Author Topic: Good news for America  (Read 1309 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Good news for America
« on: October 22, 2015, 12:37:01 AM »
We've all been a little bummed that Canuckistan is looking better than we are lately, at least by some metrics. It looks like that's going to change.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KeJi2KMSPI
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Re: Good news for America
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2015, 12:45:36 AM »
Yes, I've heard he's another one that could give our mommy jeans wearing president a swirlie without breaking a sweat.

Good thing they are still our (nominal) allies.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2015, 12:54:18 AM »
Yes, I've heard he's another one that could give our mommy jeans wearing president a swirlie without breaking a sweat.

Good thing they are still our (nominal) allies.

Other than DJ, from the Facilitated Communication article, is there anyone that couldn't?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2015, 09:59:07 AM »
"I consider the middle class the people who work for their income and not people who live off their assets or their savings."

And they got their assets and savings how?

He'd definitely fit in with the current Dem line up in our country. Canada will get fiscally interesting in the next several years. He also says in an article I read that he's in favor of the Keystone Pipeline, but I suspect not very strongly, so I'm betting that's not going anywhere (not that it is now).
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2015, 10:23:49 AM »
Maybe after a few years of a liberal administration, the Canadian dollar will once again be worth only 80 cents US?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2015, 03:08:04 PM »
Maybe after a few years of a liberal administration, the Canadian dollar will once again be worth only 80 cents US?

ObPedant:

Currently, 1 loonie equals 76 U.S. cents.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2015, 05:37:15 PM »
ObPedant:

Currently, 1 loonie equals 76 U.S. cents.

Back at another low in the early 2000's, I um... created quite a stir when I made an official-looking memorandum from our IT consulting firm, that there were exciting things afoot, that everyone was getting a 15% pay raise across the board, but for tax and other reasons, the company HQ was moving to Canada, and all wages and salaries would be in Canadian dollars. (Implying you'd get a 15% raise in the "number" but a 20% pay cut in the value of the currency...)

Much hillarity/butthurtedness ensued, and rumor has it that it went all the way up to the corp. HQ in Chicago, but those in the know thought it was hilarious, and nobody ratted me out.  :angel:
I promise not to duck.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2015, 01:55:22 PM »
Back at another low in the early 2000's, I um... created quite a stir when I made an official-looking memorandum from our IT consulting firm, that there were exciting things afoot, that everyone was getting a 15% pay raise across the board, but for tax and other reasons, the company HQ was moving to Canada, and all wages and salaries would be in Canadian dollars. (Implying you'd get a 15% raise in the "number" but a 20% pay cut in the value of the currency...)

Much hillarity/butthurtedness ensued, and rumor has it that it went all the way up to the corp. HQ in Chicago, but those in the know thought it was hilarious, and nobody ratted me out.  :angel:

A number of years ago, a co-worker asked the manager when he was going to get a six figure salary. 

The manager's response:  "when we pay you in pesos."
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden