Author Topic: Getting a snake out of a workshop?  (Read 14689 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Re: Getting a snake out of a workshop?
« Reply #75 on: July 29, 2015, 04:36:22 PM »
.45acp snake shot at your beck and call.  http://www.midwayusa.com/product/549829/cci-shotshell-ammunition-45-acp-120-grains-9-shot-box-of-10

Just remember that any shot out of any rifled barrel will donut very quickly.  If standing "out of harm's way" aim to the left or right side of the head.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

birdman

• friend
« Reply #76 on: July 29, 2015, 08:11:07 PM »
.45acp snake shot at your beck and call.  http://www.midwayusa.com/product/549829/cci-shotshell-ammunition-45-acp-120-grains-9-shot-box-of-10

Just remember that any shot out of any rifled barrel will donut very quickly.  If standing "out of harm's way" aim to the left or right side of the head.

stay safe.

"Don't use with ported barrels"...I'm also thinking that means "don't use with silencer".
Poo.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #77 on: July 29, 2015, 08:34:02 PM »
"Don't use with ported barrels"...I'm also thinking that means "don't use with silencer".
Poo.

They're just trying to stop you from complaining when all those little pieces of shott go clogging up thje works.  If you can live with that I imagine everything would be just dandy otherwise.

Try it.  I'll hold your beer.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

birdman

• friend
« Reply #78 on: July 29, 2015, 09:12:06 PM »
They're just trying to stop you from complaining when all those little pieces of shott go clogging up thje works.  If you can live with that I imagine everything would be just dandy otherwise.

Try it.  I'll hold your beer.

stay safe.

Nah, just means I'll HAVE to get a SALVO-12 to put on my UTS-15 and get some birdshot.  Darn.  Poor snakes.

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #79 on: July 29, 2015, 11:24:05 PM »
Midway has the .38 shotshells advertized also - but, like the .45's, they're on backorder and overdue.

I'm going to find out if their "Notify me" works.

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #80 on: August 18, 2016, 11:03:14 PM »
Lucked out a few weeks back & the LGS had .38 snake shot on hand.  Bought 3 boxes of 10 - at $15 per box!  Patterned at a few distances out of the 4" .357 - I can at stay at most 7 yards away and have a good enough pattern.

And it works.  So far, only have one with the .357.  Did get 3 others with the single shot 16 gauge - but it was a bit cumbersome to carry on the riding mower.

I was talking with my chiropractor about the problem.  He told a story about how his grand-folks had an old well with a bunch of garden netting thrown down next to it - they'd find dead snakes in it all the time.  Took some of that netting and tossed it behind the shed, took a few days but there's one to it's credit too.

Broke down and bought one of the commercial snake traps; it's a corrugated plastic box with glue traps and felt dots that spent some time in a cage with a bunch of mice.  It's on one of the top shelves inside, along with a bunch of other glue traps I made using multiple rat-sized glue traps and cardboard - so far one of the home-made traps has produced one snake kill.  Others have caught multiple lizards, crickets & a couple mice.

Between the multiple glue traps and numerous bug bombings, I'm hoping to soon be the only living thing in there.