Author Topic: Don't like gender reassignment surgery? Get an injunction!  (Read 16278 times)

zxcvbob

• friend
Re: Don't like gender reassignment surgery? Get an injunction!
« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2015, 08:46:47 PM »
And I'm pretty sure there is some bit in the bible where Jesus told ya'll Christians to worry about your own *expletive deleted*it and leave other people alone.

Luke 6:42, I think.  It's also in Matthew 7.  ;)
"It's good, though..."

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2015, 08:49:26 PM »
It doesn't really matter whether there are more or less suicides or whether there is even more or less "happiness".

What matters is the cultural Marxist narrative of gender fluidity and all the other related nonsense.

Okay, and when we are talking about those issues, I'm sure you may have some valid arguments.

But that's not what we are talking here!

This isn't about cultural acceptance. It's not about right or wrong decisions made by an individual. It's not even about the gender wars.

It's about a legally compatant adult being legally allowed to do whatever the hell they want to their body.
Absolutely nothing else is relevant in this case. Nothing.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2015, 08:56:56 PM »
Okay, and when we are talking about those issues, I'm sure you may have some valid arguments.

But that's not what we are talking here!

This isn't about cultural acceptance. It's not about right or wrong decisions made by an individual. It's not even about the gender wars.

It's about a legally compatant adult being legally allowed to do whatever the hell they want to their body.
Absolutely nothing else is relevant in this case. Nothing.

There is plenty else relevant.

The government has no business forcing folks to treat someone as one thing when they are something else. There will be legal ramifications forcing people to violate their conscience if the loony left has their way.

Also, doctors with zero scruples should not be allowed to prey on mentally ill people.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2015, 09:04:52 PM »
There is plenty else relevant.

The government has no business forcing folks to treat someone as one thing when they are something else. There will be legal ramifications forcing people to violate their conscience if the loony left has their way.

Also, doctors with zero scruples should not be allowed to prey on mentally ill people.

Where is the government forcing someone to treat someone else differently in this case?

Secondly, are you a psychologist and have you reviewed the files on this patient, and therefore, can make a definite answer in regards to their mental health and compentacy?
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2015, 09:27:25 PM »
Where is the government forcing someone to treat someone else differently in this case?

Secondly, are you a psychologist and have you reviewed the files on this patient, and therefore, can make a definite answer in regards to their mental health and compentacy?

It's already happening in the battles of the bathrooms taking place around the country.

You're right, Bruce/Kaitlyn is every bit the woman you are!

'cause the "doctors" say so  :lol:
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2015, 09:37:09 PM »
It's already happening in the battles of the bathrooms taking place around the country.

You're right, Bruce/Kaitlyn is every bit the woman you are!

'cause the "doctors" say so  :lol:

"In this case"

You need to go read that thread of monkeylegs. Seriously, "in this case". Should I bold it?

Second, I am not a doctor and I don't really care wth Jenner is. I have no need to have my womanhood qualified by some has been celebrity attention whore. His/her doing/being/saying what he/she has no affect on my feminity. If anything, I guess I think she is a lucky bitch. She's not currently exhausted, cranky and cramping because of biology.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2015, 09:47:39 PM »
"In this case"

You need to go read that thread of monkeylegs. Seriously, "in this case". Should I bold it?

Second, I am not a doctor and I don't really care wth Jenner is. I have no need to have my womanhood qualified by some has been celebrity attention whore. His/her doing/being/saying what he/she has no affect on my feminity. If anything, I guess I think she is a lucky bitch. She's not currently exhausted, cranky and cramping because of biology.

You mean "He".

I want to agree with your position,  but then both of us would be wrong.  (even if you're fundamentally right)

I'd love for it to be about an adult doing whatever they want with their own body,  but it's not.  If you believe that,  you're naive and it's cute, but not helpful.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2015, 09:52:58 PM »
Yea, this *expletive deleted*it doesn't happen in a vacuum and it resonates outward.

In this case he wants to be "made" into a woman and when he gets his way he'll want to force everyone around him to treat him as such, or else...

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #58 on: September 04, 2015, 10:24:22 PM »
Yeah, that's me. Cute and naive.

I couldn't possibly understand the ramifications of the current efforts of the transgender community to force acceptance.

I also cannot do anything to stop it. Neither can you two. The beauty of it is, neither can they, and the backlash in this one will only be lesser than they current racial tensions because they don't have the numbers to affect such chaos.

Both of you need some moral fortitude. You sit and whine "oh, but if we let them do this (which is perfectly legit) than they'll do that (which isn't) and we MUST STOP THEM!!" and never mind that you are both old enough and (supposedly) mature enough to figure out how to sepperate the difference between something that affects you and something that doesn't.

You want to rant and rail? Do it when the specifics affect YOU, personally. That's when you draw the line.
You keep drawing it before that point and you loose all *expletive deleted*ing credibility. No one is going to listing to you when the fight gets personal, because all you've done is establish that you think transgender people are ewwy. And nobody cares about people who are so juvinial that they base their political stance on what they think is ewwy.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #59 on: September 04, 2015, 10:30:02 PM »
Still waiting for something more than your opinion....

But feel free to rant on, even if you're currently encumbered by your biology,  it doesn't get you a pass.  (which is hilarious,  because Bruce's Caitlin's chemistry doesn't have a single thing in common with yours.  HE isn't encumbered by said hormones)

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #60 on: September 04, 2015, 10:32:20 PM »
She is old enough to do whatever the hell she wants with herself. The parents are being asses.

I suppose.

But "she" is not really a "she" until "she" has had the surgery. Until then, "she" is just a transvestite he.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #61 on: September 04, 2015, 10:42:06 PM »
Still waiting for something more than your opinion....

But feel free to rant on, even if you're currently encumbered by your biology,  it doesn't get you a pass.

My opinion on Jenner wasn't about getting me a pass.

I don't need an excuse to be a bitch.

Apparently, you don't either.

Again, when it infringes on your rights, then you complain.

The possibility (and I agree, this is going to be a fight. Hell, it already is a fight) of them infringing on your rights in the future does not give you to infringe on their rights, ever.

Nobody is forcing you to do jack.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2015, 10:47:29 PM »
I suppose.

But "she" is not really a "she" until "she" has had the surgery. Until then, "she" is just a transvestite he.

I consider it to be polite to use the preferred pronoun of the person in question under general circumstances (as long as I can easily identify what that pronouns is)

I only use the technical pronoun or combined pronoun when I am trying to discuss specifics or I am intentionally being rude.

I apologies in advance if my personal opinions on polite behavior regarding transgender persons infringes on anyone's rights. ;/

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #63 on: September 04, 2015, 10:51:13 PM »
My opinion on Jenner wasn't about getting me a pass.

I don't need an excuse to be a bitch.

Apparently, you don't either.

Again, when it infringes on your rights, then you complain.

The possibility (and I agree, this is going to be a fight. Hell, it already is a fight) of them infringing on your rights in the future does not give you to infringe on their rights, ever.

Nobody is forcing you to do jack.

'

Ok then...

You win.  The amount of circular non-logic here is past me even attempting to follow.

White Horseradish

• friend
« Reply #64 on: September 04, 2015, 10:55:48 PM »

I must be going to the wrong bathrooms. Never seen or heard a battle in one, just farts and running water...  =D
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #65 on: September 04, 2015, 10:58:00 PM »
'

Ok then...

You win.  The amount of circular non-logic here is past me even attempting to follow.

Explain how this is circular? Please, do.

Seriously, I don't get how you don't get this.

Person does thing to themselves. That is their right.

Person forces you to do thing. That is not their right. Infringes on your rights.

Explain how transgender person in OP getting surgery infringes on your rights (assuming that she pays for it out of her own pocket)

Explain why her parents have the right to tell her that she can't do this thing and how that affects you, personally.

And, because she may or may not use this to attempt to force public acceptance of her personal choices in the future doesn't count.
Because it doesn't, and when she does, than you have something to fight over.

freakazoid

• friend
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #67 on: September 04, 2015, 11:02:18 PM »
I must be going to the wrong bathrooms. Never seen or heard a battle in one, just farts and running water...  =D

I seriously don't get the fuss on this one.

I use public restrooms A LOT (genetically small bladder equals means I identify bathroom locations the same way paranoid people locate the exits) and, I'm telling you, on the ladies side, there is nothing exciting to see. Maybe on the dudes side, since you manly men pee in the open, but on the woman's side, it's all closed doors and the anemic tinkles of woman trying to pee quietly.

freakazoid

• friend
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

brimic

• friends
« Reply #69 on: September 05, 2015, 12:15:19 AM »

What? No sword fights?
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #70 on: September 05, 2015, 12:35:14 AM »
Do Yankees use white cornmeal or yellow?
"It's good, though..."

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #71 on: September 05, 2015, 08:00:02 AM »
Do Yankees use white cornmeal or yellow?
I don't care if you are a Yankee or not, you had better not feed your dog any cornmeal, or you are Satan.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #72 on: September 05, 2015, 08:33:42 AM »
...I couldn't possibly understand the ramifications of the current efforts of the transgender community to force acceptance...

Both of you need some moral fortitude. You sit and whine "oh, but if we let them do this (which is perfectly legit) than they'll do that (which isn't) and we MUST STOP THEM!!" and never mind that you are both old enough and (supposedly) mature enough to figure out how to sepperate the difference between something that affects you and something that doesn't.

You want to rant and rail? Do it when the specifics affect YOU, personally. That's when you draw the line.
You keep drawing it before that point and you loose all *expletive deleted*ing credibility. No one is going to listing to you when the fight gets personal, because all you've done is establish that you think transgender people are ewwy. And nobody cares about people who are so juvinial that they base their political stance on what they think is ewwy.

We have now sunk to a depth at which restatement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men.
- George Orwell

Other than the occasional rare cases of androgyny there are two sexes, male and female. Once again let me state, the rare exceptions prove the rule.

All of your bloviating, ranting and raving doesn't change that fact.

I will continue to speak out out against those who want to upend all of culture and society to implement their insane cultural Marxist delusions.

Every case like this that is splashed across the media is for propaganda and the social conditioning of the bourgeois. The proletariat are already lost. The middle class and their values must be destroyed.

There is a term for those that promote this type of confusion without understanding the underlying reason it has been introduced into society.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Useful_idiot  <- read it, it fits

« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 08:46:50 AM by Ron »

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #73 on: September 06, 2015, 12:55:11 AM »
I consider it to be polite to use the preferred pronoun of the person in question under general circumstances (as long as I can easily identify what that pronouns is)

You don't need to apologize. I just don't happen to agree with you. A male can't just "self-identify" as a woman any more than that white woman can "self-identify" as a black woman. I'm actually being very lenient recognizing the surgery as marking a switch, because the surgery doesn't alter the body chemistry or the DNA.

My view is that I don't think it's polite for people to claim to be something other than what they are, and I don't think it's polite for men to use the ladies' room.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #74 on: September 06, 2015, 04:54:59 AM »
Other than the occasional rare cases of androgyny there are two sexes, male and female. Once again let me state, the rare exceptions prove the rule.

Well, maybe there are more exceptions to the rule than you think.  Roughly speaking, you have the brain and the body.

Turns out that the brain can have a gender, and that sometimes it can be the opposite gender from the body.  Call it an 'invisible' case of androgyny.  Because these types can usually say that they 'should' have been the opposite sex from even before puberty.

Please note that these types are NOT 'Gender-fluid' or the other crap I've seen strewn about.  There are a few of that type out there, but they're generally even more screwed in the head and/or simply seeking attention.

If anything, true transgender types support the binary sex theory - they don't want to be 'in between' - they want to be ONE sex.

All of your bloviating, ranting and raving doesn't change that fact.

I'd be careful about these statements, you've been ranting and such as bit yourself.

I will continue to speak out out against those who want to upend all of culture and society to implement their insane cultural Marxist delusions.

Shouldn't we then continue to speak out against mad conspiracy theories?  I doubt most transsexuals are marxists.  Instead, this statement seems to be a conspiracy theory on YOUR part.

What the hell does sexual reassignment surgery for willing, even eager, people have to do with destroying the middle class?

I'm actually being very lenient recognizing the surgery as marking a switch, because the surgery doesn't alter the body chemistry or the DNA.

No, the hormones they're on for at least 6 months before the surgery change the chemistry, and there are XY females out there and (much fewer) XX Males out there that haven't needed a single bit of surgery.

Personally, I'm for them switching bathrooms when they can pass as their chosen sex under casual scrutiny, not the removal of underwear.  Or are you in the habit of using toilets where there's no stalls?

I don't think it's polite for men to use the ladies' room.

Is this possibly the core problem?  Concerned for the 'purity' of the women-folk?  You do realize that there are Female to Male types out there, right? 

Hell, one 'fairly masculine' 100% natural female was assaulted some time ago, people thought she was a trannie.  The male security guard followed her into the women's restroom and physically assaulted her before hauling her out.  I imagine he was a bit shocked when he was hauled to jail instead.