Author Topic: Another case of doing jobs gringos won't do  (Read 1874 times)

brimic

• friends
Another case of doing jobs gringos won't do
« on: October 14, 2015, 09:59:10 AM »
Driving without insurance.

Ex called me up last night, needing me to pick up one of the kids.
She was involved in an accident, hit on the side by a mexican with no insurance.
She said the cop is giving the guy a couple of tickets, and that was it.
I took a look at her truck, I'm guessing $2500-3000 worth of damage- she had full coverage but dropped collision a few years ago because the vehicle is 12 years old.
So she's basically *expletive deleted*ed.
I told her to consult a lawyer. In WI, insurance is mandatory, but the former governor and the then dem controlled legislature passed a law both increasing the minimum liability coverage and including shared liability(1).

Well at least someone is getting their roof installed or lawn mowed for a few bucks cheaper....

(1) shared liability means that even if an uninsured person is at fault in an accident, they still can hire an ambulance chaser to recover full damages from the other (insured) party due to their fake neck injury.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Re: Another case of doing jobs gringos won't do
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2015, 10:03:59 AM »
I suspect that the driver who hit her is essentially 'judgement proof' with no liquid assets that can be seized to satisfy an award or verdict. Most people without insurance do not have ample bank accounts or other assets that you can go after. This happens to me every couple of years: someone hits one of my fleet vehicles and they have no insurance or assets, so I end up eating the repairs, since they are almost always under the deductible of my commercial auto coverage.  I still send those drivers a legal demand for the costs, in the hopes that they will do the right thing.  So far, no one has.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2015, 10:04:36 AM »

*expletive deleted*ing wonderful ain't it?

I thought about dropping full coverage but the tons of uninsured/unlicensed drivers out on the road (both of the Hispanic illegal type and of the gringo serial DUI type) mean I'll be keeping it.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

brimic

• friends
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2015, 10:27:37 AM »

I thought about dropping full coverage but the tons of uninsured/unlicensed drivers out on the road (both of the Hispanic illegal type and of the gringo serial DUI type) mean I'll be keeping it.

I carry full coverage because I drive through the ghetto every day. nuff said.
Ex drives mainly in wealthier suburbs or on freeways between those suburbs.

Barack Obama

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2015, 10:42:38 AM »
Driving without insurance.

Ex called me up last night, needing me to pick up one of the kids.
She was involved in an accident, hit on the side by a mexican with no insurance.
I took a look at her truck, I'm guessing $2500-3000 worth of damage- she had full coverage but dropped collision a few years ago because the vehicle is 12 years old.
So she's basically *expletive deleted*ed.
I told her to consult a lawyer. In WI, insurance is mandatory, but the former governor and the then dem controlled legislature passed a law both increasing the minimum liability coverage and including shared liability(1).

Well at least someone is getting their roof installed or lawn mowed for a few bucks cheaper....

(1) shared liability means that even if an uninsured person is at fault in an accident, they still can hire an ambulance chaser to recover full damages from the other (insured) party due to their fake neck injury.

Shut up and eat your beans and pay your deductables & premiuns, prole.  Your betters have determined that open borders is a moral casue and that you are immoral for opposing them.

No defensible moral framework regards foreigners as less deserving of rights than people born in the right place at the right time.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

brimic

• friends
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2015, 11:21:15 AM »
Shut up and eat your beans and pay your deductables & premiuns, prole.  Your betters have determined that open borders is a moral casue and that you are immoral for opposing them.

As a friend of mine says about people who drive without insurance or do other jackassery things with a 3500lb weapon "shoot them in the head and leave them on the side of the road as an example so that maybe someone else will learn from it."

Barack Obama

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2015, 11:37:44 AM »
As a friend of mine says about people who drive without insurance or do other jackassery things with a 3500lb weapon "shoot them in the head and leave them on the side of the road as an example so that maybe someone else will learn from it."
I have no problems with this.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2015, 12:54:08 PM »

Lots of them around here, and where I lived before too. Easy to spot. They're the guys wearing blue collar or grungy clothes while riding bicycles and not looking happy riding bicycles.

I don't know if CA does this anymore, but it was one of the few good things CA does (or did). I don't remember the details, but the gist of it was that if you were hit by an uninsured motorist and took them to small claims court and won, which you would normally do since they were uninsured and all, you could then take your judgment to the DMV. The DMV would record it and would then start notifying the other driver that they owed money. In the meantime, no drivers license or auto registration until they paid up, and it followed them throughout their state records.

