Author Topic: ISIS publishes Pam Geller's home address, urges followers to kill her  (Read 1527 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
I recall years back when Salman Rushdie had a fatwa issued against him calling for his death.  He was in the UK at the time, and I remember that the British Government provided security for him until he moved to the US in 2000.  I wonder if the US Government does something similar for situations such as this, or are you up the creek if you cannot provide your own security?

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
I admire her bravery at being 'the designated target'.   :P

While I wish for nobody to be a terrorist, I hope any that make that choice, choosing her as a target or not, meet a swift end from a headshot by her, her guards, random police officers, or any civilian willing to defend our freedoms.

Unless they have useful intelligence that can help shut down more cells.  Then a nicely disabling shot followed by long conversations with very attentive individuals.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
I recall years back when Salman Rushdie had a fatwa issued against him calling for his death.  He was in the UK at the time, and I remember that the British Government provided security for him until he moved to the US in 2000.  I wonder if the US Government does something similar for situations such as this, or are you up the creek if you cannot provide your own security?

I would imagine she is up a creek, as you put it.  She is very politically incorrect in the view of the current administration.
Maybe under the Bush regime she might have received some assistance, perhaps something along the lines of intel and briefings for her private security team.
Under this administration, it wouldn't surprise me to see rental cars provided gratis when the bad guys fly into the closest airport.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

dogmush

• friend
So my understanding of the concept of "Terrorisim" is that you use violence against non-military targets to further political goals.

I can only imagine that ISIS's goal here would be to stop Americans from breaking Islamic law (like drawing their prophet).

Given 1 and 2 above I have to say that they REALLY don't understand American psycology if they think threatening a relativly photogenic white girl will do that for them.  If, by some chance, they were to actually succeed in her murder that could go a long way towards making it very difficult in America to be publiclly Muslim.*

We have a pretty storied history of taking attacks personally, and instead of being cowed and terrorized, *expletive deleted*ing *expletive deleted*it up.  Some have even said we, as a country, overreact to this kind of thing.

*note that I'm not saying we should take it out on all muslims that many are barbarians, I'm saying that it's a not-that-unlikley outcome were muslims murdering Americans in America to become anything more than a VERY infrequent event.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
Hope she has a qualified security detail.

If she was smart, she'd move to a rural area of Texas, and charge us rednecks to hunt over bait.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
So my understanding of the concept of "Terrorisim" is that you use violence against non-military targets to further political goals.

I can only imagine that ISIS's goal here would be to stop Americans from breaking Islamic law (like drawing their prophet).

Given 1 and 2 above I have to say that they REALLY don't understand American psycology if they think threatening a relativly photogenic white girl will do that for them.  If, by some chance, they were to actually succeed in her murder that could go a long way towards making it very difficult in America to be publiclly Muslim.*

We have a pretty storied history of taking attacks personally, and instead of being cowed and terrorized, *expletive deleted*ing *expletive deleted*it up.  Some have even said we, as a country, overreact to this kind of thing.

*note that I'm not saying we should take it out on all muslims that many are barbarians, I'm saying that it's a not-that-unlikley outcome were muslims murdering Americans in America to become anything more than a VERY infrequent event.

Then again, have you seen America lately?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Please keep in mind that SCOTUS has ruled five (5) times that the cops have no duty to protect any specific individual.  Sometimes they limited that by saying it applied unless the specific individual could point to a specific individual(s) that were causing an immediate threat.  Other times they said that even under those circumstances there is no duty to protect any specific individual.

https://www.firearmsandliberty.com/kasler-protection.html

I have a feeling that if Pam ran an extension cord out to the driveway for a coffemaker she could have a bunch of folks sitting around in lawn chairs when they were not out walking around her house.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
I have a feeling that if Pam ran an extension cord out to the driveway for a coffemaker she could have a bunch of folks sitting around in lawn chairs when they were not out walking around her house.

stay safe.

She'd markedly increase her chances if she provided doughnuts to go along with the coffee.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Andiron

• friend
Buy/rent a property across the way,  and use it for an OP.  Texans would probably call it a hunting blind though. >:D
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re: ISIS publishes Pam Geller's home address, urges followers to kill her
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2015, 08:14:05 PM »
All she needs to do is issue a press release along the lines of

"my personal security team is looking forward to any and all interactions with jihadists. Our goal is to call them out and eliminate them without prejudice if they initiate violence." 
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Firethorn

• friend
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2015, 11:58:04 AM »
Buy/rent a property across the way,  and use it for an OP.  Texans would probably call it a hunting blind though. >:D

It's like hunting hogs though, all the 'sporting' rules go out the window.  Verify your target and otherwise be safe, beyond that you're good.

agricola

• friend
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2015, 01:05:19 PM »
I would imagine she is up a creek, as you put it.  She is very politically incorrect in the view of the current administration.
Maybe under the Bush regime she might have received some assistance, perhaps something along the lines of intel and briefings for her private security team.
Under this administration, it wouldn't surprise me to see rental cars provided gratis when the bad guys fly into the closest airport.

If someone does go after her, it almost certainly will be someone who is already in the country and who his friends and family will say was a good lad initially, but who fell in with the wrong crowd, committed various crimes, got radicalized and then was prevented from or was too lazy to go to Syria / Somalia / Iraq (delete as appropriate).
"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2015, 02:17:34 PM »
If someone does go after her, it almost certainly will be someone who is already in the country and who his friends and family will say was a good lad initially, but who fell in with the wrong crowd, committed various crimes, got radicalized and then was prevented from or was too lazy to go to Syria / Somalia / Iraq (delete as appropriate).

I figure on local talent, as well.  Just thought they might fly in instead of driving cross country.

Firethorn

• friend
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2015, 04:09:19 PM »
I figure on local talent, as well.  Just thought they might fly in instead of driving cross country.

First, I was trying to remember whether she lived in Texas or Nevada.  wikipedia says her residence is in New York City.  So that limits options.

Then how do they get their (quite possibly illegal) guns and (definitely illegal) explosives there?

Though if somebody goes on a cross-country trip from, say, Texas to NYC(the reverse of what I was originally going to say), I think there's a very good chance they'd end up stopped by the cops long before making it all the way.  Generally on something stupid.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2015, 04:16:32 PM »
First, I was trying to remember whether she lived in Texas or Nevada.  wikipedia says her residence is in New York City.  So that limits options.

Then how do they get their (quite possibly illegal) guns and (definitely illegal) explosives there?

Though if somebody goes on a cross-country trip from, say, Texas to NYC(the reverse of what I was originally going to say), I think there's a very good chance they'd end up stopped by the cops long before making it all the way.  Generally on something stupid.

Irrelevant if the attacker(s) is/are prepared to make a suicide run utilizing a bayonet, hatchet, machete, or automobile, all methods we have seen deployed and/or contemplated recently.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Firethorn

• friend
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2015, 04:34:51 PM »
Irrelevant if the attacker(s) is/are prepared to make a suicide run utilizing a bayonet, hatchet, machete, or automobile, all methods we have seen deployed and/or contemplated recently.

Is such a suicide run going to work when firearms failed to even get into the building?

If she's living in NYC, odds are she's in one of those controlled buildings - IE they'd have to take out the building attendant and very possibly security before so much as reaching her door.

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2015, 04:43:25 PM »
If she's living in NYC, odds are she's in one of those controlled buildings - IE they'd have to take out the building attendant and very possibly security before so much as reaching her door.

Uh...I don't know if you've ever looked over the average "building attendant" or "security guard."  I spent five years in security, and my primary duty in a situation like that would be to run away (so they don't get my keys, not because the company actually cared if I survived) and call the police as soon as the keys were secured.

Firethorn

• friend
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2015, 04:56:20 PM »
Uh...I don't know if you've ever looked over the average "building attendant" or "security guard."  I spent five years in security, and my primary duty in a situation like that would be to run away (so they don't get my keys, not because the company actually cared if I survived) and call the police as soon as the keys were secured.

I didn't mean 'take out' in the 'killed' sense, but 'disabled, get the keys off him to get into the building' sense.  Meanwhile the panic button(hope they have one) has been hit and they're on a timeline before the NYPD piles on enough bodies that they're going down.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2015, 04:57:53 PM »
Is such a suicide run going to work when firearms failed to even get into the building?

!) That was Texas, not NYC (a reference to NYPD's um, "hit and miss" marksmanship).

2) I'm presuming that she exits her home on occasion, as evidenced by my reference to a vehicular attack. If she is completely holed up 24/7 you have a point.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2015, 05:18:42 PM »
I didn't mean 'take out' in the 'killed' sense, but 'disabled, get the keys off him to get into the building' sense.

Either way, you're not likely to be going up against an executive protection detail.  In security, I had two coworkers that I wasn't absolutely certain I could easily overcome in close range combat.  That's out of about 30 guards I worked with over that time.

Also, we're talking about people who don't plan to survive, nor do they care about collateral damage.  They don't have to get into her apartment or get security off their back long enough to line up a shot; just get all the C4 they can carry within whatever its blast radius is and push (or more likely, release) the button.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2015, 08:27:00 PM »
she was on fox news this morning, she could very well be in NYC but I hope not.
NYC has strict gun laws, but it also has a lot of crazy angry people who might relish a fight with jihadi's ...
I'm sure there are quite a bit of folks there wishing they could volunteer ....
its easy to hide in NYC too.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

griz

• friend
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2015, 07:36:44 AM »

Agreed, they are certainly not using the hearts and minds approach.  After Beslan I had the same reaction, "what do they think that will accomplish"?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beslan_school_siege
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2015, 10:42:40 AM »
There is so much foreign "talent" already in the US, I don't know if you can plan either way. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge