Author Topic: Biker gang shootout in Waco  (Read 68823 times)

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
Re: Biker gang shootout in Waco
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2015, 10:15:13 AM »
The reason the CVMA and other non-1% clubs participate is so that they can fly their colors without hassle.  Try running an event without your state CoC recognizing your club and see what happens.

RKL you're right about the "large" presence of Bandidos in Oklahoma but the Outlaws run the state and the Mongols have a large presence also.

We didn't participate in VA... and the dominant clubs in the area STILL put out the standard "leave CVMA alone" word.

Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2015, 10:22:36 AM »
They may not have actively participated but I would bet that there was a formal agreement somewhere at sometime to allow you to fly your colors.  Most CoC's don't have issues with the military clubs.  The only issues we had at first was from the Combat Vets and the American Veterans MC saying we would be stealing their members.  Once they were convinced that to be a member of our club you had to have served in the National Guard they were fine with that.

There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2015, 10:24:45 AM »
The reason the CVMA and other non-1% clubs participate is so that they can fly their colors without hassle.  Try running an event without your state CoC recognizing your club and see what happens.

RKL you're right about the "large" presence of Bandidos in Oklahoma but the Outlaws run the state and the Mongols have a large presence also.

So you're pretty much saying the CoC is an extortion racket?
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2015, 01:05:28 PM »

So you're pretty much saying the CoC is an extortion racket?

In not so many words, but the main focus of the CoC in Oklahoma is to pose a unified front when it comes to opposing anti-motorcycle legislation and progressing the lifestyle.  Additionally they hope to prevent *expletive deleted*it like you saw in Waco.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2015, 01:41:33 PM »
What is it about motorcycles that attracts this kind of nonsense? I don't see Corvette owners riding around in gangs, having sartorial arguments, and shooting one another over issues of recruitment.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2015, 01:53:01 PM »
you have a lot more freedom on a bike than you do in a car, I learned to ride in CA where lane splitting is legal/common/
Do that in Florida and people act like you're eating babies  ;/

You can not lane split in a car, you have the ability to do so much more on a bike than you do in car - the only thing that prevents you is "thinking" ...
When control freak lady is in the fast lane making sure to do exactly 5mph below the speed limit a car is often at her mercy - a bike is capable of easily going around her -

The freedom of bikes attracts non conformist - some of whom - like the fine gentlemen on this forum - will simply out maneuver control freak lady and go about our merry way - the criminal non conformist might take the opportunity to mete out some criminal justice to control freak lady if the opportunity arises   
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2015, 02:21:10 PM »
What is it about motorcycles that attracts this kind of nonsense? I don't see Corvette owners riding around in gangs, having sartorial arguments, and shooting one another over issues of recruitment.

BMW owners would, but it's hard to fight with a latte in one hand and a cell phone in the other while driving 80 with one knee on the wheel.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2015, 02:40:03 PM »

Blame the Greatest Generation:

Their origins start at the end of World War Two when some ex-servicemen returning from the war found their civilian lives boring. Small numbers formed groups and headed to the highways on high-powered motorbikes in search of adventure and excitement.

http://www.gangscene.co.nz/gangscene-new-zealand-motorcycle-gangs-omcg.html

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2015, 03:20:53 PM »
A former soldier of mine is heavily involved in the Iron Order MC.   I haven't done much research on them, but it would appear from his postings (and the fact that he's a currently serving Army Officer), that they just like to ride and drink.  Hopefully in that order.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2015, 03:22:10 PM »
I've always wondered this, too.  This stuff all seems weird to me.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2015, 03:26:07 PM »
A former soldier of mine is heavily involved in the Iron Order MC.   I haven't done much research on them, but it would appear from his postings (and the fact that he's a currently serving Army Officer), that they just like to ride and drink.  Hopefully in that order.

The iron order are full of aholes and criminals. The only difference is, they often get away with being aholes and criminals because of their associations.

Most MCs, in my experience, are chock full of scumbags with *expletive deleted*ed up priorities, psychopaths, or wannabe tough guys.

