Author Topic: Fame and Donut Licking  (Read 5976 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Fame and Donut Licking
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2015, 05:43:58 PM »
I've had a long-standing rule: Be nice to the people who clean up your s%$@ and cook/serve your food.

I include folks cutting my hair in that group.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2015, 05:53:33 PM »
I include folks cutting my hair in that group.

What hair? ;)
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2015, 05:55:23 PM »
What hair? ;)

Hair in the singular, not plural.  I may have only one, but I am very proud of it.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2015, 06:06:03 PM »
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2015, 06:33:54 PM »
Result: Law enforcement doesn't think it's a crime, but they sent health inspectors to the donut shop to see if they may have committed a crime by leaving donuts out.

Leaving any health-specific laws aside, wouldn't that count as vandalism, seeing as how they rendered the donuts unsuitable for sale?

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2015, 06:35:27 PM »
Leaving any health-specific laws aside, wouldn't that count as vandalism, seeing as how they rendered the donuts unsuitable for sale?

Sure seems that way to me. Misdemeanor destruction of property. Felony if Bavarian cream.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2015, 06:46:34 PM »
Sure seems that way to me. Misdemeanor destruction of property. Felony if Bavarian cream.

There's a man after my own heart.  :laugh:

Only I might call for a firing squad.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Triphammer

• friend
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2015, 06:49:56 PM »
Nevermind

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2015, 07:15:52 PM »

At least.  TX ups the penalty group somewhat when it comes to messing with a food product that is being offered for sale, but I'm not sure what lesser states do.

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2015, 07:50:31 PM »
At least.  TX ups the penalty group somewhat when it comes to messing with a food product that is being offered for sale, but I'm not sure what lesser states do.

That's why I said 'health-specific', I'm not a lawyer, but I view it as incredibly likely that vandalism is the least they could be arrested for.

Then the lawyers take a dip into the code books and come up with this -
http://law.justia.com/codes/california/2009/hsc/110545-110655.html
110545.  Any food is adulterated if it bears or contains any
poisonous or deleterious substance that may render it injurious to
health of man or any other animal that may consume it. The food is
not considered adulterated if the substance is a naturally occurring
substance and if the quantity of the substance in the food does not
render it injurious to health.

-Spit/Saliva counts, as it can be a factor for disease transmission.

110625.  It is unlawful for any person to adulterate any food.
http://www.weblaws.org/california/codes/ca_penal_section_382
Adulterating food is a misdemeanor.

Finally: If Alaska, California, and Texas all have more or less the same rules*, I figure all 50 states probably have them.

*California's adulteration laws are an OOM larger than Alaska's, getting into the nitty-gritty with lead, wine bottles, candies, etc...

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2015, 08:53:00 PM »
Hehe. I got an 'F' in religeon class...

And in spelling.  :P

I just wanted to clarify my earlier post. Obviously, it's hyperbole. It's just that I've had way too many people tell me they've "read the Bible from cover to cover." Having done a fair amount of Bible-reading myself, I think 90% of them are lying, or at least exaggerating. It's a long read, with a lot of really boring parts. I don't think most believers have read all of it.

Plus, I've heard a lot of people bragging about being so much smarter and more skeptical than the nuns/Sunday School teachers, whatever. I suspect most of them are, again, exaggerating. Either that, or they were just being disruptive, as some kids are.

I now return you to your donuts and vapid pop stars thread.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2015, 09:08:44 PM »
*shrug* I went through a religion phase, went to Sunday school, attended a christian summer camp for a couple years.

I've read significant portions of the Bible and have studied Christianity (and other religions) from an academic standpoint rather than a religious one.

For me, it was the Christians making me cry that was probably the ultimate sinker. I was already headed away from the whole idea as not being something that worked for me, but having two Bible thumper types sit down, harrass and bully me for over an hour was pretty much the end to any interest I had in being involved in religion or the Christian faith.

The fact that they sincerely were trying to save me was what made it horrible. I seriously cannot understand or comprehend how a person can like, respect and care for other people but truely believe that those other people are going to end up in hell because they don't believe in God or Jesus.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2015, 11:35:39 PM »
My experience is similar to fistful's.  Many Christians can be woefully ignorant of their theology(1), but to get some truly farcical "The Civil War began after the Nazis bombed Pearl Harbor" Biblical buffoonery one must generally go to the atheist/former Christian who "read the Bible from cover to cover."  

I seriously cannot understand or comprehend how a person can like, respect and care for other people but truely believe that those other people are going to end up in hell because they don't believe in God or Jesus.

Maybe you should ask someone who exhibits these seemingly inexplicable traits.  It has been my experience that many are willing to talk about it.  Some even cite appropriate supporting documents.  For example:
Mother Theresa did more than "like, respect and care for other people" and yet was in accord with Roman Catholic doctrine which holds that belief in Christ was a necessity to avoid eternal damnation.  She left behind much documentation and is not mysterious.

(1) It does not help that many mega-churches have forsaken exegesis for self-help-book-Christianity and many mainline denominations have forsaken the text almost completely.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 11:48:42 PM by roo_ster »
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2015, 11:37:01 PM »
It's a long read, with a lot of really boring parts.

It helps to lick some donuts while trying to get through all the "begats"  =D
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2015, 12:01:08 AM »
It helps to lick some donuts while trying to get through all the "begats"  =D

I could try that, but I'm pretty sure I'd just start eating them. (The donuts; not the begats. (I ain't Ezekiel.))
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2015, 02:39:06 AM »
My experience is similar to fistful's.  Many Christians can be woefully ignorant of their theology(1), but to get some truly farcical "The Civil War began after the Nazis bombed Pearl Harbor" Biblical buffoonery one must generally go to the atheist/former Christian who "read the Bible from cover to cover."  

Maybe you should ask someone who exhibits these seemingly inexplicable traits.  It has been my experience that many are willing to talk about it.  Some even cite appropriate supporting documents.  For example:
Mother Theresa did more than "like, respect and care for other people" and yet was in accord with Roman Catholic doctrine which holds that belief in Christ was a necessity to avoid eternal damnation.  She left behind much documentation and is not mysterious.

(1) It does not help that many mega-churches have forsaken exegesis for self-help-book-Christianity and many mainline denominations have forsaken the text almost completely.

You misunderstood me. Perhaps I wasn't clear.

I don't understand how because I find the concept of judging someone based on such things repellent and morally wrong.

And yes, that includes Mother Teresa.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

BryanP

• friendly hermit
  • friend
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2015, 05:36:33 AM »
Nah; some were just raised Seventh Day Adventist.  It's apparently the fastest path ever to Hateism.*

*Most fall in that group who claim to both disbelieve God's existence and despise Him at the same time.

You have an interesting concept of most. I'm well acquainted with several SDA folk and none match that description. Otoh, I know some former SDA turned Church of Christ who are some of the most hateful bastards I've ever met.
"Inaccurately attributed quotes are the bane of the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2015, 11:17:26 AM »
You have an interesting concept of most. I'm well acquainted with several SDA folk and none match that description. Otoh, I know some former SDA turned Church of Christ who are some of the most hateful bastards I've ever met.

Could be a regional thing.  Probably doesn't help that we're in a heavily Baptist area, so nearly everything other than restaurants is closed on Sundays, meaning the SDAs are limited to WalMart for weekend activities.  I could see that breeding some resentment.