Author Topic: U.S. Soldiers Told to Ignore Afghan Allies’ Abuse of Boys  (Read 2836 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
U.S. Soldiers Told to Ignore Afghan Allies’ Abuse of Boys
« on: September 20, 2015, 10:41:10 PM »
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/09/21/world/asia/us-soldiers-told-to-ignore-afghan-allies-abuse-of-boys.html

Article gives a quick overview of the policy from the perspective of a few of our servicemen.

Not all that surprised given todays military and civilian leadership that a policy of tolerating pederasty...on us bases...for cultural reasons reigned. 

Part and parcel of the greater degraded culture.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: U.S. Soldiers Told to Ignore Afghan Allies’ Abuse of Boys
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 12:29:51 AM »
Love wins.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2015, 07:09:56 AM »
This is not the first time, and IIRC previous iterations of the story involved those a lot more close to the situation and senior to a L/Cpl who dies in 2012.*

Also, IIRC, several US servicemen got into some sort of official as well as diplomatic trouble for addressing the issue privately with someone wh turned out to be politically connected.

Which all brings up the perennial question - why are we trying to turn <___>s into Americans?  I thought that Viet Nam proved that lyin' Lyndon was wrong when he said there were Americans inside those little yellow people, just trying to get out and be free.  Changing the location and/or the skin color is all that is different now from all the other times.  "Freedom"?  "Democracy"?  What makes you think those things even matter to Achmed and his neighbors?

Mess with their ways and you can quickly end up like many of the cultural anthropologist evangelical missionaries of the past - invited to be dinner.  Or shot or blown up for more reasons than just because you are in their country.

So, skidmark, you ask, what's the answer?  How about if we leave all our toys behind and send our troops back home?  Let them kill each other until someone emerges as king of the hill and see if they are going to want to carry jihad to us - in which case we can construct the world's biggest glass ashtray.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2015, 09:18:01 AM »
The boy rape policy is no doubt in place with full knowledge and endorsement by the Commander in Chief.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2015, 09:45:47 AM »

Yeah, that's been a long staple in Afghanistan. Dancing boys is another term used.

It's not just limited to Afghanistan. Western contractors (mostly American) were sexually abusing minors and hiding behind the legal protections we had for contractors. DynCorps made the news, but I saw other contractors doing it as well. In addition to the rampant corrupt at KBR. I personally am aware of DynCorps employees committing rape, engaging in human trafficking and severe child abuse in Bosnia, Kosovo, Afghanistan and Columbia. Of underage boys and girls. If you think this is limited to just Afghani army and police, you're extremely mistaken.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2015, 09:49:56 AM »
^^^I recall also reading several articles about this happening with UN peacekeeping troops, at various locales.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2015, 09:52:33 AM »
^^^I recall also reading several articles about this happening with UN peacekeeping troops, at various locales.

Me too.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2015, 09:57:49 AM »

Yeah, seeing it in person and being able to do nothing about it... is another story entirely.

It's a global problem. Here in the West, we generally do punish the offenders when they are caught. But only a percentage are actually caught. In a lot of places, they're not caught and are actively protected by the authorities.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2015, 10:46:01 AM »
Yeah, seeing it in person and being able to do nothing about it... is another story entirely.

It's a global problem. Here in the West, we generally do punish the offenders when they are caught. But only a percentage are actually caught. In a lot of places, they're not caught and are actively protected by the authorities.

It's all about money.
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2015, 11:23:58 AM »
Better hone your cultural sensitivity and moral relativism, as BHO is bringing more over to America.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2015, 11:25:46 AM »
Better hone your cultural sensitivity and moral relativism, as BHO is bringing more over to America.

Adding more colors to the rainbow flag.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2015, 01:10:09 PM »
It's part of the bents plans to bugger all Americans. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2015, 01:33:30 PM »
http://www.unz.com/isteve/the-only-solution-is-for-america-and-europe-to-import-lots-more-afghans-and-not-be-prejudiced-against-their-vibrantly-diverse-culture/

The Taliban first won power in the 1990s when two of the traditional warlords got into a civil war over the affections of a particularly winsome youth. The fundamentalist Taliban were against boy play, which made them more popular...

Anyway, in the big picture, the only solution within our Grand Strategy of Invade the World, Invite the World is to have everybody in Afghanistan move to Europe and America, which will help expose intolerant nativist bigots who can’t put with diverse cultural practices.

The Pathans/Pushtuns have a lovely culture, from which we could learn much. I’ve posted some Pathan Proverbs here for your edification.

http://isteve.blogspot.com/2006/09/pushtun-proverbs.html
Women belong in the house or in the grave.

Women have no noses. They will eat s***.

One’s own mother and sister are disgusting.

When the floodwaters reach your chin, put your son beneath your feet.

Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2015, 02:11:28 PM »
Please tell me that's satire.

Verbiage written by Sailer is very much satire. 

OTOH, the Pathan proverbs are straight.

Poe's Law is in effect:
Poe's law is an Internet adage which states that, without a clear indicator of the author's intent, parodies of extreme views will, to some readers, be indistinguishable from sincere expressions of the parodied views.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2015, 03:03:59 PM »
Hmmm...

Maybe a hard nosed CnC could make a policy that anyone engaged in child rape or human trafficking with either multiple witnesses, or evidence, such as photographs, or medical exam of the victim, must be executed by a firing squad detail led by the local XO/Commander on scene.

The whole excuse that it'll endanger "hearts n minds" seems weak to me, because being harsh on pedophiles (at least publicly), and freeing "dancing boys" from local warlords in Afghanistan is one of the things that got the Taliban welcomed into the region in the first place.

And if we think that having to occupy someplace with garrison forces that will run the risk of having to execute locals for short-eyes is going to be too difficult, then maybe we can reconsider if it's someplace we ought to be occupying.
I promise not to duck.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2015, 04:31:56 PM »
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/09/21/world/asia/us-soldiers-told-to-ignore-afghan-allies-abuse-of-boys.html

Article gives a quick overview of the policy from the perspective of a few of our servicemen.

Not all that surprised given todays military and civilian leadership that a policy of tolerating pederasty...on us bases...for cultural reasons reigned. 

Part and parcel of the greater degraded culture.

I think it's part of the top brass (CiC and joint chiefs level) campaign to destroy the morale of the military.  Too many recent examples for it not to be deliberate.
"It's good, though..."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2015, 05:44:55 PM »
I think it's part of the top brass (CiC and joint chiefs level) campaign to destroy the morale of the military.  Too many recent examples for it not to be deliberate.
I am agreeing with this sentiment more and more, however, stupidity is a powerful force. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2015, 07:24:13 PM »
I am agreeing with this sentiment more and more, however, stupidity is a powerful force. 

Tolerance stacking. "This little feelgood gesture/program won't really hurt anything and improves my promotion prospects" multiplied across units and branches and years = gradual decline in performance until eventual critical failure.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

grampster

• friend
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2015, 07:39:04 PM »
What you see on display is the Progtard gospel of Cultural Relativism/Moral Equivalence/Situational Ethics.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2015, 10:27:36 PM »
It's disgusting. But it's not an Obama problem. Existed prior to him.

*that is to say, it's not his doing. he certainly could *expletive deleted*ing FIX IT, if he cared to. But he doesn't. Nobody does. Because our government and leadership are spineless, morally bankrupt f *expletive deleted*faces with no redeeming qualities
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2015, 07:52:06 AM »
It's disgusting. But it's not an Obama problem. Existed prior to him.

*that is to say, it's not his doing. he certainly could *expletive deleted*ing FIX IT, if he cared to. But he doesn't. Nobody does. Because our government and leadership are spineless, morally bankrupt f *expletive deleted*faces with no redeeming qualities

Been that way as long as I can remember
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2015, 11:22:35 AM »

Maliciousness would actually make me feel better. The reality is far more easy and simple. Officers have to spend their careers spending at least half their career watching their career, at best. Any minor slip up could be essentially the end of the road, typical zero tolerance quicksand. The good officers get weeded out pretty quick, usually by Captain. They want to be in the military and do military stuff. They don't long for endless politics, mindless paperwork and spending more time furthering their career than doing their actual job. By the time you hit Colonel, you either need to be on par with a deity in terms of competence, or you need to play the game.

Essentially, the campaign to destroy the morale of the military is just thousands of examples of petty office politics, not some grand conspiracy.