Author Topic: SCOTUS strikes down ban on gay marriage  (Read 51016 times)

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
Re: SCOTUS strikes down ban on gay marriage
« Reply #275 on: June 30, 2015, 10:33:55 PM »
Since marriage is between a man and woman it makes sense that they would "hand them out" to straight couples.

Since marriage is whatever the flipping hell a given society says it is, it would make sense that it gets handed out to whoever that society says it should.

Guess what? the good old USA is chalk full of society that says gay people can get married!
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #276 on: June 30, 2015, 10:38:24 PM »
Since marriage is whatever the flipping hell a given society says it is, it would make sense that it gets handed out to whoever that society says it should.

Guess what? the good old USA is chalk full of society that says gay people can get married!

Er, I thought there was one poll that says it was about half-full. Maybe I've missed a few.

More importantly, there you are defending anti-miscegenation laws again.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #277 on: June 30, 2015, 10:38:40 PM »

I agree the USA is descending into absurdity.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #278 on: June 30, 2015, 10:40:01 PM »
No, I get it. I really actually do get it. You do, too. You just will not let it go.

If I want my relationship validated by the State, and the State refuses due to the sex of my partner while validating others because of the sex of their partners, then the State is not providing equal services to me. Which is the problem.

Actually, it is providing equal services. The problem, clearly, would be...you.

Religion has no input into this conversation except for the fact that people like you find the State granting LBGT equal marriage rights to be offensive.

It's not the Government forcing Christian values, it's the Christains using the force of the Government to uphold Christian values.

Another rant devoid of logic. Governments generally are not in the habit of recognizing marriages that, due to the sex of one of the partners, are not marriages.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #279 on: June 30, 2015, 10:41:01 PM »

If by "chock full" , you mean 5 tyrants in robes,  I agree.

And are you really supporting the idea that if the majority of society supports something, it's automatically OK?  

Why even have laws  ;/
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #280 on: June 30, 2015, 10:43:14 PM »
Here is Roberts' dissent.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/supremecourt/text/14-556#writing-14-556_DISSENT_4

If you're a "gay marriage" proponent that wants to understand the reasoned opposition to it, this is a good summation.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #281 on: June 30, 2015, 10:44:15 PM »
I agree!

The USA is descending into absurdity.

and it can go to hell in a handbasket, if it wants too.

I don't care which side of the fence the morality comes from, be it SJWs or moral conservatives, you don't legislate it.

The Government in this country must be amoral to work. The Christians have been running the show for a long time now, and look at what's happened to you. You're getting slammed. The SJWs have now learned your tricks and are using them better than you ever did.
The blind squirrels found a nut in gay marriage. I doubt they will find another. Thanks to the oh so moral Christian Conservatives, now we are all screwed.
Thank you.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #282 on: June 30, 2015, 10:49:25 PM »
Actually, it is providing equal services. The problem, clearly, would be...you.

Another rant devoid of logic. Governments generally are not in the habit of recognizing marriages that, due to the sex of one of the partners, are not marriages.

If you can't even get passed the whole definition of marriage we did like five pages back (and every single flipping thread ever involving gay marriage) then why are we even having this conversation?

So, like, everyone, like, does not, like agree with your, like, definition of marriage.

maybe if I say it in vally girl, you might get it.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #283 on: June 30, 2015, 10:55:50 PM »
If you can't even get passed the whole definition of marriage we did like five pages back (and every single flipping thread ever involving gay marriage) then why are we even having this conversation?

So, like, everyone, like, does not, like agree with your, like, definition of marriage.

maybe if I say it in vally girl, you might get it.

You don't get to redefine words simply to suit your position.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #284 on: June 30, 2015, 11:03:51 PM »
You don't get to redefine words simply to suit your position.

Get a big group of people in one room, from every cultural/subcultural in the USA, and ask them to define marriage.

If they all give the same answer, than you can have your definition. If they don't, well, your definition is not the valid one from a legal .gov stance.

since I'm betting you can't get all the same answers, I'm going to go with there is no one, definitive definition. I am not the one doing the defining. You are.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #285 on: June 30, 2015, 11:10:18 PM »
Sooooo

Anyone got a good recipe for cornbread?
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #286 on: June 30, 2015, 11:14:38 PM »
Sooooo

Anyone got a good recipe for cornbread?

only if I can brand the Flag of the Army of Northern Virginia into it.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #287 on: June 30, 2015, 11:18:40 PM »
and we done.