Author Topic: Are there other forums?  (Read 16720 times)

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
Re: Are there other forums?
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2006, 07:57:58 AM »
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

wuchun

« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2010, 05:58:35 AM »
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 08:25:18 AM by mtnbkr »
I'm a dirty spambot!

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2010, 07:23:01 AM »
Wuchun has strong powers!  He has ressurected a four year old thread, although he did it near halloween when dead threads like to stir.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2010, 12:41:35 PM »
Being an M1911 addict, I hang out on http://forum.m1911.org/.

They also have a sister site for discussing firearms and RKBA-related political stuff, but after a bunch of people pressured the site owner into creating a place to discuss politics -- they all went AWOL and he's thinking of shutting the politics site down. http://www.gun-politics.org/

In my spare time (yeah, right) I'm a moderator on a Jeep forum, and I also lurk a bit on the forum for Lee reloading products http://forums.loadmastervideos.com/forums/

(Nothing like adding pseudo-legitimacy to a zombie threat resurrected by an artificial "intelligence" entity.)
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2010, 01:25:55 PM »
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2010, 01:31:22 PM »
zombies!
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2010, 03:28:42 PM »
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2010, 06:41:16 PM »
http://www.downrange.tv/forum/ .....they're almost as polite and civilized as we are....  =D
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2010, 08:26:38 PM »
I sometime peruse
www.pamedia.com
www.revleft.com although I imagine it is for different reasons than RoadKingLarry  :lol:
and
http://www.librarything.com/groups/eastonpresscollecto#forums

=D I use to be way more active on the first two but it has become more of a, just look to see what new things people are talking about.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2010, 08:32:41 PM »
But I was just wondering if you all enjoy any other forums for various topics. 

THR.us
Freerepublic
Firing Line.
Assorted brand specific gunfora, infrequently.
Illinoiscarry.com
gun rights radio news forums
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2010, 08:39:58 PM »
I hang a bit at http://www.xmarksthescot.com/forum/

And get some REALLY good info at http://androidforums.com/

I'm not hugely active, but both have good info (on kilts and Android OS, respectively)...
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2010, 08:49:36 PM »
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2010, 10:07:59 PM »
new one for me:
http://www.texaschlforum.com/

Just don't say anything critical of the NRA there...

...edited myself...not gonna play the snark game....
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 10:14:05 PM by seeker_two »
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2010, 10:32:47 PM »
THR.us - Mostly lurk and read, rarely post.
Illinoiscarry.com - Same handle.
Aurorasc.org - Member's Forum.

A few blogs that I check; Preacherman's, Lawdog's, Tamara's, and Dr. Grumpy.  (only 'cause I'm on the other end of the needle.)

Facebook

APS
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2010, 12:25:28 AM »
woah, blast from the past!! :cool:
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2010, 12:58:27 AM »
M4Carbine.net and Lightfighter. If you want serious advice on guns, these are two excellent boards. I do like the fact that people trying to start *expletive deleted*it on these boards get hammered hard.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2010, 01:08:59 AM »
I check THR.us, THR.org, and TFL every day, although I don't often post these days. I also check in daily at webmasterworld.com. There's some smaller gun forums I visit occasionally.

A couple of times a week I talk to another person face to face. That's weird.

Bob F.

• friend
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2010, 09:26:04 AM »
Eleven Mike (#6) no,you didn't. Expect to get hassled here frequently--all in good fun(until somebody gets an eye poked out!)

BobR (#5) What nurses forum? I'm also a male nurse.

Stay safe.
Bob
"I always have my primary weapon, it's right between my ears."

erictank

• friends
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2010, 09:57:50 AM »
What, besides APS and THR.us (haven't been to .org for a while now, come to think of it)?

I've been known to spend time at I Can Haz Cheezburger, though I haven't been there for a while.  Not so much a forum, of course, as just a bunch of silly captioned pictures.

Flyertalk.com's Travel Safety & Security Forum (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-safety-security-222/), where there is much discussion of TSA's latest and not-so-greatest travesty on a regular basis.  Mostly anti-TSA (no surprise, as most of the residents are frequent flyers), but there are a few TSA apologists there, a couple of whom claim to be screeners for the agency.  I also hit FT's Omni boards occasionally.

I'm an irregular Barfly at Baen's Bar, the forums for Baen Publishing (mostly milscifi books, for those here who haven't heard me hyping their Wbescriptions and Free Library yet  :angel:) at bar.baen.com.

Because I'm a costuming and prop geek:
501st Legion Of Stormtroopers (www.501st.com, with 501st-member-only forums at www.501stforums.com) - the world's biggest and best Star Wars costuming group.  We're the ones in the Guiness Book, we trooped at the Rose Bowl Parade a couple of years back when Lucas was the Parade Grand Marshal (Lucasfilm Ltd. brought in 200 troops from all over the world for the event, at their expense), and we're the go-to group for SW book signings, game and DVD releases, movie premieres, and assorted charity events - as a result of which, Lucas wrote us into SW canon for Episode 3 (the blue-striped troops that attacked the Jedi Temple with Anakin were the 501st Legion).  Been a member for 8 1/2 years now, and the group just keeps getting bigger - over 5800 worldwide, at last count.
Garrison Tyranus, the Virginia chapter of the 501st (www.va501st.com, with reg-required forums at www.va501st.com/forum - prospective members have full access to the forums).
The Rebel Legion, sister group to the 501st (501st does the bad guy costumes, RL does the good guys - www.rebellegion.com, reg-required forums at www.rebellegion.com/forums - site appears to be down at the moment).  Freedom Base covers VA, as well as DC and WV IIRC.  Not as big as the 501st, but not too shabby - better than 2400 worldwide, last I saw.  Lots of members of the 501st are also RL members, myself included.
Been a LONG time since I've been there, but I'm a member at www.scifihero.net, which got its start as a Stargate fan/costuming group and branched out from there - there're probably at least as many new-BSG fans/costumers there as Stargate ones, for the past several years.
Someone else mentioned Club Obi-Wan up above (www.indygear.com/cow) - I got a discount on my Indy jacket from US Wings as a result of being a COW member.  Bought my Akubra Federation IV (an Aussie-made Indy-style fedora, VERY accurate and excellent value) on the recommendation of numerous COW members.
The Replica Prop Forum (www.rpf.com) - perhaps THE best source of information on costuming and propbuilding out there.  Several industry professionals stop by on an irregular basis, and some are members (such as 'Mythbusters' Adam Savage).  Iron Man costuming's really big right now, so I'm spending plenty of time there lately.  You can read without registering, but cannot post - registration only happens a few times a year, IIRC.
The 405th Infantry Division (www.405th.com) - costuming/fan club for the Halo video game series, with tons of information on a costume-building technique called pepakura (means "paperfolding", IIRC - you can take designs, make them out of folded cardstock, and coat them with resin and fiberglass and detailed bondo to create awesome-looking durable costume armor).  Also a lot of Iron Man talk there.

There are other sites I hit VERY infrequently, but those are the most common ones.

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2010, 06:18:38 PM »
forums.spacebattles.com for sci-fi related stuff of all kinds
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

sanglant

• friend

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2010, 10:30:55 PM »
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2010, 11:15:42 PM »
I've been perusing this place (and the main website) for a few hours now:
http://www.menarebetterthanwomen.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=33
Funny as hell.