Author Topic: For all you pit bull lovers  (Read 11867 times)

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
Re: For all you pit bull lovers
« Reply #75 on: May 22, 2015, 12:47:39 AM »
Some folks have a strange, unexplainable fear of firearms.

Some, of pit bulls.
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #76 on: May 22, 2015, 12:59:01 AM »
From: http://www.dogsbite.org/dog-bite-statistics-fatalities-2014.php

In the 10-year period from 2005 to 2014, pit bulls killed 203 Americans and accounted for 62% of the total recorded deaths (326). Combined, pit bulls and rottweilers accounted for 74% of these deaths.

From:  http://www.insurancejournal.com/news/national/2012/10/24/267786.htm

The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) noted that deer-vehicle collisions in the U.S. cause about 200 fatalities annually.

Deer kill as many people in one year as Pit Bulls do in ten.  (203/3650 works out to one every 18 days, not even close to "one every day".)

Thanks for playing, but you lose.  [popcorn] [popcorn] [popcorn]
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #77 on: May 22, 2015, 01:04:27 AM »
From: http://www.dogsbite.org/dog-bite-statistics-fatalities-2014.php

From:  http://www.insurancejournal.com/news/national/2012/10/24/267786.htm

Deer kill as many people in one year as Pit Bulls do in ten.

Thanks for playing, but you lose.  [popcorn] [popcorn] [popcorn]

Well now I'm in awe.

Still, I think jim may have a point. I decided to educate myself, by watching some Pit Bull videos. I have to say, I was wrong. That man is a danger to our society, and must be stopped.

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #78 on: May 22, 2015, 01:13:06 AM »
Oh, and from the story in the OP:

In a nation with about 75 million dogs, fatal attacks are rare.

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #79 on: May 22, 2015, 01:27:31 AM »
Oh, and from the story in the OP:

But if we can save ONE PERSON by banning them....
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #80 on: May 22, 2015, 02:28:50 AM »
Scout: what's even funnier is that dogbitesdotorg is the Brady Center of the pit bull world. Funny when even if you cite the most skewed dishonest "statistics" of a rabid anti the problem is insignificant.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #81 on: May 22, 2015, 06:04:44 AM »
Hyperbole? I Posted a link to a pit bull attack. Not hard to find at all. I think I could find one a day if I tried.
Go ahead if you wish to have a contest. Post deaths caused by non pit bulls. I am restricted to pit bulls only and I will win.

Have you not read anybody elses posts since yours? If you had you would of noticed that others have already done just that. I don't think you have though since you seem to pretty much ignore EVERY post where they put out facts and logic.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #82 on: May 22, 2015, 06:11:42 AM »
Sometimes train wrecks are fun to watch.  Other times they can be painful.  This one falls into the painful category.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #83 on: May 22, 2015, 06:32:35 AM »
Well it is for the children.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #84 on: May 22, 2015, 07:35:01 AM »
I don't know what Cluebat means nor do I care. This discussion went off the rails as soon as posters started comparing a animal that kills on it's own with a AR 15.

Also I hate "Meh" Is that even a word? I know all the cool kids use it.

Next time you don't understand what a word refrences, you might try Urban Dictiionary:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cluebat
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #85 on: May 22, 2015, 08:51:36 AM »
Some folks have a strange, unexplainable fear of firearms.

Some, of pit bulls.

Some people can deal with their phobias and go on to lead useful & fulfilling lives.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #86 on: May 22, 2015, 09:18:13 AM »
Some people can deal with their phobias and go on to lead useful & fulfilling lives.
And some people just post opinions on the internet while others seem to think internet posts are life.   =)
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #87 on: May 22, 2015, 10:31:54 AM »
Scout: what's even funnier is that dogbitesdotorg is the Brady Center of the pit bull world. Funny when even if you cite the most skewed dishonest "statistics" of a rabid anti the problem is insignificant.

