Author Topic: Walking dead season 6 (spoilers within)  (Read 46378 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Walking dead season 6 (spoilers within)
« Reply #75 on: November 03, 2015, 09:36:33 AM »
The way Eastman got bitten was kind of contrived.

Yeah, considering his skill and awareness dealing with the living, who have faster reflexes, they could at least have made it a fight against a dozen or so walkers. It would have at least been a little more plausible then. Or better yet, killed by one of the Wolves, which would have really tested Morgan's resolve.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #76 on: November 03, 2015, 11:14:46 AM »
Yes.  But he might have been able to just squirm out while they're chowing on Nicholas.  Glenn has gotten out of some seriously tight spots before, it's his specialty.

Glenn had body armor as recently as last season.   It's the heavy riot gear stuff and he said it was heavy to wear.

That said, if we're talking TWD zombies, I'm heading to a motorcycle shop for some leather.
I wasn't thinking of the leathers so much as motocross protective gear.  It has gaps, but not that bad.  Even a few layers of duct tape would probably provide some protection or at least cover the gaps. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #77 on: November 17, 2015, 08:16:25 PM »
You know, I had a thought about something regarding Glenn...

Bear with the scenario here...

1. We know that zombies only eat fresh catch, not each other.

2. We know from season 1 (Glenn and Rick), season 2 (Michonne), and season 5 (Carol) that the Zs can be decoyed by smearing yourself up with Z guts.

3. We know from all of the seasons that the Zeds are getting progressively... squishier. As they were herding the mass out of the quarry some of them were literally exploding against that corrugated wall that they built around that curve in the road as they were crushed up against it by the Zs in back of them. Sort of like the people in front of the stage at a rap concert when the people in the back surge forward.

4. We know that Glenn and Nicholas were in a blind alley closed off by a fence and dumpster with Zed on both sides of the fence pushing towards the center point.

OK, here's my theory.

Glen is alive. Not in a good position, but alive, because...

As Nicholas fell and took Glenn down, Nick the Dick fell on top of Glenn. Those were Nick's guts we saw flying out.

The gunshot that NtD fired into his coconut is going to get the Zs REALLY pushing towards the center point, HARD. In fact, hard enough that the ones at the center point are pretty much going to liquify, and it's going to be a regular Blood and Guts *expletive deleted*it Storm, right on top of Glenn.

Glen is going to get covered with this stuff whether he likes it or not. He's now wearing Eau d'Zombie No. 5, and as such, while the zombies are chowing on Nick's festering carcass, Glenn literally disappears off their radar.

I'll say it again.

Glen is alive.

He's not going to be smelling too pleasant, in fact he might be so gross that Maggie pukes up lunch AND the baby, but he's alive.

That was the strangled "Help!" that Abraham, Sasha, and Darryl heard as they were motoring down the highway in the fuel truck.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #78 on: November 17, 2015, 10:29:28 PM »
That definitely sounded like Glen on the radio.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #79 on: November 18, 2015, 01:39:34 PM »
That definitely sounded like Glen on the radio.

Definitely wasn't Rick. 

Regarding the last episode ("Always Accountable"), anyone else think that box of cigars was in remarkably good condition?  And why would U.S. military personnel have an RPG-7?
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #80 on: November 18, 2015, 01:55:19 PM »
Definitely wasn't Rick.  

Regarding the last episode ("Always Accountable"), anyone else think that box of cigars was in remarkably good condition?  

Heh, I was thinking the same thing, and laughed when he even rolled the cigar. I was expecting it to crack apart. I guess it's that humid East Coast that preserved them.  :laugh:

On the RPG, I would assume the storyline would be that when things got bad, protocol went out the window. Might have even been a soldier(s) that grabbed stuff from a base in chaos and went on the lam.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #81 on: November 19, 2015, 01:14:38 AM »
We don't have many live RPG rounds lying around on military bases...  few to none that would actually go boom....training/dummy ones, sure but not live ones...
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #82 on: November 19, 2015, 01:33:16 AM »
We don't have many live RPG rounds lying around on military bases...  few to none that would actually go boom....training/dummy ones, sure but not live ones...

Maybe the walker was a Syrian refugee.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #83 on: November 19, 2015, 05:59:22 AM »
Definitely wasn't Rick. 

Regarding the last episode ("Always Accountable"), anyone else think that box of cigars was in remarkably good condition?  And why would U.S. military personnel have an RPG-7?

Same preservation mechanism as what is keeping all of the gasoline and car batteries nice and fresh.

As for the RPG, yeah, I just rolled my eyes on that.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #84 on: November 19, 2015, 05:59:45 AM »
I'm kind of surprised and disappointed that none of you are picking my Glen theory apart...

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #85 on: November 19, 2015, 06:36:49 AM »
Back in the Cold War there used to be an OPFOR unit that was all decked out with Soviet gear. This included live fire familiarization so our boys weren't stuck trying to read Cyrillic henscratches in the middle of combat. So I'm just going to pretend I believe that's where the RPG-7 came from.

Right?
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #86 on: November 19, 2015, 09:41:51 AM »

Where is stuff like that (I'm assuming detcord is included  :lol:  ) kept? Or going from the other direction, what would a soldier on a run of the mill base be able to get their hands on if escaping zombies, nobody stopped them, and if they had keys to everything?

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #87 on: November 19, 2015, 09:47:42 AM »
I'm kind of surprised and disappointed that none of you are picking my Glen theory apart...

I kind of like your theory, better than the "he crawled into a sewer" or "he pulled the dumpster on top of himself" theories I've heard around work.  I hope he's alive, mainly because he's been a pretty good character, and if they are going to kill him off, let it at least be a heroic or meaningful death.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #88 on: November 19, 2015, 09:49:41 AM »

Heh. If up to this point some of the death defying escapes were more believable, you might have an argument on your hands. Given some of the previous escapes, yours is one of the more plausible explanations.

I think the only place there's nits to pick is how he gets through that hoard. The fence blocks him on one side, and he has a crushing number of walkers on the other. So I guess we have to assume that either he somehow works his way through all those walkers, or they somehow have their attention diverted somewhere else. It could be that the diversion is coming up, if he got his "help" out while he was stuck under a bazillion walkers that, while not noticing him, weren't getting out of his way either. The cavalry may arrive and create a diversion.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #89 on: November 19, 2015, 10:02:41 AM »
Ah.... I don't think he has gotten through the hoard. I think he's still stuck in it, the cork in the end of the bottle that is the alley. Given how hard they're pressing down that alley, I don't think he could force his way through them; he's completely hemmed in on both sides because remember (and as I said) there are walkers on BOTH sides of that fence, and they're all pushing towards the sound of the gunshot.

But, as I said, he's covered with goopy camouflage. That "help!" on the radio was his desperate attempt to see if someone was around to, as you noted, divert the herd, or at least change its direction, and allow him to shuffle out to safety. He's going to have to be very careful, though, about using the radio, because anything other than growling tends to get the Zs agitated.

I think his biggest problem right now is simply finding a way to keep from being crushed to death. The walkers might have lost a lot of weight, but there's still a lot of them exerting a lot of force in one direction.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #90 on: November 19, 2015, 10:31:52 AM »
I think his biggest problem right now is simply finding a way to keep from being crushed to death. The walkers might have lost a lot of weight, but there's still a lot of them exerting a lot of force in one direction.

I reckon that's where the writers need to use artistic license for the story and the viewers need to suspend disbelief. When you read stories from the real world about people being crushed / suffocated to death in relatively minor crowds, you have to figure he'd be dead by now. Though he could have wormed his way under the vehicle, possibly after the walkers were no longer focused on him being the serving plate for their Nicksgiving feast, which would not only give him protection, but a little cover for using the radio.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #91 on: November 19, 2015, 11:22:10 AM »
I don't recall seeing a vehicle. I do recall seeing a dumpster, and an exterior stairs on the side of the one building that had been blocked off.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #92 on: November 19, 2015, 11:33:54 AM »
I don't recall seeing a vehicle. I do recall seeing a dumpster, and an exterior stairs on the side of the one building that had been blocked off.

Ah, okay. I've already forgotten the scene. Somehow I was thinking they were on the roof of a panel truck or something. Don't think even skinny Glen is gonna squeeze under a dumpster. :)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #93 on: November 19, 2015, 11:52:20 AM »
No, they climbed on top of a dumpster.

Hard to tell whether he could squeeze under it or not. Some I've seen have set pretty high off the ground.

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #94 on: November 19, 2015, 04:47:17 PM »
Same preservation mechanism as what is keeping all of the gasoline and car batteries nice and fresh.

As for the RPG, yeah, I just rolled my eyes on that.

Whenever stuff like this appears in a movie or a show, most of the time I assume that the show takes place in another reality almost just the same as ours, with a few minor changes in, for example laws, or changes in when device X was invented (or for that matter, changes in the laws of physics)...so this neatly explains the crates of C96 Mauser pistols in Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows. Another reality, almost exactly like ours, just that the Feederle brothers managed to invent it a few years ahead of schedule compared to our reality. Same with the Marvel movies. Universe very much like hours, just that the laws of physics allows for things like the Hulk to exist, or for the Iron Man suit to function, etc.

So, The Walking Dead takes place in another universe, where for some reason, RPG-7s can be expected to be found in America. Perhaps the US Army got hold of a large number of them for some reason? Perhaps there's no 1968 Gun Control Act, so Destructive Devices are available over the counter, even though many shops probably won't have them for sale purely because they aren't comfortable with storing high explosives on their premises.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Triphammer

• friend
« Reply #95 on: November 19, 2015, 05:26:29 PM »
What would be the US equivalent. I mean, we've all seen RPG7s on the news & You Tube. so everyone "knows"
what they're looking at. I can't remember the last time I saw a shoulder fired rocket something other than thee RPG7 on TV or in Movies.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #96 on: November 19, 2015, 05:26:38 PM »
The most probable reason for the RPG-7 is the producers thought "cool, a bazooka!  It will be real cool to have it on our AMC show!"
Not realizing that the weapon is a Russian weapon.
Or is that explanation too pedantic? [popcorn]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #97 on: November 19, 2015, 06:11:56 PM »
What would be the US equivalent. I mean, we've all seen RPG7s on the news & You Tube. so everyone "knows"
what they're looking at. I can't remember the last time I saw a shoulder fired rocket something other than thee RPG7 on TV or in Movies.
Carl Gustaf recoilless rifle?
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re:
« Reply #98 on: November 19, 2015, 09:08:45 PM »
Either the LAW or AT4.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #99 on: November 20, 2015, 02:41:10 PM »
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.