I had a couple of f *expletive deleted*faces from some small 1% support club tell me to take my CVMA vest off once. I told them if they wanted it removed, they'd have to do it. They all talked a big game , but when it came down to it they chickened out.

Later they came at me with 10 guys instead of two. Suddenly they were much more bold.

They STILL didn't do *expletive deleted*it.

anyways, as charby mentioned, most early MCs had their genesis in post-WW2. Not sure when it transitioned into criminal activity...
Fitz

---------------
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:

-MicroBalrog

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2015, 03:33:09 PM »

I've always wondered this, too.  This stuff all seems weird to me.

Most organized criminal gangs are based on some surface commonality. Could be race, could be physical location, could be a common lifestyle. MC's are based on the third option. It's all about tribalism, what denotes your "tribe" is largely irrelevant.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2015, 03:53:10 PM »
Some interesting gun choices among the popo.

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2015, 03:54:29 PM »

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2015, 03:56:11 PM »
Cops must be so excited to finally have an excuse to roll old Bertha here.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2015, 03:57:42 PM »
It is my experience most of you 1% clubs will not harass your military clubs or the faith based clubs.  Now some of their support clubs might try but usually all it takes is for the 1% club to be notified that member(s) of their support clubs are being asshats they will put a stop to it one way or another.

IMHO as other walks of life in the biker community it boils down to respect.  Be smart and you shouldn't have any problems.  The only issues we have seen with our club is that some of our members fly the original 45th Inf Div patch, the Swastika, and some take offense to it.  Once it is explained what it is 99% of the people don't have a problem.

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2015, 04:19:30 PM »
The iron order are full of aholes and criminals. The only difference is, they often get away with being aholes and criminals because of their associations.

Most MCs, in my experience, are chock full of scumbags with *expletive deleted*ed up priorities, psychopaths, or wannabe tough guys.

I had a couple of f *expletive deleted*faces from some small 1% support club tell me to take my CVMA vest off once. I told them if they wanted it removed, they'd have to do it. They all talked a big game , but when it came down to it they chickened out.

Later they came at me with 10 guys instead of two. Suddenly they were much more bold.

They STILL didn't do *expletive deleted*it.

anyways, as charby mentioned, most early MCs had their genesis in post-WW2. Not sure when it transitioned into criminal activity...

I bet this guy might have changed your tune!   :rofl:

-the big guy, not Putin

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2015, 04:24:27 PM »
Actual %1 OMC's are just another gang. No different than Crips/Bloods/La Raza/MS13 etc.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2015, 04:28:33 PM »
I bet this guy might have changed your tune!   :rofl:

-the big guy, not Putin

Putin is 5'7

making that guy built about the same as me.
Fitz

---------------

-MicroBalrog

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2015, 05:02:54 PM »
Cops must be so excited to finally have an excuse to roll old Bertha here.

About the one in a million time it is even justified for them to use.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2015, 05:08:29 PM »
Actual %1 OMC's are just another gang. No different than Crips/Bloods/La Raza/MS13 etc.

From what I've read, the Mongols maintain affiliations with some street gangs in Southern California.  So yeah, no different.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2015, 05:19:15 PM »
From what I've read, the Mongols maintain affiliations with some street gangs in Southern California.  So yeah, no different.

The OMCs are just smart enough to have better PR to generate public sympathy.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2015, 05:24:33 PM »
The OMCs are just smart enough to have better PR to generate public sympathy.

This

"we do XYZ for the community"

Most MCs collect/raise a lot of funds for charities / injured riders.

For the OMCs, it's small potatoes compared to their illicit revenues.
Fitz

---------------

-MicroBalrog

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2015, 05:29:33 PM »
its weird, I started riding and automatically felt camaraderie with other riders - its the same with gun ownership - especially if you're in a liberal anti gun enclave - persecuted minority I guess, looking out for each other ....
once I became a gun owner and got interested in ...say for instance - black rifles or .9mm versus .45acp and methods of concealed carry, tactics for open carry - it turned into a fraternity - because other gun owners understand - its like those silly people who felt the need to ask "why do you need more than one single shot .22LR"

Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."