Author Topic: This would leave a mark - if it were not for immidiate thread drift  (Read 1119 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2015/10/03/gun-control-if-journalists-were-murdered-instead-of-school-children/

Apparently the ability to focus is less out there in the wild than even here at APS.  :facepalm:

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: This would leave a mark - if it were not for immidiate thread drift
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 08:28:22 PM »
I think the author has a valid point. If a series of "mass media" venues were the subjects of mass murders, I don't think there would be any lessening of the demands for more gun control, but I DO think that we would see a whole lot of newspaper offices and television stations installing armed guards, and journalists buying guns and getting carry permits.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2015, 09:59:44 PM »
He's got a point.

We had a liberal customer in the lobby when we heard the news about the latest one.

Literally, the first thing out of her mouth was "There are too many guns in this country."

First thing she said. Not even a "That's horrible news!" or "what a tragedy!" before straight to "too many guns."

And you absolutely cannot steer the conversation away from guns. They will not hear it, won't even consider it.

And I can see his point, the national news media and Democrats have pushed and pushed too the point where the country cannot seem to think, for even a second, before immediately going for the "obvious" issue of guns in this country.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 05:16:13 PM »
I got IRL unfriended the same day bowl cut shot everyone in Charleston. I like guns, he likes guns, we must be the same. No, the conversation will never steer away from guns.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.