Author Topic: Confederate Flag Insanity  (Read 21997 times)

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Re: Confederate Flag Insanity
« Reply #75 on: July 01, 2015, 06:26:18 PM »
https://willmckinley.wordpress.com/2015/06/30/tv-land-pulls-the-dukes-of-hazzard/

Oh, hey, it's not over yet!

Apparently the Duke of Hazzard is now offensive.

They never did no harm  =)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #76 on: July 01, 2015, 07:36:37 PM »
They never did no harm  =)

Hazzard has that effect on some folks, they just naturally say whatevers on their minds.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #77 on: July 01, 2015, 07:54:00 PM »
If AutoTrader drops the revival ads, we will have really turned a corner.

Autotrader had already dropped the flag from the start.

Quote from: some CNN crap story
"We purposefully did not show the Confederate flag... The whole point of the 'Dukes of Hazzard' storyline was that the car is outdated in every way — and it needed replacing," AutoTrader told CNN. "The characters have a clear need that AutoTrader can solve by helping them replace their old car that can't keep up with changing times."

source

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #78 on: July 01, 2015, 09:56:34 PM »
Hazzard has that effect on some folks, they just naturally say whatevers on their minds.

Well it would be better if I had the quote correct in my mind  :facepalm:

They never meant no harm.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #80 on: July 02, 2015, 01:53:27 AM »
They never did no harm  =)

Beats all you never saw.   ???
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 02:09:42 AM by Battle Monkey of Zardoz »
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #81 on: July 02, 2015, 03:14:43 AM »
That's just a little bit more than the law will allow.   :police:
"It's good, though..."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #85 on: July 02, 2015, 01:37:52 PM »
I hope they plaster Daytona with flags .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #87 on: July 02, 2015, 04:26:47 PM »
At least Amazon hasn't gone full retard, you can still buy Nazi flags and ISIS flags.

This PC BS has me just about ready to go buy and fly a battle flag just to piss people off. Of course around here those types of people would be pretty scarce.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #88 on: July 02, 2015, 05:01:34 PM »
At least Amazon hasn't gone full retard, you can still buy Nazi flags and ISIS flags.

This PC BS has me just about ready to go buy and fly a battle flag just to piss people off. Of course around here those types of people would be pretty scarce.

Just come down to the flea markets in Tulsa on Admiral.  Can imagine you can find all you want.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #89 on: July 02, 2015, 05:16:51 PM »
I saw a ton of bikers on the 101 this morning on the drive back to the farm, and half of them had both a US and Confederate flag on their bikes.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #90 on: July 02, 2015, 05:20:33 PM »
I was just wondering if anybody knew which episode of the Dukes of Hazzard was the one about how to attack black people in church. Or was it something they did in every episode?

Thanks.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #91 on: July 02, 2015, 05:30:45 PM »
I was just wondering if anybody knew which episode of the Dukes of Hazzard was the one about how to attack black people in church.

Well, they did have that one about the black guy that went around in a big RV hurting a bunch of white people and taking their money.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #92 on: July 02, 2015, 05:57:55 PM »
Just come down to the flea markets in Tulsa on Admiral.  Can imagine you can find all you want.

That would require going to a Tulsa, on a weekend, during the day, when there are people around.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #93 on: July 02, 2015, 06:15:27 PM »
http://dailycurrant.com/2015/06/26/confederate-flag-kills-7-at-alabama-shopping-mall/

The flag’s motivations are uncertain at the moment. However, according to witnesses the flag did specifically target White people with Northern accents.

It does annoy me a little bit, since there were also black soldiers in the Union Army. Still amusing, of course.

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #94 on: July 02, 2015, 06:20:51 PM »
A concerted move to ban a historical symbol of defiance towards centralized, federalized, you do as I say because 'gubbermint!' power structure worries me a tad bit.

Well Kanye West has taught you well 'merica. This is an all encompassing visual representation of your understanding of historical events and critical thinking skills:

Bright future ahead of us!  =D

"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #95 on: July 02, 2015, 07:10:05 PM »
Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past.

Samuel Adams

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #96 on: July 02, 2015, 07:12:56 PM »
My idiot sister is busy going full retard on facebook about this

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #97 on: July 02, 2015, 07:16:37 PM »
My idiot sister is busy going full retard on facebook about this.

This post is useless w/o screen captures.

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #98 on: July 03, 2015, 01:27:21 AM »
I know it seems bad as the others run rampant but remember that the Rs control 24 states outright have a legislative majority in seven others and seven other governors. Plus majorities in both the US House and Senate.

Next year the really bad parts of Ocare kick in and the Ds will keep running their mouths and possibly trying to memory-hole an entire culture amongst other things thus generating resentment and higher turnout for Rs. Plus many Ds have got what they want. Ocare upheld and gay marriage so that and a lack of good D pres candidates may well keep turnout low for them.

So there is a great chance of an R pres and a great chance of the Rs picking up one or two more Senate seats. Plus keeping the House. The results from 2014 shows that people are tired of the others and are willing to elect Rs in place of Ds and I expect this to continue. So it's not like the others are capable running away with the country.

Now Rs can be mostly useless at times, many times, but they do have blocking power at the very least. So the Ds will continue to be blocked politically.

What we're going through now is just an unusually large lefty smugstorm. It will pass.

The problem is that there are those on our side that have high time preferences, an inability to put or keep things in context, anger and impulse control issues and access to weapons. So if you know someone like this, do try to talk them down. Because if they go off, they will accomplish nothing and make things much, much worse.

Chill out on the apoplectic apocalyptic stuff. Venting is great but don't it let overrule your view of the long-run.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 01:48:57 AM by Warren »
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.