Which is why I picked them.   ;)

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re:
« Reply #88 on: May 22, 2015, 02:21:57 PM »
Isn't the guy behind that some guy who got bit and has obsessed ever since? We have a guy near here who rear ended a trailer and is on a crusade against all the killer trailers. Apparently being found at fault in accident unhinged him
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #89 on: May 22, 2015, 02:27:49 PM »
I disagree. Pit bulls are bred to kill. Look how massive it's head and jaws are in proportion to it's body. A St Bernard bites me I get punctures. A pit bull can tear [and will]  my leg off.

Late to the party but better now than never.

Had a couple St Bernards try to take my face off.

It's not fun. You ever see the teeth on one of those suckers coming straight at your face? You wouldn't be so flippent about it if you had.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #90 on: May 22, 2015, 02:40:12 PM »
Had a couple St Bernards try to take my face off.

Just put the Pinto in neutral and roll down the hill out of his territory.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #91 on: May 22, 2015, 04:27:59 PM »
Alright. I've skimmed the whole thing.

As the resident professional in the area of canine caretaking, I've some points to make.

1.) All dogs are capable of being aggressive. Some breeds are more prone to developing aggressive behavior due to the origins of their breed purposes. Guardians and Terriors breeds are in this catagroy due to the purpose driven nature of their breeding. Other breeds often include a sharper temperament due to being high strung, high energy or just flat out bad breeding. Breeds like border collie, pointers, setters, other herding breeds, and Siberian huskies can be snappy or snippy simply because their energy wasn't directed into more positive avenues.
Toys are often problematic as well, due to poor owners and really rotten breeding practices. Any breed that has been a "fad" breed is victim to bad genetics perpetuated by jerks out to make a buck. Chows, white German Shepherds and Dalamations (thanks a lot, Disney!) are some examples.
Inbreeding and bad breeding can result in flat out crazy. Never trust an Aussie with a lot of white (and just keep distance from the merles) the flashy coats are popular, and unfortunately, resesive.
There are breeds that I do not trust an inch unless I know the dog and how it was raised. Akitas, Chows and BRTs are the front runners. Pit bulls don't even rate a "meh" on my scale of difficult breeds. Which is not to say I haven't met (and handled!) Pits that made me want to poo poo in my pants, but when a new pit walks in the door, I don't have an "oh, *expletive deleted*it!" moment, like I do with Chows.
The owners really do make the difference, and the smart ones know what their dogs are capable of being, how to interact with their breed of choice and know how to handle it. The idiots with ANY BREED are the ones that make my life hell.
(Oh, Airdales. Add Airdales to my list. Now that's a tough breed)

2.) Fighting pits are raised bad. They are bred from the dogs that have survived fighting, with no regards to genetic lineage. The are not handled beyond a bare minimum (if that) they are caged unless fighting, often they are starved, abused or tortured in an effort to 'make them mean'. The rejects are killed or abandoned. One of the sweetest pits I ever met was tossed for being too sweet. Her only fault was she was hugely kennel aggressive. Without a fence between her an another dog, she was a submissive puddle of love.
Others are not so lucky. They are not safe. They should be destroyed. It's not their fault. You'd be mean as a snake and twice as dangerous, too, if you were raised like that.

Pits raised be good owners are generally good dogs. Pits raised by well meaning idiots are often sweet, but have little to no manners. Many pits are naturally dog aggressive, which, IMHO, is not truly a fault, as long as the owner is aware and makes a point to keep the dog under control.

3.) Someone brought up Dachshunds? Yeah, no, the modern ones (even the toys) still have plenty of that old instinct. They can be pretty snappy. Just FYI, don't walk up to a strange one and stick your hand in it's face. You may not get your hand back. ;)
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #92 on: May 22, 2015, 04:34:54 PM »
Oh, one more thing.

Hands down, without contest, the "worst" breed, IMHO, Jack Russell Terriers. Way too many people get them because "cute! Little! Fun!" and end up with snappy, vicious monsters because they had no clue those little suckers are real, natural born killers.

