Author Topic: New season of Dr. Who!  (Read 756 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
New season of Dr. Who!
« on: September 19, 2015, 09:15:40 AM »
Kicks off tonight on BBC America at 9 p.m. Eastern!

I was really on the fence about Peter Capaldi last season, but the more I watched, the more he grew on me.

Even better, BBC America, starting at 9 a.m. Eastern tomorrow, is going to be showing the best of Tom Baker's run as Dr. Who.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re: New season of Dr. Who!
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2015, 09:34:54 AM »
I was really on the fence about Peter Capaldi last season, but the more I watched, the more he grew on me.

That has been my feelings about many of the Doctors over the years.

I haven't had cable or true internet for several years now. In the next month or so I'll have cable again and will have to catch up with the series.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2015, 10:23:52 AM »
Kicks off tonight on BBC America at 9 p.m. Eastern!

Even better, BBC America, starting at 9 a.m. Eastern tomorrow, is going to be showing the best of Tom Baker's run as Dr. Who.

It's the dramatic eyebrows. :D  I'm glad Missy is going to be back.  Clara is cute but I don't like her character; she lies too easily.  I'm ready for her to leave.

BTW, it's "Doctor" not "Dr" because it's a name and not a title (I'll just correct you once, if you keep spelling it wrong I don't really care ;)
"It's good, though..."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2015, 01:09:46 PM »
I'm still unsure about Capaldi, but I'm getting more optimistic.  I have heard rumours that Jenna-Louise Coleman is leaving after this years Christmas special, but I haven't seen any official conformation.

TBH Clara was is like third or forth on my list of companions of the new series.  Not as bad as Donna, but kinda eh.

I'm definitely watching tonight.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2015, 01:14:01 PM »
It's the dramatic eyebrows. :D  I'm glad Missy is going to be back.  Clara is cute but I don't like her character; she lies too easily.  I'm ready for her to leave.

BTW, it's "Doctor" not "Dr" because it's a name and not a title (I'll just correct you once, if you keep spelling it wrong I don't really care ;)

Saying Dr. is no different than saying Pete for someone named Peter.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2015, 01:16:35 PM »
My favorite companion is, hands down, Karen Gillan.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2015, 06:19:48 PM »
My favorite companion is, hands down, Karen Gillan.

Mine too, then I rewatch some Rose Tyler episodes. She was bad ass.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2015, 08:00:20 PM »
Mine too, then I rewatch some Rose Tyler episodes. She was bad ass.

Yeah... but the red hair....

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2015, 08:06:23 PM »
Yeah... but the red hair....

I know.....plus the accent.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2015, 10:16:09 PM »
Came here to post something.  Saw that pic and forgot what I was gonna say.
"It's good, though..."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2015, 10:42:02 AM »
Didn't watch it last night... Recorded it.

Penn State kicked off at 8 p.m., and I wanted to see how they were going to do against Rutgers. They looked like some of the PSU teams of old -- solid defense and a humming offense that was running the ball pretty much at will.

And yes, Jenna Coleman will be leaving Doctor Who sometime this season. She's signed on to play the young Queen Victoria in a series on BBC. The only problem with that is that Jenna Coleman is smoking hot, and Queen Victoria was pretty damned ugly.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2015, 04:56:52 PM »
I know.....plus the accent.

No doubt about it, it's her accent...
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2015, 06:11:27 PM »
I just figured out the Missy character.  She's an evil Mary Poppins!  The costume is right.  Looks just like her too, except for the cheekbones.
"It's good, though..."