Author Topic: Trump and McCain  (Read 2745 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Trump and McCain
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2015, 09:55:52 PM »
Interesting article ro_oster.  I hadn't seen that stuff before. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2015, 09:57:52 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_mTiDeQvWg

Need I say more? Please, all those who think that Mr Trump made sense in this interview, please do not vote! You are dangerous.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2015, 10:02:58 PM »
Are you seriously suggesting that the substance of what he said is incorrect? 

The "substance" of his quote being that POW's are losers? Yeah, I do disagree with that. I also disagree with selective editing of quotes to try to make the message palatable.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2015, 03:17:00 PM »
So in response Mccains good buddy sen. Graham called Trump a jackass.

In response, during a speech today in SC, Trump read of Graham's personal cell number. Apparently it's an accurate number too.

Anyone wanna call and say hi?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2015, 03:30:09 PM »
So in response Mccains good buddy sen. Graham called Trump a jackass.

In response, during a speech today in SC, Trump read of Graham's personal cell number. Apparently it's an accurate number too.

Anyone wanna call and say hi?

You do realize the convective effect of hot air between those two could make algore's global warming took like January in International Falls?
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

lupinus

• friends
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2015, 03:32:02 PM »
You do realize the convective effect of hot air between those two could make algore's global warming took like January in International Falls?
It's certainly entertaining.

That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2015, 03:36:51 PM »
Mark Steyn has Trump's & McCain's numbers:

The Superbowl of Superholes
http://www.steynonline.com/7059/the-superbowl-of-superholes

Forty years ago, John McCain was a war hero. Since then he's mostly been an ahole. The problem is you can't out-ahole Donald Trump. McCain is in the Superbowl of assholery and hopelessly outmatched. He was doing assholery-as-usual last week, sneering at Trump's supporters as "the crazies". On recent polls that's getting on for 20 per cent of the Republican vote. If 20 per cent of Republican "crazies" take the same umbrage at McCain's sneer that Rick Perry, Lindsey Graham, Reince Preibus et al have taken on McCain's behalf at Trump's, then Hillary will be President with a Democratic Senate and maybe even House.

And yet no Republican "leader" objected to McCain's characterization of the base. Only Donald Trump did, and in doing so flung the crazy back in McCain's face. And all those hitherto somnolent Republican "leaders" stood on their dignity to insist that there was no place in their party for people who disrespect John McCain... no, make that all POWs... no, make that all veterans. McCain himself insisted that Trump didn't owe an apology to him but to all those who've served in the armed forces. So now John McCain is the personal embodiment of the entire US military? Trump didn't insult any of them, he insulted you, and you alone.

Way, way too much good stuff the excerpt it all.  Do go read it.

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

lupinus

• friends
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2015, 03:50:25 PM »
Mark Steyn has Trump's & McCain's numbers:

The Superbowl of Superholes
http://www.steynonline.com/7059/the-superbowl-of-superholes

Way, way too much good stuff the excerpt it all.  Do go read it.
/slow clap

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2015, 04:58:19 PM »
Except that Trump did smear all POWs.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Chuck Dye

• friend
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2015, 06:33:41 PM »
McCain was not much of a much at the academy, not much of a much as an officer, not much of a much as a pilot (expensive in aircraft as I recall,) and, as senator, not much of a much would be a major improvement.  His behavior as POW was and is honorable (I'll leave the definition of "heroic" to others,)  but short of playing the Daddy card, or worse, to opt out, what else was he to do but endure?

I have but one use for the GOP and that is they offer the best, such as it is, chance to exclude Democrats in elections.  Neither McCain nor Trump contribute to that.  Trump seems to actively defeat that purpose.
Gee, I'd love to see your data!

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2015, 06:59:35 PM »
Here's what a guy who was there had to say about McCain. Maybe one of trumps draft dodger friends can endorse him?
http://www.miafacts.org/mccain_2.htm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I