Author Topic: Homebrew your own morphine  (Read 688 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Homebrew your own morphine
« on: May 18, 2015, 02:46:17 PM »
http://www.cnbc.com/id/102688141

Using a tweaked yeast culture to synthesize opioids.  I can only imagine the carnage if this become widely available.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Homebrew your own morphine
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 02:53:42 PM »
It's a self curing problem

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 03:00:50 PM »
So why does Mary Shelley keep popping into my head while I read that article?
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2015, 05:09:26 PM »

Biohacking is going to have very interesting results in the next couple of decades.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2015, 05:34:50 PM »
should be legal anyway.
you can buy seeds for poppy plants online and grow/manufacture opium type products and people have been doing that and getting addicted - I read an article a long time a go about how .
I say GOOD! I've often wondered where pain meds would come from after society collapses from whatever mess the libruls get us into eventually
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2015, 10:03:27 PM »
*shrug* Science and technology is the ultimate Pandora's box. This box is now open and there is no shutting it, so might as well start figuring out how to live with it.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds