Author Topic: It's Classified. No It's Not. Yes It Is.  (Read 951 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
It's Classified. No It's Not. Yes It Is.
« on: July 01, 2015, 08:10:02 PM »
This will be interesting, considering the State Dept waffle. I'm guessing there is going to be a Clinton era redefinition of what "is" is, and what "classified" is.

Which, somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but if it's more than FOUO, it shouldn't touch a network that touches the Internet. In some cases (might have changed) certain classified stuff couldn't even be sent over SIPRNet.  Not sure why more of a stink is not being made about that. I can't believe at least some of the Benghazi stuff wasn't at least S or TS, and I'm sure a large portion of State dept correspondence, especially at the Secretary level, is Secret.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/07/01/state-dept-withholds-classified-clinton-emails-despite-claim-there-is-no/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Re: It's Classified. No It's Not. Yes It Is.
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 12:01:11 AM »
"I can neither confirm nor deny that there is any meaning to the word [REDACTED] or that any [REDACTED] contained or did not contain anything that might be or not be [REDACTED]."

What ever happened to the good old days of machine politicians telling nosy reporters that they might want to go looking for some other story somewhere else?

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2015, 07:58:43 AM »
This will be interesting, considering the State Dept waffle. I'm guessing there is going to be a Clinton era redefinition of what "is" is, and what "classified" is.

Which, somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but if it's more than FOUO, it shouldn't touch a network that touches the Internet. In some cases (might have changed) certain classified stuff couldn't even be sent over SIPRNet.  Not sure why more of a stink is not being made about that. I can't believe at least some of the Benghazi stuff wasn't at least S or TS, and I'm sure a large portion of State dept correspondence, especially at the Secretary level, is Secret.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/07/01/state-dept-withholds-classified-clinton-emails-despite-claim-there-is-no/

Well TS would have to be sent over Joint Worldwide Intelligence Communications System (JWICS).
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2015, 09:03:41 AM »
DESTROY BEFORE OPENING

Make three copies.  Return one copy to sender as indication of receiving this message.  Forward one copy to  [next higher] to advise of receipt of this message.  File one copy in messages received file.

And that was just for the intra-battalion baseball tournament schedule.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2015, 09:59:20 AM »
It's really got me wondering if people on both sides of the issue even know what "classified" actually means. It absolutely doesn't excuse the private server, but I think they all may be throwing "classified" around the same way news reporters throw out the word "Glock".
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2015, 10:30:43 AM »
It's really got me wondering if people on both sides of the issue even know what "classified" actually means. It absolutely doesn't excuse the private server, but I think they all may be throwing "classified" around the same way news reporters throw out the word "Glock".

That's what I was wondering  =|

Isn't everything in government "classified"  ???

Even if it is classified as "anybody in the world may read this" ?
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin