Author Topic: Fame and Donut Licking  (Read 5975 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Fame and Donut Licking
« on: July 09, 2015, 10:02:19 AM »
I generally avoid reading anything related to "celebrity gossip", but this was up front on Fox News this morning. I'm not even sure what this Arriana Grande does, other than I've heard her name lumped in with America hating celebrities.

Anyway, she and her boyfriend apparently licked a bunch of donuts at a donut shop (that they didn't buy). It was on video, and the shop employees reported it. Result: Law enforcement doesn't think it's a crime, but they sent health inspectors to the donut shop to see if they may have committed a crime by leaving donuts out.

It looked to me from the TMZ video that the donuts were just temporarily out as the single employee in front was getting donuts from the back and helping customers at the same time. I somehow think if one of us did this disgusting behavior, they wouldn't be investigating the donut shop.

Not to mention the fact that she did her "I hate Americans" thing claiming it was because she hates donut eaters, while she was in a donut shop. Every day is "The Onion" day in America.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2015/07/09/ariana-grande-out-mlb-all-star-concert-because-wisdom-teeth-demi-lovato/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Fame and Donut Licking
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 11:02:51 AM »
Grande was raised a Roman Catholic but abandoned Catholicism after becoming disillusioned with the church during the reign of Pope Benedict,[175] including the church's opposition to gay marriage.[3] Grande stated, "I lost faith when the Pope decided to tell me that everything I loved and believed in was wrong. I needed something else to believe in." She has followed Kabbalah teachings since at least the age of twelve, believing "the basis lies in the idea that if you're kind to others, good things will happen to you."

Shallow obnoxious pinhead diva is shallow pinhead.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 11:13:04 AM »
Stupid vapid twit that happens to be a "pop singer". Some call it music, but it's utter crap to my ears.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2015, 12:00:57 PM »
Shallow obnoxious pinhead diva is shallow pinhead.

She has followed Kabbalah teachings since at least the age of twelve

Kabbalah. Of course.

And, she became "disillusioned" with the Church at the age of TWELVE? And, at twelve, she decided "I lost faith when the Pope decided to tell me that everything I loved and believed in was wrong. I needed something else to believe in."

Well, I can safely say she was never raised as a Roman Catholic. She likely identified as such, but not raised in the faith.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2015, 12:02:00 PM »
I'm glad I'm not famous. I think I would go berserk when trying just to do a day to day mundane task and being hassled by the public.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2015, 12:06:15 PM »
I'm glad I'm not famous. I think I would go berserk when trying just to do a day to day mundane task and being hassled by the public.

Not sure that maliciously licking donuts that other people are going to eat is an everyday mundane task. Maybe I'm living my life wrong.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2015, 12:29:47 PM »
Not sure that maliciously licking donuts that other people are going to eat is an everyday mundane task. Maybe I'm living my life wrong.
She is rich enough to buy the entire donut shop and not even blink.  She could afford to pay for them and then she could lick all she wanted. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2015, 12:32:07 PM »
Kabbalah. Of course.

And, she became "disillusioned" with the Church at the age of TWELVE? And, at twelve, she decided "I lost faith when the Pope decided to tell me that everything I loved and believed in was wrong. I needed something else to believe in."

Well, I can safely say she was never raised as a Roman Catholic. She likely identified as such, but not raised in the faith.
I thought about commenting on that.  I see a lot of similar comments about Christianity like that here and there.  I get the impression most of them were never taught or never really learned much about it so when questions come up, they have no answers.  They blame their ignorance on the Faith.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2015, 01:02:59 PM »
I thought about commenting on that.  I see a lot of similar comments about Christianity like that here and there.  I get the impression most of them were never taught or never really learned much about it so when questions come up, they have no answers.  They blame their ignorance on the Faith.

I've learned that every former Christian has read the entire Bible, and also attended Sunday School every day of their lives. But they asked questions that made the teacher break down in tears, and were then kicked out for displaying independent thought. Every. Single. Former. Christian.

Also, I am glad that the article included information about some other vocalist's new single. I found that particularly not relevant to the topic at hand.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2015, 01:51:36 PM »

I've learned that every former Christian has read the entire Bible, and also attended Sunday School every day of their lives. But they asked questions that made the teacher break down in tears, and were then kicked out for displaying independent thought. Every. Single. Former. Christian.

Also, I am glad that the article included information about some other vocalist's new single. I found that particularly not relevant to the topic at hand.

When your opening premise is an irrelevancy, why not pile on a few more? "Idiot you've never heard of acts inappropriately and bloviates ignorant opinion. By the way, someone else you've never met prefers loose underwear."
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2015, 01:59:29 PM »

I have read the Bible several times, attended CCD (Confraternity of Christian Doctrine, sorta like Sunday school, but written in 1562) and asked a lot of questions without receiving good answers. No tears (nuns don't cry) and wasn't kicked out, as far as I remember. I was however encouraged to not ask so many questions, and it was hinted on the down low that if I read something other than the Catechism and didn't ask questions, it would not be reported upon so long as the paperwork went smooth. Pretty sure nuns knew I was a heretic from the get-go, but wanted to make the process easier for both of us.

I don't know if I count as a "former Christian" or not. The second part is slightly modified because old school Catholic nuns are made of sterner stuff.

Other than those minor quibbles, I guess I fit that stereotype to a T.

That said, it's fine that she's all disappointed in Catholic doctrine, but licking someone else's food should be punished significantly.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2015, 02:23:41 PM »

Yea, but going to get a donut and cup of coffee, without being pestered because you're famous, is a normal activity. Become famous and simple things like that are hard to do anonymously.

I'm not saying what she did was right, but fame makes people do really weird stuff.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 04:57:19 PM by charby »

Uranus is a gas giant.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2015, 03:01:05 PM »
Yea, but going to get a donut and cup of coffee, without being pestered because your famous, is a normal activity. Become famous and simple things like that are hard to do anonymously.

I'm not saying what she did was right, but fame makes people do really weird stuff.

Certainly having a coterie of hangers-on who feed off your celebrity or money constantly telling you how special you are and the normal standards don't apply can't help one stay humble and well adjusted.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2015, 03:09:29 PM »
Yea, but going to get a donut and cup of coffee, without being pestered because your famous, is a normal activity. Become famous and simple things like that are hard to do anonymously.

This is true, and I'd hate to be followed down the street doing normal activities. I can't tell that any customers in that donut shop recognized her though, at least from the video. Obviously someone knew her to make the ID.

Maybe another question is how some of these idiots even qualify as celebrities. Kind of a statement on our society. I wouldn't give the time of day to 50% of them.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2015, 03:10:25 PM »

So I said to myself: donut reply.  It's not worth it and nobody wants to hear about my painful church experiences.

I think I've grown  :angel:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2015, 03:13:24 PM »
Certainly having a coterie of hangers-on who feed off your celebrity or money constantly telling you how special you are and the normal standards don't apply can't help one stay humble and well adjusted.

She came up through the Disney farm leagues for pop-stardom. Some seem to be relatively well adjusted and successful long-term, others have crashed and burned spectacularly.

I promise not to duck.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2015, 03:36:25 PM »
So I said to myself: donut reply.  It's not worth it and nobody wants to hear about my painful church experiences.

I think I've grown  :angel:

I am glad you did not fritter away your personal growth.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2015, 04:37:41 PM »
Point 1
I made nuns cry

Point 2
Some chef waiter bartender or cook is gonna give her payback on the donut licking

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2015, 04:41:57 PM »
Point 1
I made nuns cry

Point 2
Some chef waiter bartender or cook is gonna give her payback on the donut licking

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've had a long-standing rule: Be nice to the people who clean up your s%$@ and cook/serve your food.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2015, 04:52:33 PM »
I've had a long-standing rule: Be nice to the people who clean up your s%$@ and cook/serve your food.
this is a very good rule to have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2015, 04:57:40 PM »
I have read the Bible several times, attended CCD (Confraternity of Christian Doctrine, sorta like Sunday school, but written in 1562) and asked a lot of questions without receiving good answers. No tears (nuns don't cry) and wasn't kicked out, as far as I remember. I was however encouraged to not ask so many questions, and it was hinted on the down low that if I read something other than the Catechism and didn't ask questions, it would not be reported upon so long as the paperwork went smooth. Pretty sure nuns knew I was a heretic from the get-go, but wanted to make the process easier for both of us.

Hehe. I got an 'F' in religeon class and I went to a Catholic grade school. It wasn't that I was rebelling or questioning, I just didn't give a crap. The praying to statues, Mary, and Saints simply didn't make sense to me so I tuned it all out.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2015, 04:59:55 PM »
I've learned that every former Christian has read the entire Bible, and also attended Sunday School every day of their lives.

Nah; some were just raised Seventh Day Adventist.  It's apparently the fastest path ever to Hateism.*

*Most fall in that group who claim to both disbelieve God's existence and despise Him at the same time.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2015, 05:00:09 PM »
Maybe another question is how some of these idiots even qualify as celebrities. Kind of a statement on our society. I wouldn't give the time of day to 50% of them.

I bet my parents felt the same way about some of the famous people I adore/adored.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2015, 05:39:36 PM »
I bet my parents felt the same way about some of the famous people I adore/adored.

I wouldn't give half the celebrities from my youth the time of day either. I was never one to "adore" celebrities. I certainly looked up to astronauts, scientists, soldiers, and others who actually deserved to be treated the way celebrities are, though I suspect most of them wouldn't want to be. Liking music someone does, or their role in a movie, is different than being awestruck by the actor or muscian.

To me, the person working the counter at the Salvation Army donation store deserves a thousand times more of my respect than a Kim Kardshian, or even a Tom Selleck, who's a celebrity that I would give the time of day to.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2015, 05:40:16 PM »

Absolutely.