Don't know that it would do any good with the worst offenders who would just drive unlicensed until they were caught again, but it would be nice to know you could at least give the jackass that hit you some pinpricks that would follow them around.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2015, 01:16:01 PM »
Lots of them around here, and where I lived before too. Easy to spot. They're the guys wearing blue collar or grungy clothes while riding bicycles and not looking happy riding bicycles.

Unfortunately my state is one of those that doesn't believe in taking away a license until you get up into the double digits. It's like DUIing is a state sport around here. And then they drive mopeds once they lose the license, so they are traffic hazards.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2015, 01:17:36 PM »
Why don't we just ban motor vehicles?
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

brimic

• friends
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2015, 01:24:19 PM »
Unfortunately my state is one of those that doesn't believe in taking away a license until you get up into the double digits. It's like DUIing is a state sport around here. And then they drive mopeds once they lose the license, so they are traffic hazards.

Same in my state, its too lax.
I had to check WI CCAP on the guy I bought my last motorcycle from as it was pretty obvious to me that he was a criminal. Yep, 5 OWIs, the last being 2 years ago with a pule of financial crimes, disorderly conducts, and a few evictions. He drove away from the point of sale in a beat to *expletive deleted*it old pickup truck.

Barack Obama

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2015, 04:31:18 PM »
My car is still in the shop after being in a three vehicle accident, second time I've been hit by an uninsured idiot who can't be bothered to pay attention while driving. I live up the road from Boomhauer, enforcement and penalties are worthless.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2015, 05:54:48 PM »
Hmm...glad I pay the $6/mo extra for uninsured/underinsured coverage here in Texas.  $20/40k injury and $15k property damage (minimum - reducing it saves me nothing, so my $700 Saturn is well covered) is quite comforting.  Can't have more U/U than liability, though, so when the budget has more breathing room, I sometimes up my liability and U/U injury limits to $50/150k.  ($50k per person, $150k total per incident)

As a bonus, it leaves my insurance company (and their lawyers) to figure out whether the at-fault party has enough assets to go after.  I've heard some pretty much don't bother figuring it out; get a judgment, then let the legal department interns get some practice by finding assets and getting liens on the ones that will make it most painful.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2015, 05:56:04 PM »

Ditt-fricken-o here.  Car ain't worth much, but I'd be stuck without one while trying to find another, so I kept the insurance.

Plus what roo_ster said.

Plus that border south of us is permeable both ways if ya get my drift.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2015, 06:34:29 PM »
Ditt-fricken-o here.  Car ain't worth much, but I'd be stuck without one while trying to find another, so I kept the insurance.

Plus what roo_ster said.

Plus that border south of us is permeable both ways if ya get my drift.
That southern permeability only comes into play when  a drunk driver is facing manslaughter charges.

Barack Obama

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2015, 07:16:54 PM »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2015, 07:19:56 PM »
For no other reason than the mobility machine is on a lift inside the cargo area of the Gimp-Mobile I carry what my agent considers "excessive" coverage that will not only fix the rear bumper/lift door but get me a new lift and mobility machine, as well as rental of a modified vehicle and mobility machine.  Not being able to ambulate 50 feet without becoming totally exhausted losing the use of the scooter scares the living daylights out of me.

IF the courts get their act together and declare one of these scofflaws as a Habitual Offender and said scofflaw then damages property (or causes physical injury) and gets caught they can be charged with a felony carrying no less than 1 and no more than 5 years in the Gray Bar Hotel.  Trouble is, it's a big "IF".  Some of the undocumented vacationers not only have multiple DLs already they seem to be able to get a new one as easily as I get a quart of milk.  That "Real ID" thing seems to be behind that.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2015, 07:37:35 PM »
Do they still have habitual offender in va?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2015, 08:05:43 PM »
Some of the undocumented vacationers not only have multiple DLs already they seem to be able to get a new one as easily as I get a quart of milk.  That "Real ID" thing seems to be behind that.

I need to figure out this process; seems like I get stopped a lot more in winter when the Irish paleness returns.

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2015, 09:37:50 PM »
Simple, with no insurance you should be able to keep their vehicle.
So pay up or sell it whole or for parts. Hopefully enough to offset your deductible.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2015, 10:17:02 PM »
As one of my bosses at Airborne Express stated after another one of our vans was hit by a Hispanic with no Insurance or DL (most here run on contact or run before the police show up):

"A Mexican with insurance is rarer then hen's teeth."   And what with Chicago being a sanctuary city, the nearby suburb of West "Chicano", it's real easy to spot the ones with DL or Insurance.  Generally they are in a beater doing exactly the speed limit.   Which with the traffic around here, doing the speed limit should be enough for probable cause.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2015, 12:28:42 AM »
Do they still have habitual offender in va?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's still on the books.  Doubt if they use it very much.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.