Author Topic: Walking dead season 6 (spoilers within)  (Read 46375 times)

Blakenzy

• friend
Re: Walking dead season 6 (spoilers within)
« Reply #275 on: April 05, 2016, 12:25:45 PM »
No way a MAC10 would fit and operate reliably in the sleeve, magazine and all...

Knowing that a large sector of their audience are into firearms in one way or the other, I sometimes think that they sould be a little more careful with the artistic liberties they take with portraying baltantly impossible deeds with guns... but then I remember that this is a show about zombies.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #276 on: April 05, 2016, 01:43:17 PM »
Uhm....

Then she has the fastest trigger finger ever.

And the largest cylinder.

The sound over was automatic weapons fire.

Yup:  https://youtu.be/zCQkW2GlWK0?t=20

Full-auto sound effect, Saviors fall down, then the scene cuts to the smoldering sleeve on Carol's coat.  The sound effect at that point sounds like a double-action trigger being pulled repeatedly, so she kept pulling the trigger on her magic pistol after she ran out of ammo in her magic magazine.

"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #277 on: April 05, 2016, 02:06:42 PM »
Yup:  https://youtu.be/zCQkW2GlWK0?t=20

Full-auto sound effect, Saviors fall down, then the scene cuts to the smoldering sleeve on Carol's coat.  The sound effect at that point sounds like a double-action trigger being pulled repeatedly, so she kept pulling the trigger on her magic pistol after she ran out of ammo in her magic magazine.

Obviously battery powered sleeve minigun like the one Jesse Ventura carried in the jungle in the original Predator movie...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #278 on: April 05, 2016, 02:24:52 PM »
I was kind of wondering if it was a Calico under the sleeve, but not sure about the full auto or the trigger noises. It might work for the magazine not protruding on the bottom. Probably issues with the ejection though. I suppose it was just a 30 round revolver and she is now able to shoot like Jerry Miculek.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #279 on: April 06, 2016, 08:21:58 AM »
I've still not watched the episode. Just haven't had time.

But I've read some of the reviews online, and they are uniformly pissed off beyond measure, not only at the pace and quality of the final episode, but at the pace and quality of the entire second half of the season.

I have to agree that, by and large, the second half doesn't come remotely close to matching the first half, except the episode where Carol and Maggie are held by the women Saviors. I thought that one was a freaking home run.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #280 on: April 06, 2016, 09:22:00 AM »
The first couple episodes of the second half were great.
This Negan introduction sucked, except seeing Rick lose his *expletive deleted*it at being outplayed and what a maniacal dick Negan is.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

HankB

• friend
« Reply #281 on: April 06, 2016, 10:13:50 AM »
Final episode was cr@p for multiple reasons.

Especially how, in the dark, walking through the woods to get around the road blocks, they simply walked into a circle of whistling Neganites who knew exactly where they were going to go and exactly which route they were taking . . . I doubt if the guy they left with the RV could have squealed and given up that precise a route.  :facepalm:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #282 on: April 06, 2016, 11:07:12 AM »
Yeah, it might have been an okay mid-season episode, but it failed as a season finale on many fronts. I think if this was a mid-season episode, Rick would have blown through the first roadblock where the numbers on both sides were somewhat equal. Instead, he kept navigating to bigger roadblocks, and repeating the same tactics until the end. Also, the "who got brained?" cliffhanger is kinda weak writing. I think the finales where they show a main cast member getting killed are more powerful.

I guess one good part of the episode was Rick being a shaking and scared lump as he realizes he may have had a swelled head and that he's not the cock of the walk. He wouldn't be in this situation if he'd listened to APS members regarding good recon and intel gathering before the initial attack on the Negan compound. :)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #283 on: April 06, 2016, 11:56:40 AM »
"I think the finales where they show a main cast member getting killed are more powerful."

I think the finales where they show a main cast member getting killed are more powerful.

Agreed.

I saw one person comment that this had the feeling of the contrived 1950s movie serial cliff hanger. And that's not a particularly good thing.

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #284 on: April 06, 2016, 01:29:40 PM »
Yeah, it might have been an okay mid-season episode, but it failed as a season finale on many fronts. I think if this was a mid-season episode, Rick would have blown through the first roadblock where the numbers on both sides were somewhat equal. Instead, he kept navigating to bigger roadblocks, and repeating the same tactics until the end. Also, the "who got brained?" cliffhanger is kinda weak writing. I think the finales where they show a main cast member getting killed are more powerful.

Agreed on all points.  It seems the writers didn't have much of a story except "Rick & co are captured by the Saviors.  Negan kills someone."  A bit thin, even for a standard-length episode.

Not revealing the identity of Negan's victim just smelled like a cheap stunt.  I was annoyed.

I was more intrigued by the Carol & Morgan story arc, and first contact with The Kingdom.

I guess one good part of the episode was Rick being a shaking and scared lump as he realizes he may have had a swelled head and that he's not the cock of the walk. He wouldn't be in this situation if he'd listened to APS members regarding good recon and intel gathering before the initial attack on the Negan compound. :)

Technical Advisors: The Armed Polite Society

Wouldn't that be fun to see in the credits?  We could straighten out that foolishness with Carol's sleeve gun too.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #285 on: April 06, 2016, 01:39:36 PM »
We could straighten EVERYTHING out...

We would raise the Alexandrians to rule the post apocalyptic world.

And then...

WE would take over.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #286 on: April 06, 2016, 02:53:50 PM »

I was more intrigued by the Carol & Morgan story arc, and first contact with The Kingdom.

Yeah, me too. I don't read the comics so am unfamiliar with The Kingdom, but  I reckon I get it with the horses and the armor. Just the fact that they're smart enough to wear armor makes me like them. :)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #287 on: April 06, 2016, 03:58:31 PM »
Stolen from a YouTube comment:

"Why did Negan kill the cameraman?"

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #288 on: April 06, 2016, 04:50:42 PM »
Stolen from a YouTube comment:

"Why did Negan kill the cameraman?"

I can answer that.  Ngan killed the cameraman because he couldn't get to the writers.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #289 on: April 07, 2016, 06:30:14 AM »
Earlier in that episode, we see Carol sewing up her jacket. Maybe she also made a hole for the ejection port?

And you can't blame Negan for acting like a Comedian.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #290 on: April 07, 2016, 06:33:21 AM »
And you can't blame Negan for acting like a Comedian.

Chris

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #291 on: April 08, 2016, 02:07:46 PM »

"You work for me now. You have *expletive deleted*it?  You give it to me.  That's your job."

- IRS agent Negan

(yes, I did just finish doing my income taxes.  Why do you ask?)

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #292 on: September 05, 2016, 07:53:35 PM »

Chris

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #293 on: September 29, 2016, 08:14:23 AM »
I just binge-watched the DVDs. There's no cable where I live, and I'm waiting for a-la carte satellite, so it takes me a while to catch up to you guys. My thoughts...

Lots of stupid ulcer-inducing lack of tactics that season.
The actors seemed subdued to me. I got the feeling that whoever gets it in the end will be missed.
I knew Glen wasn't dead because he's Glen.
Morgan's coming around to the reality he lives in. I hope Carol does as well.
Poor Judith just gets passed around to anybody. I wouldn't trust that preacher with one of my cats.
I hope the horse doesn't get eaten by anybody, living or dead.
I think Negan's victim is one of two people: Rosita because who is she without Abraham? They've got tough chicks covered with Michonne and Carol, if she finds her spine again. Or, for shock value, Sasha. She's in love, and they have that angle covered by Glen & Maggie. If Sasha is killed, there will be plenty of drama between Abraham and Rosita until they decide to kill Rosita off later. Both Rosita and Sasha are tough enough to take Negan's first blow, and killing a woman like that shows everyone just how depraved he is.

Oh, and it's "horde" guys.  =)
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).