Author Topic: Red flag laws or what's about to happen to whiskey_warrior_556  (Read 1755 times)

Phyphor

• friend
Red flag laws or what's about to happen to whiskey_warrior_556
« on: November 23, 2019, 10:45:11 PM »
This has made the rounds a bit: https://www.instagram.com/whiskey_warrior_556/tagged/

Apparently, he's been red-flagged for possession of 30 round magazines, but has no firearm, as he states it. 

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23whiskey_warrior_556&src=typed_query&f=live

Seems to be still ongoing at this time.

Not a LOT of information available, but this has the potential to get really ugly.
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Red flag laws or what's about to happen to whiskey_warrior_556
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2019, 11:05:03 PM »
One tweet said he has been taken away in handcuffs, so I don't think it's on-going.

Also, it's New York state. I believe 30-round magazines are illegal in NY, irrespective of whether or not you own a firearm.

We need more details, not more hysteria.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2019, 12:10:09 AM »
Should I know that handle?  I don't recognize it from around here or TFL, nor even any close derivatives.  I don't have Instagram.
"It's good, though..."

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2019, 05:00:49 AM »
Should I know that handle?  I don't recognize it from around here or TFL, nor even any close derivatives.  I don't have Instagram.

No, you shouldn't.  Since the drama played out on social media, people have been referencing this incident by using that Instagram name as the title, not because he is internet famous.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2019, 11:51:41 AM »
So turns out it may be that it was a domestic violence incident, he barricaded himself in a garage and then when it was over no mags or guns were siezed. He tried to make himself a martyr on social media while he was barricaded. At least that’s what the LE agency released.

Who knows the truth
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2019, 12:06:37 PM »
He tried to make himself a martyr on social media while he was barricaded. At least that’s what the LE agency released.

Of course statements from LE and government agents are always to be trusted above all else.
Marginalize the subject, allege various crimes to reduce support, question his metal facilities. His supporters are right wing fringe nut jobs, nothing to see here.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2019, 01:12:30 PM »
Opens the door on a much needed dialogue, regarding Red Flag laws.

I think a public that is likely to respond Bundy-style to Red Flag seizures can be a significant deterrent to their use.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2019, 02:58:04 PM »
Of course statements from LE and government agents are always to be trusted above all else.
Marginalize the subject, allege various crimes to reduce support, question his metal facilities. His supporters are right wing fringe nut jobs, nothing to see here.

Boy, you got that standard operating procedure down pat.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2019, 09:47:06 AM »
I'm late to this one, but he isn't the hill I'd want to die on.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2019, 08:17:07 AM »
Great write-up on the effect of the simmer, and decision matrix bias, and not knowing the full story.

https://www.firearmsunknown.com/blogs/firearms-unknown-blog/the-boogaloo-that-wasnt-controlling-the-narrative/
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

brimic

• friends
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2019, 08:21:26 AM »
It sounds like he was calling for boogaloo because he didn't want to go to jail for his burglarloo

Barack Obama

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2019, 09:25:53 AM »
It sounds like he was calling for boogaloo because he didn't want to go to jail for his burglarloo

The "official police narrative" is now the accepted narrative.
No, we don't really know what happened or what instigated the event but most folks will be comfortable with the official narrative.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2019, 09:37:36 AM »
I have zero idea what is going on here, but a comment in one of the OP links caught my attention:

Alex Booth only seems to be charged with 2nd Degree Burglary, which as our earlier post showed, you can get convicted simply by refusing to exit any dwelling, even your own. Bond set at $10,000.

Burglary for refusing to exit your own dwelling? If true, that sounds a bit 1984/Atlas Shrugged.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

brimic

• friends
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2019, 09:59:20 AM »
I have zero idea what is going on here, but a comment in one of the OP links caught my attention:

Burglary for refusing to exit your own dwelling? If true, that sounds a bit 1984/Atlas Shrugged.

"Booth was wanted on a felony warrant issued by Thomas Jacobellis charging him with second-degree burglary, and several misdemeanors, including criminal trespass, criminal contempt, aggravated harassment and petit larceny."

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/afghan-vets-standoff-with-police-over-red-flag-laws-just-broke-the-internet/

To me, it sounds like the police were serving a warrant, and he made up a story about a 30-rd magazine.

Barack Obama

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2019, 10:23:17 AM »
I've got to wonder if it would have gone down differently if there had been no internet notoriety.

Samuel Adams

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2019, 11:13:58 AM »
Tamara Keel had a link on her FB page with a write up on this event. The commentator's view is that this guy attempted to turn the event into a Second Amendment issue when it was very , very far from that.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.