Author Topic: Colorado Shooter - Life Without Parole  (Read 15947 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Re: Colorado Shooter - Life Without Parole
« Reply #125 on: August 18, 2015, 08:55:29 PM »
Actually many of "best and brightest" weren't getting shipped around the world to die for the Empire.  Mostly it was the idiot sons that they didn't trust to run the family business/estate, that got shipped off to the Army/Navy.   It was only once the meat grinder of the Western Front and then getting ground up in France, Africa, the Far East, and in the Atlantic that the flower of British manhood was destroyed.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #126 on: August 18, 2015, 10:27:23 PM »
Actually many of "best and brightest" weren't getting shipped around the world to die for the Empire.  Mostly it was the idiot sons that they didn't trust to run the family business/estate, that got shipped off to the Army/Navy.   It was only once the meat grinder of the Western Front and then getting ground up in France, Africa, the Far East, and in the Atlantic that the flower of British manhood was destroyed.

1914-16 wrote the future of 20-21st century Europe more than any other event/time. 1939-45 sharpened the pencil.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #127 on: August 19, 2015, 05:37:20 AM »
RKL -

In sheer numbers the Brits had been shipping their menfolk around the globe for several centuries.  But for the most part those were not "the best and the brightest" - neither the private soldier and certainly not the officers.

WWI was when the educated middle class began entering service to save Britain from invasion by the Hun.  Oh, yeah!  And to honor its treaties to save France from the Hun and stop the rape of Belgian babies.  WWII was a repeat of the reasons for the educated middle class to enter service, plus the dirty Jap who was threatening the Empire's cash cow holdings.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.