Author Topic: Detroit Calls for More CCW Holders  (Read 641 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Detroit Calls for More CCW Holders
« on: August 21, 2015, 03:27:33 PM »
I found this interesting because yesterday the DC police chief was saying the opposite and blaming guns and "high capacity magazines" for their murder problem. Apparent;y the Detroit police chief has been pushing "more guns" for a while, and it has had a positive effect on reduced crime (duh).

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/08/21/packing-heat-in-detroit-motown-residents-answer-police-chief-call-to-arms/?intcmp=hpbt1

« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 04:09:37 PM by Ben »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Pb

• friend
Re: Detroit Calls for More CCW Holders
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 04:07:00 PM »

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2015, 05:38:16 PM »
Detroit citizens, just doing the job the cops won't do.

Not really a jab at DPD - they are still bankrupt and short-handed.

More of this justified homicide stuff may finally trickle down as notice to the thugs that there might be a safer, if not more lucrative, line of work to be followed.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2015, 06:00:44 PM »
It's encouraging to see any media acknowledging that citizens with guns can have a positive effect, and it's even more encouraging to see a chief of police encouraging people to arm themselves. That said ...

Standberry said his run-in with a car thief is proof that responsible and legal gun ownership is a key to surviving in Detroit.

“That day could have been much worse,” he said to FoxNews.com. “It could have been my life that was taken.”

Seems to me that Mr. Standberry's run-in is a poster child for why you don't leave the keys in the car and the engine running when you go into a convenience store. First, it's probably illegal to pump gas with the engine running anyway (I know it's illegal in my state). More importantly, what a dumbass thing to do. I live in a 'burb that's a LOT less dangerous than Detroit, and I always take the keys and lock the doors when pumping gas. I'm always astonished when I see other people who don't do that.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2015, 06:10:40 PM »
In a "free" Detroit, you wouldn't need the damn permit and to register your handgun  =(
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin