terror, I would absolutely take the Bush Admin. and the Republicans.

As for neo-cons losing on the issues, you couldn't be farther from the truth.  Republicans, (neo-cons and conservatives both) win on the biggest issue of the day:  national defense.  Republicans win on the Iraq war.  Republicans win on the economy, which is outstanging right now BTW.  Republicans win border security.  Republicans win on gun control.  Republicans win on taxes.  Republicans win on national spending (Republican spending is up, but just imagine what it would be if the Democrats were in power...)

One of the prime reasons so many Republicans are in hard races is because the Republican base is peeved with them for not being Republican enough.  The biggest unspoken rule of politics is that you win elections by moving to the right (just look at Bill Clinton in the '90s, and Hillary Clinton in the 2000's - these two really know their stuff).  Well, Republicans forgot that rule, and they've moved to the left in recent years.  Now they're reaping their just deserts. 

But that doesn't invalidate the fact that traditional Republican views are the right views, and are what the country needs and wants.

Keep your blather about strawmans and Buschco tinfoilery and who fired who and why to yourself.  We're interested in substance here, so unless you've got any you should move along.

richyoung

• friend
  • bring a big gun
« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2006, 12:27:50 PM »

the war in Iraq,...

you can't destroy a whole country's military, intelligence, and police forces, no matter how necessary it is to do so, and not spend years building replacements, even in the absence of armed violence on the part of desperate individuals who know hte noose is thier inevitable end, shoul dhte new government get on its feet and hold them accountable for their crimes.

ethics,...

Funny, I thought it was DEMOCRATS that actually have sex with the pages, make millions off of sweetheart land deals, leave woemn to drown in their submerged oldsmobiles... but I'm sure Saint Hillery of hte Cattle Futures miracle will fix all of that as soon as she can find the records, or the statute of limitations runs out, whichever...

spending,...

A fair charge.  i would submit wars are expensive, especially after you gut the military for a "peace dividend".  Plus you gotta be CRAZY to think the tax and spend democraats are now suddenly budget hawks!

stem cell research ...

Plenty of (adult, umbilical cord) stem cell research going on today - without having to chop up little babies to get them, which is the REAL issue - ABORTION, more properly known as "in-uteerine infanticide".

First you ignore that I did not support what Kerry said ... nor do I support Kerry, he's a loser and was a weak candidate in 04, but that is pretty much irrelevant.

...for a loser and weak party....

I am a registered independent. but then again that is irrelevant as well.

As are you, in a two party system.

a president that during a time of war... answered his country's call [we think] in Alabama and Texas?

There is no doubt that George Bush served his country honerably as a fighter pilot - a job that EASILY kills you in peace time, in a Guard unit that could have been mobilized and sent to Vietnam at any time.  Ho wmany pilot's funerals have YOU been to?  Perhaps it would behoove you to KNOW something about a subject before you opine on it.

Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't...

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2006, 12:43:12 PM »
Guys, quit playing Blackburn's game.

To my knowledge, none of the Democrats he's capaigning for have repudiated his remarkls, so it's safe to say that they agree with Kerry.
Go to the Drudge Report and check out the right side of the page.  Quite a few incumbents and candidates are throwing Kerry under the bus. 

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2006, 12:47:06 PM »
Guys, quit playing Blackburn's game.

To my knowledge, none of the Democrats he's capaigning for have repudiated his remarkls, so it's safe to say that they agree with Kerry.
Go to the Drudge Report and check out the right side of the page.  Quite a few incumbents and candidates are throwing Kerry under the bus. 
Ah, so they are.  I stand corrected.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #49 on: November 01, 2006, 12:58:12 PM »
And so does Kerry, whether he likes it or not.

Did you also see Kerry's fake apology?  At least they made him reverse himself, the puke.