Author Topic: Biker gang shootout in Waco  (Read 68827 times)

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Stand_watie

• friend
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: Biker gang shootout in Waco
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2015, 06:52:08 PM »
Wow......what  mess!!    Glad I was in    Alabama when it happened!
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2015, 06:54:52 PM »
I'd sure like to know what gangs were involved and how many gang members vs. everybody else were killed and injured.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2015, 07:29:16 PM »
I'd sure like to know what gangs were involved and how many gang members vs. everybody else were killed and injured.

http://www.wacotrib.com/news/police/update-p-m-officials-say-more-biker-gang-members-headed/article_37addf70-e4e5-505a-98b4-ecbef08a2a87.html

I take everything in the news with a giant shaker of salt, but that article is quoting bandidos and cossacks. It would be really ironic if all/most of the shootings wind up to have been done by law enforcement
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2015, 07:43:18 PM »
The banditos are the real deal.

No innocents according to that last link.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

griz

• friend
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2015, 07:59:42 PM »
Please don't et any of them be CCL holders.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2015, 09:47:15 PM »
The nine killed were all members of biker gangs, he said, as were the 18 people who were taken to hospitals with injuries that include stab and gunshot wounds. Some victims are being treated for both, he said.
The yahoo article says all the dead and injured were gang members.  Hopefully, that doesn't change.

I am curious about the comments on the Twin Peaks Restaurant management not cooperating with police before the incident.  Wonder if the manager or owner belongs to one of the groups.

I wonder how many different gang members will be charged over this.  I have to think the cops around there are looking for any excuse to stop and detain/search any gang member they see.  The article said the FBI and BATFE are involved also.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2015, 12:30:52 AM »
The cop doing the talking on the evening news was trying to make it the restaurant owners fault - (paraphrasing) "We asked them to not let the event happen and they didn't listen to us, now look what happened".

I'm siding with the owners at this time.  There are many reasons they might have wanted to have the event, some of them good, some not.  Either way, it ain't the cops place to tell the owners what kind of event they can have or not.  Cops knew about it in advance, had officers there waiting, just in case.  That's OK by me.  But to try to stop it just because there might be trouble, nope. 

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re:
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2015, 02:43:56 AM »
Bikers spend cash. And there is currently soa syndrome.  Folks see it as a cool thrill to be near the 1 percenter's.
And the thrill seekers spend too.
Things can go bad real fast real bad
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2015, 03:17:48 AM »
even though I liked the sons of anarchy TV show it helped me realize that ... indeed... outlaw bikers are pimps/murderers -
there are a lot of wannabeees and real ones in Reno where I live and I now make it a point to stay away and when I meet people that might admire biker gangs I ask them point plank - "what kind of person would remain silent if they knew a guy had raped/murdered?" a biker gang member even if not guilty of doing that is sworn to protect at least with silence - fellow club members who have.
No decent person could do that.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2015, 06:56:17 AM »
The story I read was that it was a meeting that included several clubs that is meant to keep this *expletive deleted*it from happening.  Here in Oklahoma there is the same deal.  Once a quarter I believe all the clubs meet to go over issues that may have come up.

Curious as to what the fall out of this might be on a larger scale.  From the three main groups involved the Bandidos is the only one here in Oklahoma and they don't run the state.

http://txcocinews.org/

Link to the Texas site.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 07:14:52 AM by wmenorr67 »
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2015, 08:37:04 AM »
This is why I don't like going to CoC meetings.
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2015, 08:39:24 AM »
This is why I don't like going to CoC meetings.

What is CoC?
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2015, 08:41:40 AM »
The story I read was that it was a meeting that included several clubs that is meant to keep this *expletive deleted*it from happening.  Here in Oklahoma there is the same deal.  Once a quarter I believe all the clubs meet to go over issues that may have come up.

Curious as to what the fall out of this might be on a larger scale.  From the three main groups involved the Bandidos is the only one here in Oklahoma and they don't run the state.

http://txcocinews.org/

Link to the Texas site.

The Bandidos don't "run" the state but they have a very significant presence particularly if you add in the "support clubs". And, the  HA have a very quiet but considerable presence in the NE part of the state.

I used to attend the OK COC meetings as a rep for ABATE. Never saw or heard of any issues at the meetings.
http://okcoc.com/members.php

In a "previous life" there were 2 rules that were very important to keep in mind:
Don't bring heat on the patch.
Three can keep a secret if two are dead.  (that one originates with the HA but it's pretty widespread)

What just happened in Waco very definitely brought a hell of a lot of heat on all the clubs involved. I'd be real surprised if the shooting and dying is over. What follows probably wont be nearly so high profile but it's far from over.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2015, 08:45:32 AM »
What is CoC?

confederation of clubs.

Otherwise known as "a bunch of scumbags trying to pretend they're civilized, and give a *expletive deleted*it about anything other than their bullshit allegiance to clubs"

Last one i went to, a fight broke out almost immediately.

I have no idea why CVMA participates, but I won't be anymore
Fitz

---------------
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:

-MicroBalrog

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2015, 09:39:45 AM »
Folks see it as a cool thrill to be near the 1 percenter's.

I've always given outlaw bikers a wide berth. There's just too many psychopaths in their ranks who will start wailing on you for no good reason. And they're not above stealing your bike from you if there's nobody around.

I have had a couple of opportunities to laugh at them, though.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2015, 09:41:31 AM »
confederation of clubs.

Otherwise known as "a bunch of scumbags trying to pretend they're civilized, and give a *expletive deleted*it about anything other than their bullshit allegiance to clubs"

Gotcha, I can see that going downhill in a hurry at a meeting.

Uranus is a gas giant.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2015, 09:44:10 AM »
I've always given outlaw bikers a wide berth. There's just too many psychopaths in their ranks who will start wailing on you for no good reason. And they're not above stealing your bike from you if there's nobody around.

I have had a couple of opportunities to laugh at them, though.

I try to avoid them like the plague. I was on a large organized bicycle ride fundraiser a couple weekends ago and a handful of SOSs showed up at the American Legion we stopped at for refreshments, I was waiting for them to try and start something with all of us bicyclists.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2015, 09:49:59 AM »
I try to avoid them like the plague. I was on a large organized bicycle ride fundraiser a couple weekends ago and a handful of SOSs showed up at the American Legion we stopped at for refreshments, I was waiting for them to try and start something with all of us bicyclists.

SOSs?
Fitz

---------------

-MicroBalrog

HankB

• friend
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2015, 10:03:49 AM »
According to today's paper, every killing and wounding in Waco was in the "good riddance" category - that is, NO innocent bystanders were killed or injured, only motorcycle gang members.  =D

Also said only a few arrests were made so far, but over 50 were "detained" pending investigation.

Gunfire was also exchanged with the local police, but no definitive word on who shot who yet.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Jamisjockey

• friend
JD

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2015, 10:12:13 AM »
confederation of clubs.

The reason the CVMA and other non-1% clubs participate is so that they can fly their colors without hassle.  Try running an event without your state CoC recognizing your club and see what happens.

RKL you're right about the "large" presence of Bandidos in Oklahoma but the Outlaws run the state and the Mongols have a large presence also.

There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2015, 10:14:40 AM »

Uranus is a gas giant.