Author Topic: Blindspot  (Read 1760 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Blindspot
« on: November 04, 2015, 08:30:47 AM »
I like this show. But I do not understand why they treat her tattoos as a state secret, yet apparently don't mind if she goes out in public, wearing a tank shirt.

Also, how dumb must they be to go walking down the middle of the road, in a clump, through hostile territory? What is this, the Walking Dead?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

BryanP

• friendly hermit
  • friend
Re: Blindspot
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2015, 09:05:56 AM »
Framing a shot is more important than tactics.  This is TV after all.

If the walking dead made any sense they'd all be wearing body armor made from stuff they looted from sporting goods stores and motorcycle shops, with added duck tape as needed.  They'd also be using bicycles. 

Blindspot is a fun show, but I swear they had a meeting at NBC that went like this:

"Okay, everyone loves The Blacklist. We need to clone it, but we can't make it too obvious. Brainstorm people!"

"Let's flip the genders. Make Red the woman and Agent Keene a guy!"

"Good, good. We should probably swap genders on their boss too, but leave her African American."

"Hey, instead of the mysterious character whose shady past drives all the storylines being a criminal mastermind, we'll make her an amnesiac! And instead of a list of criminals, she'll be covered in tattoos that are secret clues!"

"Genius people. Let's green light this."
"Inaccurately attributed quotes are the bane of the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

brimic

• friends
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2015, 09:53:27 AM »
Its on network TV, so I won't bother watching it.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2015, 10:38:54 AM »

Blindspot is a fun show, but I swear they had a meeting at NBC that went like this:

"Okay, everyone loves The Blacklist. We need to clone it, but we can't make it too obvious. Brainstorm people!"

"Good, good. We should probably swap genders on their boss too, but leave her African American."

"Hey, instead of the mysterious character whose shady past drives all the storylines being a criminal mastermind, we'll make her an amnesiac! And instead of a list of criminals, she'll be covered in tattoos that are secret clues!"

Heh. I quit watching that show a while back, so I didn't see those parallels at all. Pretty funny, though.  

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2015, 10:47:58 AM »
If the walking dead made any sense they'd all be wearing body armor made from stuff they looted from sporting goods stores and motorcycle shops, with added duck tape as needed.  They'd also be using bicycles.

This.  Between martial arts sparring armor and good riding gear, you can come up with a pretty darn effective impact/cut resistant outfit.  Throw some Nomex turnouts over it and you're ready to play with a homemade flamethrower in close quarters zombie battles.

IMO, one of the dumbest moves I've seen in a road rage fight was the sport biker taking off his helmet and armored jacket to fight the driver that cut him off.  Hello idiot; you were a tank, and now you're just a scrawny kid.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2015, 11:11:55 AM »
Framing a shot is more important than tactics.  This is TV after all.

Well-imaged, LOL.

Terry
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2015, 11:43:32 AM »
Doesn't hurt that she's smoking hot, either...

(SWMBO knows.  She watched Thor for Chris Hemsworth, I watched Thor for Jaimie Alexander.  It is what it is.)
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

BryanP

• friendly hermit
  • friend
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2015, 12:08:38 PM »
Doesn't hurt that she's smoking hot, either...

(SWMBO knows.  She watched Thor for Chris Hemsworth, I watched Thor for Jaimie Alexander.  It is what it is.)

She is very pretty.  For me personally, the nerdy lady who works in the lab is much more appealing. 

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2015, 12:36:45 PM »
For me personally, the nerdy lady who works in the lab is much more appealing. 

Mel Gibson's daughter?

The Painted Lady is nice-looking, but the goofy, chopped-off, over-dyed hair helps me keep things Platonic with her.

StopTheGrays

• friend
  • bah...
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2015, 01:27:45 PM »
Prison Break did the "tattoos mean things" better.
Does any image illustrate so neatly the wrongheadedness of the Obama administration than Americans scrambling in terror from Air Force One?
Just great…Chicago politics has spread to all 57 states.
They told me if I voted for John McCain, my country would look like it is run by people with a disturbing affinity towards fascism. And they were right!

brimic

• friends
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2015, 01:48:29 PM »
Prison Break did the "tattoos mean things" better.

'Memento' did it better yet.

To expound on the last post, network TV doesn't do anything new under the sun, it just dumbs down older ideas.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2015, 02:15:15 PM »
She is very pretty.  For me personally, the nerdy lady who works in the lab is much more appealing. 

That is also Dad's preferred female lead in the show.

I like it. I watched the first couple episodes of The Blacklist and got bored pretty quick. I'm liking Blindspot a lot more. Dad is also hooked to the point were he makes an effort to get home before 10 pm on Mondays.
I just hope it's not something he really gets into. Those are the shows that always get cancelled. :( I blame him for the fact that Red Band Society got the ax.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2015, 02:30:42 PM »
So, no love for Zapata?

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2015, 02:48:46 PM »
So, no love for Zapata?

He likes Zapata, but cute and curvy is just more to his tastes.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

BryanP

• friendly hermit
  • friend
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2015, 04:27:17 PM »

Ding ding ding.  Your dad is a man of taste.

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2015, 04:52:16 PM »
'Memento' did it better yet.

To expound on the last post, network TV doesn't do anything new under the sun, it just dumbs down older ideas.

I am not familiar with anything mentioned up to this point.

But I will say if anyone out there is riffing off Memento, they're wasting their time. It can't be topped in the brain-twisting clues dept.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2015, 06:04:26 PM »

OK, so what about Mayfair?  =)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2015, 06:59:08 AM »
This.  Between martial arts sparring armor and good riding gear, you can come up with a pretty darn effective impact/cut resistant outfit.  Throw some Nomex turnouts over it and you're ready to play with a homemade flamethrower in close quarters zombie battles.

IMO, one of the dumbest moves I've seen in a road rage fight was the sport biker taking off his helmet and armored jacket to fight the driver that cut him off.  Hello idiot; you were a tank, and now you're just a scrawny kid.

Way back.in high school one of the star (pet) running backs got into a fight on the field after a particularly grevious action by an opposing player, don't remember the details but I remember it as being almost morally justifiable. The RB yanked off his helmet as he weighed in.
Of course he had to be punished for the incident and was assigned 150 laps around the field to be completed over multiple days. Coach made sure to stress the point that only 20 laps were for the fight, the rest were for taking off his helmet to fight.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2015, 08:47:53 AM »
never heard of the show.  Sounds like I have not missed anything.  Political correctness in casting is killing the movies.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2015, 10:15:58 AM »
never heard of the show.  Sounds like I have not missed anything.  Political correctness in casting is killing the movies.

What; you don't like black storm-troopers in Star Wars, or something?

I'm honestly not sure how you get that impression of the show from reading this thread. It reads to me as if we rather like it, and no one's complained about political correctness.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 11:02:22 AM by fistful »

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2015, 06:39:20 PM »
missfire, nevermind...
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

White Horseradish

• friend
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2015, 11:42:18 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dONyv-Cwkoo
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein