Author Topic: Cuba  (Read 3125 times)

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
Re: Cuba
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2015, 04:16:50 PM »
Kerry's an ass.

But much like Glastnost, I fully believe the best and fastest way to bring down Cuba is open it up to Western, modern influences.  The Cubans love us, and a quick interjection of some imperialistic capitalist green will only bolster that.

Kerry is worse than just an ass.  He is an active and virulant hater of America.  He has been for most of his life.  In his dotage, he is able to really damage America.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Re: Cuba
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2015, 06:44:27 PM »
Kerry's an ass.

But much like Glastnost, I fully believe the best and fastest way to bring down Cuba is open it up to Western, modern influences.  The Cubans love us, and a quick interjection of some imperialistic capitalist green will only bolster that.

But we're not getting Glastnost, nor Perestroika.  There is no "Openness" nor any reform.  US Tourists will be confined to the tourist areas and only allow to convert to "real pesos".  Meanwhile, the Cuban .gov will pay those working the tourist areas with "peasant pesos", as any Cuban caught with "real pesos" will be sent to prison.

The only one that benefits is the Cuban .gov.  By getting hard currency in from tourist and paying their people in worthless scrip.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.