Author Topic: Are Democrats Ashamed of being Democrats  (Read 1128 times)

Werewolf

• friend
  • Lead, Follow or Get the HELL out of the WAY!
Are Democrats Ashamed of being Democrats
« on: November 03, 2006, 03:23:59 PM »
Are Democrats ashamed to be Democrats? Seems to me that they are.

Why you ask. Well - during this campaign season I've listened to a lot of campaign ads on the radio going to and from work. Every 10 minutes or so you hear up to 3 of them.

I've heard a lot where the the candidate or the person speaking for the candidate states that they are proud of their conservative values, proud to be an American and proud to be a member of the Republican party.

BUT! I don't remember hearing a single ad where the candidate proclaimed that they were proud of their liberal values, proud to be an American and is a proud member of the Democrat party.

Granted I live in Oklahoma and we're a pretty hard core Red State but still you'd think that the Dems would at least let you know what party they're in when the ad runs.

Unless they're ashamed of being democrats.
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love
truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Fight Me Online

Standing Wolf

• friend
Re: Are Democrats Ashamed of being Democrats
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2006, 04:17:11 PM »
I'm sure they'd be ashamed of being supporters of the Democratic (sic) party if they were capable of feeling shame.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

BakerMikeRomeo

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2006, 04:45:04 PM »
I live in Virginia currently, and watching the campaign ads on TeeVee (interrupting the reruns of FRIENDS, bastards!) I totally cannot tell the difference between the two candidates for whatever thing they're running for. The ads never mention a party, and they barely even mention any issues. I'm glad I don't have to vote in this damnable state.

~GnSx

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2006, 04:43:44 AM »
They should be!
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

garyk/nm

• friend
  • shovelbum
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2006, 05:41:44 AM »
I can hardly wait for the elections to be over, and when the Dems don't get the expected results, watching all of those little pointy heads exploding. Should be entertaining!

danny

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2006, 05:45:41 AM »
Here in the Chicago area there are almost no positive ads on TV.  No "I will do this".  It's all ads running down the opponent.  I grow suspicious of candidates whose only message seems to be "my opponent is even worse than I am".

Silver Bullet

• friend
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2006, 06:56:59 AM »
There are plenty of Republicans who should be ashamed of being Democrats.

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2006, 04:16:58 PM »
There are plenty of Republicans who should be ashamed of being Democrats.

That hit the X ring, Silver Bullet.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

lumpy

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2006, 02:17:36 PM »
Are Democrats ashamed to be Democrats? Seems to me that they are.

Why you ask. Well - during this campaign season I've listened to a lot of campaign ads on the radio going to and from work. Every 10 minutes or so you hear up to 3 of them.

I've heard a lot where the the candidate or the person speaking for the candidate states that they are proud of their conservative values, proud to be an American and proud to be a member of the Republican party.

BUT! I don't remember hearing a single ad where the candidate proclaimed that they were proud of their liberal values, proud to be an American and is a proud member of the Democrat party.

Granted I live in Oklahoma and we're a pretty hard core Red State but still you'd think that the Dems would at least let you know what party they're in when the ad runs.

Unless they're ashamed of being democrats.

Actually I'm a proud liberal... unfortunately like the republican party the democrats also come in the spineless version. Interestingly you may find that democrats in flyover country don't state their party but out here in Oregon... it's the republicans that are ashamed of their party... apparently there are enough spineless politicians for both parties.
"I have tried to talk about the issues in this campaign... and this has sometimes been a lonely road, because I never meet anybody coming the other way."
Adlai E. Stevenson