Author Topic: El Faro Has Likely Sunk  (Read 9264 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: El Faro Has Likely Sunk
« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2015, 10:04:08 AM »
I wonder if he actually thought he could outrun the brunt of the storm (which seems to be the likeliest non-tinfoil explanation)? They must have the latest WX and WX radar aboard those ships. I wonder if like people with GPS in their cars, he gave too much allowance to the precision of current and predictive WX, and just cut things too close?

Or worse, was encouraged to cut things too close by the company in the name of time and $$$.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2015, 10:30:33 AM »
I wonder if he actually thought he could outrun the brunt of the storm (which seems to be the likeliest non-tinfoil explanation)? They must have the latest WX and WX radar aboard those ships. I wonder if like people with GPS in their cars, he gave too much allowance to the precision of current and predictive WX, and just cut things too close?

Or worse, was encouraged to cut things too close by the company in the name of time and $$$.

Good point. The article just struck me as odd. But hey, we (the general public), once never thought someone would pull a "suicide by airliner", so suicide by cargo boat is not that far of s stretch.

Your deduction is most likely the closest to what happened.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2015, 11:29:23 AM »
Good point. The article just struck me as odd. But hey, we (the general public), once never thought someone would pull a "suicide by airliner", so suicide by cargo boat is not that far of s stretch.

Your deduction is most likely the closest to what happened.

Wasn't calling you out on tinfoil, by the way - sometimes it's not clear on the forum vs talking in person. The German pilot is certainly a good example of the unexpected.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2015, 11:43:41 AM »
The German pilot is certainly a good example of the unexpected.

As is the Spanish Inquisition!
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?