Author Topic: Ramadi Once Again Has Fallen  (Read 2838 times)

wmenorr67

• friend
Ramadi Once Again Has Fallen
« on: May 18, 2015, 10:19:01 AM »
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/05/18/iraqi-premier-dont-abandon-anbar-to-isis/

Curious to see if the Iraqis have the intestinal fortitude to do what it takes to take it back or will we have to sacrifice American lives to do it.

There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
Re: Ramadi Once Again Has Fallen
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 10:21:50 AM »
inb4 "it'll be different this time if we go"
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 11:05:50 AM »
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/05/18/iraqi-premier-dont-abandon-anbar-to-isis/

Curious to see if the Iraqis have the intestinal fortitude to do what it takes to take it back or will we have to sacrifice American lives to do it.

I'll take "Repeat of 2006" for $1000, Alex.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2015, 11:38:12 AM »
This is what happens when you don't actually defeat your enemy, declare "victory", and then abandon your allies in a position they are unable to defend.

I mean, what else could you expect from the Vietnamese Iraqis?
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2015, 11:38:46 AM »
inb4 "it'll be different this time if we go"
But but....something!
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2015, 12:00:12 PM »
I was in Ramadi 05-06. I realized at the time that we were just playing at war, and that all my friends who were dying or getting crippled was for nothing. It was the largest part of why I was so depressed and angry when I got back. All that blood for no good reason.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2015, 12:15:37 PM »
This is what happens when you don't actually defeat your enemy, declare "victory", and then abandon your allies in a position they are unable to defend.

I mean, what else could you expect from the Vietnamese Iraqis?

Heh

Allies
Fitz

---------------
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:

-MicroBalrog

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2015, 12:22:59 PM »
The mistake was thinking they could nation build in the middle east at all.  If they were not willing to just leave after Saddam was taken out, probably should have stayed out and left him there.  Maybe it would have been better to let the neighbors split the place up in the end.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2015, 01:29:08 PM »
My take on it is either the Iraqis ask for us to come in there full bore and leave nothing behind or we say you're on your own.  Airstrikes alone aren't going to be enough. 
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2015, 01:39:39 PM »
My take on it is either the Iraqis ask for us to come in there full bore and leave nothing behind or we say you're on your own.  Airstrikes alone aren't going to be enough. 

Even if they asked,  what's the point? 

They're hosed.  Why waste anymore blood or treasure there?

"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2015, 01:54:09 PM »
Even if they asked,  what's the point? 

They're hosed.  Why waste anymore blood or treasure there?

Well, the Kurds, if nothing else, would benefit from material support to prevent them from being "hosed".
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2015, 03:22:05 PM »
Well, the Kurds, if nothing else, would benefit from material support to prevent them from being "hosed".

Personally, I don't give a *expletive deleted*it who benefits. If we don't benefit, why do it?
Fitz

---------------

-MicroBalrog

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2015, 03:39:43 PM »
They are the only ones it would make sense to support.

We are not willing to go in and lay waste to the area and then pull out.  I don't want our troops tied down as targets in an occupation.  Might as well stay out. 

Can we blockade oil from ISIS people?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2015, 08:44:33 PM »
Rubble the place and then bounce the rubble.  Rubble doesn't make trouble.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2015, 09:39:05 PM »

Not our fight.  We threw the aholes out once,  if they can't capitalize on it,  more fool them. 
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2015, 11:05:36 PM »
I think we should just cordon off Iraq, Iran, Syria, Lebanon, Afghanistan, and maybe a couple of others, and let the natives duke it out among themselves.

I'm inclined to leave the Kurdish areas on the outside of the fence, but I don't know how the Turks would like that.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2015, 02:10:11 PM »
I think we should just cordon off Iraq, Iran, Syria, Lebanon, Afghanistan, and maybe a couple of others, and let the natives duke it out among themselves.

I'm inclined to leave the Kurdish areas on the outside of the fence, but I don't know how the Turks would like that.

IMO- that is exactly what is going to happen- there won't be a cordon though, we will/are import millions of refugees/zealots here. And the fighting will go nuclear asap- the Saudi's have got to get nukes to defend from the now irreversible Iranian nuke program. Egypt , Turkey and a few other states too. We are going to see the mother of all religious wars between the two main sect's of Islam.  Somewhere in the mix is a high likelihood of an "incident" here.

this topic has been discussed a lot recently at "the Belmont Club". Very astute commentary on Geo-political events.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2015, 02:26:46 PM »
I'd never heard of the Belmont Club, but they are indeed worth reading.  Not sure I agree with them, but they're worth reading all the same.