Author Topic: Hey Mtnbkr...  (Read 1807 times)

Kingcreek

• friend
Re: Hey Mtnbkr...
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2015, 10:27:02 AM »
I picked up a Bontrager saddle at the pro bike shop and my tired old ass likes it.
I no longer do offroad and I'm just getting back on the bike after 5 years but my wife wants to ride a 26 mile gravel trail
What we have here is failure to communicate.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2015, 10:38:24 AM »
I picked up a Bontrager saddle at the pro bike shop and my tired old ass likes it.
I no longer do offroad and I'm just getting back on the bike after 5 years but my wife wants to ride a 26 mile gravel trail

Which trail? Most gravel trails are crushed limestone and pretty durable surface. I rode a 33 mile long one earlier this summer pulling a trailer and it wasn't bad at all.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2015, 02:58:57 PM »
Which trail? Most gravel trails are crushed limestone and pretty durable surface. I rode a 33 mile long one earlier this summer pulling a trailer and it wasn't bad at all.
I dunno. Something in south western Wisconsin. We are in NW Illinois but she wants do meet up with her brother and sis in law from Minnesota.
The nice thing about those rails-to-trails is the grade is easy, never more than 6-7% or so IIRC.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2015, 04:32:35 PM »
I dunno. Something in south western Wisconsin. We are in NW Illinois but she wants do meet up with her brother and sis in law from Minnesota.
The nice thing about those rails-to-trails is the grade is easy, never more than 6-7% or so IIRC.

I think railroad grade is under 2% as a rule.

Now some of the old narrow gauge with a geared Shay locomotive would be a lot greater, think temp logging and mining roadbeds.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2015, 05:16:35 PM »
I think railroad grade is under 2% as a rule.

Now some of the old narrow gauge with a geared Shay locomotive would be a lot greater, think temp logging and mining roadbeds.
I think you are correct.