Author Topic: Prayer request  (Read 1177 times)

Stand_watie

• friend
Prayer request
« on: November 12, 2006, 10:03:25 AM »
My little bro's closest childhood friend, was killed in Iraq yesterday. Don't know details yet.

He was a precious little boy with a constant smile. My brother of course is hurting, but nothing compared to what his family will be going through. His dad was my sunday school teacher and a truly quality guy.

He left behind his parents, a brother (who currently works with my brother) a sister, and worst I guess, a wife and 4 small kids - three little boys and an infant daughter.

He'd be 30 next spring.

I'll post details as they hit the news, but his parents and little brother are out of the country right now - I don't want to put it on the internet until I know they've been notified.

Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

Stand_watie

• friend
Re: Prayer request
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2006, 10:29:00 AM »
O.k., a little more detail, but still sketchy as to what happened. His family has already been notified.

He's "Jack" Jackson, I believe his proper name is William jr., but he's never used it, always been Jack or Jacky.

He's a former Marine who served in Afghanistan and re-enlisted in the Army, a unit out of Saginaw, Michigan. He worked in an armored vehicle clearing roads for convoys.
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2006, 10:50:08 AM »
So sorry to hear that.  Prayers have been sent for all concerned.
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2006, 11:19:25 AM »
I think my friend's son is in that same unit. I'm sorry.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2006, 02:25:51 PM »
Prayers sent...
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Bob F.

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2006, 03:26:46 PM »
Prayers sent (and if I had the right to "hand salute", I would).
"I always have my primary weapon, it's right between my ears."

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2006, 07:01:34 PM »
I'll pray for his family for sure.  I hope his kids grow up knowing what kind of man their dad was.

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2006, 07:02:58 PM »
Will gladly say a prayer.
Andy

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2006, 07:48:38 PM »
Here is the A.P. release

Maine native killed by roadside bomb in Iraq
November 13, 2006

PORTLAND, Maine --A Thomaston native who served with the Marines in Afghanistan and later joined the Army and was sent to Iraq was killed on Veterans Day by a roadside bomb in Ramadi.

Sgt. William Samuel Jackson II, a 29-year-old father of four, had been in Iraq since the beginning of the year but had come home in April to visit his family at their home in Michigan after the birth of his first daughter.

"He loved his kids and he loved his wife but he also loved being a soldier," said Michael Reed, who was principal of Calvary Family School in Warren when Jackson graduated in 1995.

Jackson, whom everyone referred to as "Jack," met his future wife while both were attending Northland Baptist Bible College in Wisconsin. The two both joined the military, Reed said.

With a growing family, Jackson left the service after his 18-month tour in Afghanistan and was thinking about returning to college to study marine biology, Reed recalled. "The next thing I knew, he decided to join the Army," he said.

Reed remembered Jackson as "a quiet person who almost always had a smile. He was serious, yet had a good sense of humor."

Jackson's parents were notified of his death while they were in the Dominican Republic on a business trip.

Members of Maine's congressional delegation issued statements expressing condolences to Jackson's family.

"Sgt. Jackson's sacrifice serves as a reminder of the constant danger faced by our troops overseas. We must never forget the sacrifices they and their families make on our behalf," said U.S. Rep. Tom Allen
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"