Author Topic: This week in rigid adherence to stereotype:  (Read 6315 times)

HankB

• friend
Re: This week in rigid adherence to stereotype:
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2015, 03:51:29 PM »
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2015, 07:21:36 PM »
Getting back to the OP person in the picture looks like Moes daughter
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2015, 11:35:03 PM »
Getting back to the OP person in the picture looks like Moes daughter

Trying not to think about seeing his "Moe Face".
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2015, 12:14:52 PM »

At the risk of sounding extremely unpopular, why are so many folks focusing on her unattractiveness? I've met quite a few of ya. You all don't have room to speak. I'm not excepting myself from that either.  =D

She believes the President either is or should be a dictator. That is more than enough to prove she is a horrible human being. Her ugliness has no bearing on her disturbing ideology, folks.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2015, 12:24:20 PM »
Having also meet quiet a few APS members...

Nobody I've met is that bad.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2015, 08:33:42 PM »
At the risk of sounding extremely unpopular, why are so many folks focusing on her unattractiveness? I've met quite a few of ya. You all don't have room to speak. I'm not excepting myself from that either.  =D

She believes the President either is or should be a dictator. That is more than enough to prove she is a horrible human being. Her ugliness has no bearing on her disturbing ideology, folks.

We're hardwired to want to be wanted, to be valued and desired.

The attacks on looks are vicious and effective because they bypass our reason and hit us in a most vulnerable spot.

Ones worthiness and fitness to breed children based on our most basest drive, physical attraction.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2015, 09:14:40 PM »

Goes back to the OP,  she fits the stereotype.  No different than someone insinuating that all yokels screw sheep when they can't lay hands on a cousin.

"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2015, 09:58:33 PM »
Goes back to the OP,  she fits the stereotype.

That would be all that I have to say about her looks. From her politics, to her sexual orientation, to her devotion to Barack Obama, to her physical appearance, she embodies the stereotype of a gender studies academic. The point of the thread is to mock her holistically. ;)

The only place she might stand out a bit is in being so public about how much she depends on a man to fix all the problems, and make it all better.  =)
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2015, 11:04:17 PM »

Because it's self-inflicted. She has put on a uniform the same as any skinny-pants-wearing, fedora-doffing hipster.  It's the statement she is willingly making that I reject.
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2015, 11:50:11 PM »

It's worth noting to me because so many northeastern jewish women look exactly like that. And they're all stark raving leftist lunatics. The unattractiveness is not really relevant..just the overall look.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2015, 04:14:13 PM »
Ridiculing a person's personal appearance, speech impediment, accent, height, whatever, is something people do when they have a strong disagreement with them. I wish it weren't so, but I don't see it going away.  =|
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 04:44:00 PM by fistful »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife