Author Topic: Color me corny  (Read 888 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Color me corny
« on: September 15, 2015, 04:54:07 PM »
Video of the air force guy from train in France. Check out the ears. The bad guy chose poorly. I think that kids a wrestler or boxer.
Nice what kimmel hooked him up with

Can someone smarter than me make the vid available for the nonfacebook folk?
https://www.facebook.com/charles.riggs/posts/10206723846646457

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Re: Color me corny
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2015, 05:13:07 PM »
^^^^Tried clicking on the link, while logged into FB and it wouldn't let me view it.   TL;DR  Linky no worky.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2015, 05:18:29 PM »
Is this the pic?

"It's good, though..."

• friends
Color me corny
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2015, 06:04:13 PM »
Here's the video
http://youtu.be/R-W5iVj3b_w

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2015, 06:43:33 PM »
Saw part of an interview where I think he referenced a choke hold as a jiu-jitsu or wrestling technique.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

• friends
Re:
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2015, 07:05:27 PM »
His ears look like he knows what a mat smells like

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2015, 08:19:21 PM »
And the USAF is promoting him to S/SGT, which he'll need the pay to afford the insurance on that Camaro...
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2015, 09:39:11 PM »
Still does not have the Airman's Medal?  Why?  :mad:

And shouldn't he have the Legion of Honor ribbon above his right pocket?  (If not wearing the actual medal around his neck?)

Still and all, an American Hero.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2015, 09:44:02 PM »
Still does not have the Airman's Medal?  Why?  :mad:

And shouldn't he have the Legion of Honor ribbon above his right pocket?  (If not wearing the actual medal around his neck?)

Still and all, an American Hero.

stay safe.

You expect anything in government to move quickly?

http://www.airforcetimes.com/story/military/2015/09/14/hero-airman-spencer-stone--receive-purple-heart/72255752/

Defense Secretary Ash Carter will preside over the award ceremony Thursday at which Stone will receive the Purple Heart, as well as the Airman's Medal,
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

• friends
Re:
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2015, 04:15:36 AM »
Survivor/winners attitude
And he had experience fighting.  It's why I teach my girls to fight. The inexperienced have to process while the experienced are already in action

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2015, 08:30:01 AM »
Two things -

1 - the article says the French awarded him (and the other two) the Legion of Merit.  I was under the impression it was the Legion of Honor.  Or is the SecAF just mixed up?

2 -
"In case you missed it, let me assure you, because I watched Jimmy Kimmel the other night, Spencer Stone will not have any difficulty getting here to Washington, because he was just awarded a brand new Camaro," James said. "So he's got a sweet new ride."

Why are they not flying him on some sort of corporate jet level of AF equipment?

If you told me I had to put 6000+ miles on my POV (and presumably cover room & board out of my pocket both ways) I would be telling you to drop the medals in a padded mailer and send them to me.

As I typed the above I realized I have a 3rd question - given the international nature of the events leading to the awarding of the two medals, why is the CiC absenting himself?

Yes, I know it is a stupid question.  Just make believe it's rhetorical.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2015, 09:05:20 AM »
And the USAF is promoting him to S/SGT, which he'll need the pay to afford the insurance on that Camaro...

Probably purchased as an E2..... :laugh:
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2015, 10:23:41 AM »
Just watched the video.  As with all true heroes I've ever heard speak about their actions, he minimized his own acts and the risks to himself while highlighting the acts of others.

Another thing I had missed along the way.  Airman here is wounded pretty significantly in the process, yet after bad guy is down, our hero begins giving medical aid to others.  Makes him even more admirable IMHO. 
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2015, 03:39:16 PM »

You are the guy they are moving to keep track of the planes flying around our nation's capital?  The job that requires close attention to detail?

:facepalm:

Kind of reminds me of

stay safe.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2015, 05:28:36 PM »

Nope, given to him by Jimmy Kimmel (or the show or Chevy or the GS Warriors or a combination of the above) on the show.

And the USAF will fly him to wherever the award ceremony will be.  I wonder what they are going to give the NG soldier who was with them...
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.