Author Topic: Walking dead season 6 (spoilers within)  (Read 46371 times)

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
Re: Walking dead season 6 (spoilers within)
« Reply #100 on: November 22, 2015, 09:06:01 PM »
Told you so.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re:
« Reply #101 on: November 22, 2015, 09:07:46 PM »
YES!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #102 on: November 22, 2015, 11:15:12 PM »
Glen lives!!!!!
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #103 on: November 22, 2015, 11:17:52 PM »
Okay, skinny Glen slid under the dumpster.  :laugh:

My question now is, who cried for help on the radio? Unless I missed it, Glen didn't do so while under the dumpster. Possibly someone from next week's episode? I'm not sure what the episode time synch is between the bait vehicle scenes and Alexandria.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re:
« Reply #104 on: November 23, 2015, 12:00:49 AM »
It's a 24 hour sequence. My bet on who called is now the couple who stole Darryl's bike.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #105 on: November 23, 2015, 06:24:26 AM »
It's a 24 hour sequence. My bet on who called is now the couple who stole Darryl's bike.

That was my thought too at the time.  I didn't even consider Glen until you guys mentioned it a few posts ago.

Chris

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #106 on: November 23, 2015, 09:49:55 AM »
One thing that changed for me in last night's episode is that there is now a *expletive deleted*che teenager on there so bad that I'm rooting for Carl.  :laugh:

Then there was this (paraphrased):

Rick to Maggie: "We've got lots of time to think things through and do everything right."

Michonne to Rick: "What about getting the Alexandria people in on this?"

Rick to Michonne: "We don't have time."*

:laugh:

*Yes, I know this was just Rick still not trusting the residents.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #107 on: November 23, 2015, 11:44:26 AM »
Wait what? I  watched the last episode and missed the Glenn alive part. I must have dozed off  :old:
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #108 on: November 23, 2015, 12:44:08 PM »
Glen alive happened in like the first 5 minutes...

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #109 on: November 23, 2015, 12:46:16 PM »
Oh, and no one is freaking losing their minds that Lori is back?

(In the form of Judith, as observed by Maggie?)

No cry and hue for Judith to be fed to walkers because she's worthless, idealistic, and weak?

Wow. You guys surprise me...

But, I bet had Maggie said Judith was beginning to look a lot like Shane the walker feeding would have happened....  >:D

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re:
« Reply #110 on: November 23, 2015, 08:37:09 PM »

Me too.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #111 on: November 29, 2015, 10:55:22 PM »
Well, I would have never guessed who the "help" came from.

Triphammer

• friend
« Reply #112 on: November 30, 2015, 12:43:27 AM »
I may have to stop watching after tonight. When the Wolf had a knife to the Doc two women, who regularly make running head shots, give up their weapons rather than open fire. STUPID STUPID STUPID!!!!!

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #113 on: November 30, 2015, 02:16:32 AM »
I may have to stop watching after tonight. When the Wolf had a knife to the Doc two women, who regularly make running head shots, give up their weapons rather than open fire. STUPID STUPID STUPID!!!!!

Indeed.  That was even worse than Morgan's stupidity.  Speaking of which: when someone says he's going to kill you, take him at his word.

And then there's Sam. 

"Mom."

"Mom."

"Mom."

"MOM!"

When you're trying to sneak through a herd of walkers, shut the *expletive deleted*ck up.  Seriously, I hope he gets eaten.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #114 on: November 30, 2015, 09:59:46 AM »
Yup, several WTFs in this episode. I want both her kids to be eaten. Regarding the Wolf, as much as Morgan is to blame, Carol was not too bright creating her "must kill him now" distraction. It looks like the writers are making her and Morgan Ying and Yang.

Then of course the topper of "let's give the maniac who kills everybody just for fun our guns because all of a sudden we have can no longer make miraculous head shots".

I thought that the scenes with Deanna, Rick, and Michonne were really good though.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #115 on: November 30, 2015, 10:26:00 AM »
Yeah, these last few episodes have really had a LOT of  :facepalm: moments in them...

It's about time they pulled out the walker camouflage again.

And the whole time Alexandria has been surrounded I've been wondering... did the walkers really flood the ENTIRE circumference? That really doesn't make much sense...

and...

Why the hell haven't they been working to reduce the numbers with a little stabby stabby from the walls?

and

If they did surround the entire circumference, why haven't they worked to open a gap through which someone could get outside (using the aforementioned walker camouflage) WITH THE GODDAMNED FLARE GUNS THAT RICK SAYS ARE IN THE ARMORY AND START SHOOTING THE DAMNED FLARES TO START THE HERD MOVING AWAY?!!!

I really like this show, but given that Rick's group has been working through and surviving for the past couple of years, you'd think that they would have learned at least a FEW things about surviving walkers.

I know the writers are trying to make things dramatic, but it's really getting to the point where they're being insulting as hell to the fan base because they have the characters make the same mistakes over and over and over and over and over.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #116 on: November 30, 2015, 10:58:03 AM »
Yeah, these last few episodes have really had a LOT of  :facepalm: moments in them...

It's about time they pulled out the walker camouflage again.

And the whole time Alexandria has been surrounded I've been wondering... did the walkers really flood the ENTIRE circumference? That really doesn't make much sense...

and...

Why the hell haven't they been working to reduce the numbers with a little stabby stabby from the walls?

and

If they did surround the entire circumference, why haven't they worked to open a gap through which someone could get outside (using the aforementioned walker camouflage) WITH THE GODDAMNED FLARE GUNS THAT RICK SAYS ARE IN THE ARMORY AND START SHOOTING THE DAMNED FLARES TO START THE HERD MOVING AWAY?!!!

I really like this show, but given that Rick's group has been working through and surviving for the past couple of years, you'd think that they would have learned at least a FEW things about surviving walkers.

I know the writers are trying to make things dramatic, but it's really getting to the point where they're being insulting as hell to the fan base because they have the characters make the same mistakes over and over and over and over and over.

This whole thing with the walkers at the walls made me think that with a .22 rifle, a couple of bricks of ammo, a couple of days of work, the whole herd could have been eliminated with minimal effort.  Hell, even after they came through the fence, sitting on a roof picking off walkers wouldn't have been too hard.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #117 on: November 30, 2015, 11:04:41 AM »
This whole thing with the walkers at the walls made me think that with a .22 rifle, a couple of bricks of ammo, a couple of days of work, the whole herd could have been eliminated with minimal effort.  Hell, even after they came through the fence, sitting on a roof picking off walkers wouldn't have been too hard.

.22 apparently does not exist in the Walking Dead universe.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #118 on: November 30, 2015, 12:22:41 PM »

I've been screaming about a Ruger 10/22 and Hot Lips mags for years.

Why in the hell did they apparently forget about, or abandon, suppressors?

If they were smart, they'd go back to the damned quarry, blow the road to turn it into a pit in the ground, and turn it into one hell of a big walker trap.

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #119 on: November 30, 2015, 01:54:08 PM »
Yup, several WTFs in this episode. I want both her kids to be eaten. Regarding the Wolf, as much as Morgan is to blame, Carol was not too bright creating her "must kill him now" distraction.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Carol have a handgun in a holster on her hip?  Why resort to the knife?  Because the writers wanted to make the fight "fair" (knife vs. quarterstaff)?

HankB

• friend
« Reply #120 on: November 30, 2015, 02:12:36 PM »
One more thing that puzzles me . . . walkers are attracted to noise, right? Well, when walkers start gasping (some variation of "ARGGGH!") . . . why don't they attract other walkers? Seems like there should be big piles of walkers around the countryside, all making gasping noises, with hardly any walking around loose by themselves . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #121 on: November 30, 2015, 02:22:02 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Carol have a handgun in a holster on her hip?  Why resort to the knife?  Because the writers wanted to make the fight "fair" (knife vs. quarterstaff)?

My guess is that she didn't want to attract walkers. Then again, they all seem to enjoy using itty bitty knives all the time. Plus yeah, shooting him first thing takes away from all the drama. Kinda like in James Bond movies where the villain talks on and on about how he's gonna kill Bond, then Bond escapes and kills the villain.  :laugh:

Though you can kill a bad guy first thing and without a lot of talk and still have drama:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAMRhP-zji8

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #122 on: November 30, 2015, 02:32:30 PM »
Though you can kill a bad guy first thing and without a lot of talk and still have drama:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAMRhP-zji8

Yes you can:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PP9eiXMPLcQ

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #124 on: November 30, 2015, 04:19:36 PM »
A classic!  :laugh:

Including Costner peeling off about 15 shots in a row from a Peacemaker...