Author Topic: Blaze pink for Wisconsin hunters?  (Read 956 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Blaze pink for Wisconsin hunters?
« on: May 22, 2015, 07:21:01 PM »
http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/lawmakers-to-pitch-making-blaze-pink-the-next-hunting-garb-b99505736z1-304762591.html

A bipartisan group of legislators calling themselves the sportsmen's caucus is preparing to unveil a bill next week that would legalize blaze pink for deer hunters. The group has scheduled a news conference Tuesday at the state Capitol to announce the measure.

Sen. Terry Moulton, a member of the sportsmen's caucus, wrote in a column published in the Dunn County News that the blaze pink bill is designed to encourage women to become hunters and keep them involved in the sport.

The caucus has released no other details on the measure. The bill's lead author, Rep. Nick Milroy, a South Range Democrat, was vacationing in the Boundary Waters on Friday and couldn't be reached for comment, his aide, Mary Lou Keleher, said.

Oh, my!

The phrase "Be sure of your target" will be taking on a whole new meaning. One that I'll bet those legislators pandering to the female vote were not aware of: http://appalachiantrials.com/pink-blazing/

"Hey, Jim! Did you get your doe this season?"
"Dude, that's no way to talk about my new wife!!"

stay safe.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 12:13:18 AM by vaskidmark »
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Blaze pink wor Wisconsin hunters?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 07:57:39 PM »
Wisconsin legislators apparently have not twigged to the fact that a significant percentage of the Caucasian male population suffers from a vision defect called "red-green weak." For those who have it moderately strongly (such as I do), "blaze pink" looks a lot like battleship gray.

There's a reason why orange is the internationally accepted color for safety markings/warnings.

http://www.color-blindness.com/deuteranopia-red-green-color-blindness/

http://www.archimedes-lab.org/colorblindnesstest.html
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Re: Blaze pink for Wisconsin hunters?
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2015, 12:29:28 AM »
Shhhh!

Don't tell them now.  Wait till some new female hunter gets shot/killed by a colorblind person and these maroons are being sued.

Yes, it's going to be a shame that someone has to be shot/killed but this sort of stuff needs better research than "The lady hunters will like wearing pink."

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2015, 05:30:20 PM »
I personally think a blaze dawn fuschia with just a touch of sunset azure would be juuust PERR-fect !  Oooo, oooo,  and with washed-blue piping for the edging and pocket trim.

[barf]
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2015, 05:42:20 PM »
Terry -

Thanks for the accurate and literal comment about scooting that applies to a few of us here.  (You, me, Herohog, and maybe someone else I'm not remembering right now.)

stay safe.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2015, 05:55:26 PM »
Under current state law, no one can hunt anything except waterfowl during a gun deer season unless at least half of each article of clothing worn above the waist, such as jacket or a hat, is colored blaze orange. Violators face a $10 forfeiture.
So when they say the word "legalize", they mean allowing the use of blaze pink instead of orange?  There is nothing stopping use of blaze pink in addition to half orange right?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2015, 05:59:06 PM »
Well, yeah, if you want to be technical about it.

But that does not allow room for the FEELZ, does it?

stay safe.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2015, 06:17:53 PM »
How about chartreuse?  That's the color where human eyes are most sensitive, but would it stand out against natural greens?

OTOH, orange works and there's no need to mess with it.
"It's good, though..."