Please, please, please, for the love of all that is holy, NEVER teach your terrier to play tug of war. Yes, they like it and it's fun. It's all fun and games until they grab something you don't want them to grab (like a small child) and you've got them trained to follow through on their natural instincts to grab, shake and not let go till it's dead.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #93 on: May 22, 2015, 07:34:32 PM »
I remember in the 80's it was Rottweiler's that were ZOMG'd by the press. My dad tells me in the 70's it was Dobermans, and in the 50's it was Shepherds.

True.

I have a friend who was adopted by a stray pit bull maybe 15 years ago. He's retired and spends a lot of time in his garage, tinkering with hot rods. "Lady" is always out there with him. When fellow gearheads drop in, she meanders over for the obligatory pat on the head, then goes back to her bed in the exact geometric center of the action.

On the other hand, when I was a kid we had a female Collie. She had to be locked up wherever anyone came to visit ... Yeah, Lassie was a serious threat. Those movies lied.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #94 on: May 22, 2015, 07:51:06 PM »
True.

I have a friend who was adopted by a stray pit bull maybe 15 years ago. He's retired and spends a lot of time in his garage, tinkering with hot rods. "Lady" is always out there with him. When fellow gearheads drop in, she meanders over for the obligatory pat on the head, then goes back to her bed in the exact geometric center of the action.

On the other hand, when I was a kid we had a female Collie. She had to be locked up wherever anyone came to visit ... Yeah, Lassie was a serious threat. Those movies lied.

Collies are notoriously sharp. We used to have a lot of rough collie customers, mostly grooming. We are down to two regulars, who come for grooming and boarding. Both of them we've handled since they were pups and both have good owners who really have put the time and effort into them.
The others were a mixed bag, in terms of personality, but tended towards standoffish. In general temperment, they are not a crowd pleasing breed. They like their people, and that is that.
It's a herding breed. High energy working dog that has a natural inclination to nip and to be territorial.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #95 on: May 22, 2015, 11:04:30 PM »
my worst bite ever, so far was from a Chihuahua, I walked into my friends house and she wasn't home - I was surrounded by a herd of Chi dawgs - all yapping - one was growling - I looked at is and said really sarcastically "oooooh the leeeetle dawg, ahm soooo skeeeeeeered"
It launched itself on my calf - it hurt and I limped for a month.
Another dog that really hurt I was a Border Collie, its owner was making coffee and I was paying attention to the huge black lab. presa carnario mix - it was so huge and friendly - I looked at the the collie and said "some dogs are really handsome and some aren't, black labs are really handsome"
Border Collie growled - then I said "yo u know what they call border collies? boring collies" with a smirk, a smug smirk.
The border collie got right in my face and nipped my top lip, drawing blood - OUCH!!!

This discussion went off the rails as soon as posters started comparing a animal that kills on it's own with a AR 15.

Grizzly bear males will kill cubs in order to mate with the momma bear- how messed up is that? She will mate with him and he will kill his own species.
sounds like Hollywood [popcorn]
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #96 on: May 23, 2015, 02:09:01 AM »
Please, please, please, for the love of all that is holy, NEVER teach your terrier to play tug of war. Yes, they like it and it's fun. It's all fun and games until they grab something you don't want them to grab (like a small child) and you've got them trained to follow through on their natural instincts to grab, shake and not let go till it's dead.

We played lots of tug of war with our Boston Terriers.  But then, they were trained to only tug on a few toys, nothing else.  Oh, and even in the middle of play:  "Drop it" resulted in the toy being on the floor with the dog looking at your for permission to resume.

Maybe the bulldog heritage helped?

grampster

• friend
« Reply #97 on: May 23, 2015, 04:43:13 PM »
Ummm, I didn't really want to read 4 pages of this stuff, but has anyone mentioned how evil and brutish wiener dogs are? >:D
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #98 on: May 23, 2015, 05:40:17 PM »
Ummm, I didn't really want to read 4 pages of this stuff, but has anyone mentioned how evil and brutish wiener dogs are? >:D

Yes.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #99 on: May 23, 2015, 05:48:36 PM »
I don't know that packing up can lead to issues also.  A dog in a pack might do things they wouldn't do alone.  I don't see many dog deaths from one dog.  It is usually more than two I think.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge